Experience Conference/Night of Joy

Mom B

DIS Veteran
Any DVCers attending? I have my ressies at BLT for that week but haven't taken the plunge yet and completed registration for the conference. Never having attended anything like this before I'm a little intimidated. Although DH will be traveling with me, I would probably attend the workshops alone while he finds other ways at WDW to fill most of his time. As a humble little small church musician/worship team member with mediocre skills, am I going to feel out of place? Is it worth the expense? Thanks for any thoughts!

I won't be there at all, but I would love to get to Night of Joy sometime! Maybe someday :) I'm sure you'd get lots of great info and interaction at the conference. I say go for it!!

I agree that this is a wonderful (possibly "once in a life-time") opportunity; Go for it!!!
I've only attended both Nights Of Joy once in 2011 with my DH & DS. Although I probably will never have the opportunity to go ever again, I dream of it often. God bless!

From the couple of times I went I will share my experience please take it with a grain of salt because it will be different than yours .
I've never taken any workshops so I can't tell you anything about that.

The music is A-MAY-ZING. The headliners were always fun but I find that the littler side concerts are a little more personal for me.

The crowds are a bit overwhelming ... There are tons and I mean TONS of kids. And you would assume they would all behave because of what the event represents but expect the unexpected.

There are rides open during the concerts and in between the headliners usually the lines can get long. But when the stage in front of the castle starts going the line is manageable. Although I didn't really go there for the rides so I went on only a handful.

Is it worth it?
If you've never been I would go once and see for your self :)

Enjoy!

I will be at CSR for the youth leader experience, my wife will be heading down on Thursday morning. I have never attended this conference but have been to some of the big ones, youth ministry wise, and the sessions are usually great, but the networking is as good or better. I am also from a small church and you can find other small church folks there. We are the ones without the expense accounts eating pb&j, lol. I am really looking forward to night of joy, we need to go home Saturday for Sunday church, but hopefully Friday will be great.

Ive been twice with my dads church from Ft Myers (we flew in from Texas). Great event. Instead of hearing disney music piped in everywhere its CCM. A pretty cool experience and I would say worth the experience once.

Clint

I am going to the conference and both nights of NoJ - 1st time for this conference and Night of Joy for me! I would love to try to meet up with anyone! I am staying at Coronado, fly in Tuesday and fly home Sunday. I rebooked so I would get free dining and am eating solo that week - 1st time for a solo trip to WDW for me (though I was solo at DL for a day last year).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter