• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expensive breakfast at Coronado Springs!

PrincessKitty1

Epcot is my happy place.
DH and I will be staying at Coronado Springs for the first time this month. We are accustomed to inexpensive food court breakfasts and late night snacks after we come back from the parks but :scared1:. I just looked at our choices for breakfast and I was unimpressed with the choices and prices.

Eggs cooked to order for $10.25??Looks like we'll be bringing some snacks for the room like Cheerios, milk, cheese, crackers, etc.

I never thought I would be spoiled by the Values! :lmao: Please tell me what you think about Pepper Market and Maya Grill....do I need to bite the bullet and just try them out??

I can see having a problem with the prices, but I can't think why you would be unimpressed with the choices. They seem to have everything from continental breakfast type stuff (pastries, etc.) to cereal to eggs and bacon, etc? Waffles too. The only thing I don't see on the menu might be pancakes.

Maggie

Pepper Market is alright, its mainly good for the variety at lunch/dinner, we generally just eat cereal or get some asiago cheese bagels from panera for breakfast. I havn't heard anything good about Maya Grill, always bad stories about that place.

My husband won't stay at Corando Springs anymore beacuse of Pepper Market- the prices are much higher than any other food court on property and it took us forever to get a entree and sides because we had to go so many places. After the food charge there is a 10% service charge for them to refill drinks and clear the table.

I think they are higher- you can get a cheaper breakfast eating counter service in the parks or as you said bringing something with you.

Maya Grill is a nice breakfast buffet. IF you want a GOOD all you can eat breakfast it's fine. Can't help with food court comparisons as we never eat at those.

We are huge fans of the Pepper Market! In fact, we make it a must stop each trip.

Yes, the prices are a bit higher than at the other food courts, BUT the majority of the food is made fresh with you standing there ( omelets and waffles. ) That's not something you see at all food courts. There is also a wide variety of choices.

There is also a quick service shop next door to the Pepper Market that you can grab and go.

We stay at the CSR every trip. Yes, the Pepper Market is very high in their prices. A lot of this has to do with the fact that they are NOT owned by Disney and I think they cater to the convention crowd (they get their meals reimbursed in most instances). If you are on the dining plan, it shouldn't be a problem. If not, the portions are usually large enough to split between two people. Truthfully, we usually get breakfast at the new Cafe Rix and have one or two lunches at Pepper Market (and DH and I usually share our meal). The Cafe Rix has great selections. To avoid the 10% automatic gratuity, you can ask for a "to go" ticket and take your food either back to your room or sit at one of the lovely tables by the lake (which is what we do 95% of the time) to admire the beauty of the resort and ejoy the fresh air.

To avoid the 10% automatic gratuity, you can ask for a "to go" ticket and take your food either back to your room or sit at one of the lovely tables by the lake (which is what we do 95% of the time) to admire the beauty of the resort and ejoy the fresh air.

What a great suggestion. We have stayed CSR several times, and we really like the Pepper Market, and I really enjoy the view of the lake - BUT I never realized I could carry my food outside at the tables to enjoy the beauty.

I have always enjoyed the Maya Grill Breakfast Buffet (seems like I enjoyed a wonderful Brunch there once too?).

We normally stay at CSR, but always have the DDP so PM doesn't really hold that "price shock" factor for us. I guess because we aren't big breakfast eaters either - I normally pack a bunch of breakfast bars and poptarts to eat on the busses on our way to the park, or stop at the PM and use a snack credit on a danish to share since they're huge.

Thanks for all the responses. I'm happy to hear some good things about Pepper Market, and it sounds like we'll have to try it out for breakfast.

An all-you-can-eat breakfast (Maya Grill) is completely wasted on me--it takes a while for my stomach to wake up in the morning so my usual food court breakfast is a bowl of oatmeal and a banana or a chocolate croissant and grits. :)

What a great suggestion. We have stayed CSR several times, and we really like the Pepper Market, and I really enjoy the view of the lake - BUT I never realized I could carry my food outside at the tables to enjoy the beauty.

I have always enjoyed the Maya Grill Breakfast Buffet (seems like I enjoyed a wonderful Brunch there once too?).

We did the buffet once; I don't recall a brunch...maybe during the holidays? We're going to try it for dinner on our next trip. In seven stays, we've never had dinner at Maya Grill. It's been getting great reviews for food and so-so for service. But I think we'll still try it.

We normally stay at CSR, but always have the DDP so PM doesn't really hold that "price shock" factor for us. I guess because we aren't big breakfast eaters either - I normally pack a bunch of breakfast bars and poptarts to eat on the busses on our way to the park, or stop at the PM and use a snack credit on a danish to share since they're huge.

Yes, aren't those danish's huge. I could never eat a whole one...but DH sure can! :lmao:

We like the Pepper Market. I too am always on the dining plan, so it is a good way to use a counter service credit. I always found the food to be good(freshly made), and the portions for the adult meals are big.

The Pepper Market is a bit pricey, but as previous posters have mentioned, the variety is much better than most value resorts, and the food is pretty fresh (cooked to order).

We have gotten the breakfast to go (which means no extra 10 percent charge). The portions are usually pretty big, too, so a nice, full breakfast was usually plenty for my DH and I to split.

and never went to Pepper Market. We had heard such bad things and heard bad comments while we were there. Cafe Rix is great! We got fantastic breakfest muffins and pastries there and at night, got great gelato and cookies. They even have some hot items there for breakfast too.
Loved CSR and Cafe Rix!:thumbsup2

Here's a good news/bad news Pepper Market story.

We were there on New Year's Day a couple of years ago for what we hoped was a no-fuss lunch. I thought the food was good. However - you know that 10% service charge that gets tacked on? We didn't get any service of any sort. Nothing, nada. I wasn't expecting nor wanting much ... maybe just a drink refill or something.

So we finished up, and went to the cashier. I'm not one to complain, but I was bothered about a charge for something I didn't receive. So I called it to her attention, and she called a manager over.

I could see in his eyes he wasn't happy. "Where were you sitting?" he asked. I didn't want to get someone in trouble, and I paused.

"No, please," he said. "Where were you sitting?" I pointed to our table, and he and the cashier exchanged knowing glances.

Not only did he remove the 10% service charged, but he comped half of our bill. I thought that was very generous.

When I have stayed at CSR, we usually eat breakfast one time at Pepper Market. Mostly we get some thing from Rix Cafe. There are some nice items that you can eat quickly. Try that out.

Yes, the Values have great food courts; this is especially great since we have Tables in Wonderland and get 20% off!! The other hotels, except CSR, have food courts as well though not quite as large as the Values. CBR has a nice one as well as the Poly and WL (these 2 are somewhat more limited but do have basic choices)

We have also purchased bagels and donuts in the Gift shop as well as bringing cereal and snack bars!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter