Experience Board Walk and Wilderness Lodge member

sdamico71

Slumber Party consultant....
Ok...Here's my question...
Looking to stay next July/August. 12 people going.
BWV seems like the only place to sleep 12 in one room. Have stayed at VWL before many times. Which would make more sense and give me most room.
1-3BR at BWV.
2-2BR and studio at VWL. (are they on same floor)
3-2BR and 1Br at VWL. (are they near each other on the floors)

Any other suggestions out there. Three different generations going.

Please share any ideas with me. I appreciate it.

Between these 2 resorts yes BWV is the only one that sleeps 12. OKW though also has this option. What I would suggest is that you decide how comfortable you will be with 12 in one villa? Are you close friends, family? If you want some "space" I would suggest 3 villas (as it seems that you have 3 families since you said a 2br and a studio). The total of the 2 br and the studio would sleep 20. Do you really need this much space? Maybe you should get all studios or all 1 br's? I can't give much more without knowing the family sizes, sorry!

I've got a similar situation..... 10 people going together in December of this year...

Here are the options I worked out...

1) Get one 3BR at BWV..
2) Get a 2BR and a studio at BWV (Standard View)
3) Get a GV at OKW

What I finally opted for was to get the 2BR standard and Studio Standard at BWV for a couple reasons...

1) It was cheaper point wise than the 3BR at BWV.

2) It was cheaper than the GV at OKW.. I would have really liked to try the GV at OKW, but this is my parents and siblings first time to WDW since 1978... I wanted to get them closer to the action and to have the ability to walk to MGM and Epcot. (The GV's at OKW were cheaper than the 3BR's at BWV..)

3) Sometimes my BIL likes elbow room away from the rest of family. So giving him and my DS the studio away from everyone else suits them better.

Originally posted by FreeTime
[The total of the 2 br and the studio would sleep 20. Do you really need this much space? [/B]

I think the OP needs room for a party of 12, not 20. A GV would accomodate this, or any combination of 1 or 2 bedroom and studios.

If an enhanced degree of privacy is desired for any part of the party, a two bedroom for 8 and a studio for 4 would be the better option.

We have done 2 trips with 12 people, 3 generations.
Both were using a 2bd and a studio. Grandparents took the studio with the rest of us roughing it in the 2 bedroom :p

This gave the seniors some space and they avoided much of the mayhem that can occur with kids. It seemed to work out well.
We gave them keys to the room so they had access and still feel included in the festivities :eek:

Someday we would like to try a GV at BW or OKW.

BTW your sig has DWL as your DVC resort??????

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter