Expedition Pins

diznycrazed

Mouseketeer
Hi, anyone going to the Expedition Pins Event at the Animal Kingdom in May? I was wondering if anyone knew the deadline for submitting the RSP?

Thanks!
Terry

I don't know how to close a post but I went onto Dizpins and found my answer...Mar 16th.

Terry

What kinds of things go on at this event. Where does this event take place in Animal Kingdom.

Hi, I'm prob not the best one too answer but I can tell you what I know. Let me preface this by saying I've never attended an AK event before, this will be my first. What I do know is that there is all day pin trading at the Coronado on May 3rd and then that evening we are taken to the AK for a private dinner and "surprises". The event has sold out but there is a wait list I believe. The limit on this one is 500 and the cost was $150. I'm honestly not sure yet what all we get as our free gifts but I am really looking forward to going. I went to the Sept 07 event but didn't get to do much trading as my DH and DS are not much into pin trading. This time I'm going with my best pin buddy friend so we are looking forward to doing some serious trading!

Terry

I heard you get a dinner. If the event is 730-1030 that doesn't give you much time. The Sept event was over 3 days. Can anyone get into C.S resort.
Do you need a ticket to get into Ak.

You MUST have a Expedition Pins ticket to attend the pin trading at C.S. during the day. I'm going minus family and I was told by Disney pin staff that they will not be allowed in the area without a pass.

I have had a chance to see (and touch!) most of the pins. They are WAY cool!! I don't know what any of the gift are, but I'm sure they'll be pretty neat. I'm really looking forward to this event.

It seems most of the new Lanyard series/Hidden Mickey pins are released at the events. Any word on whether or not this will be the case at this event?

Hi, just reading your post re the actual pins. I haven't submitted my RSP yet. I have to say I'm not really impressed with the pins from on-line viewing. I also didn't realize that CS is limited to those attending the event, makes sense of course! I would love to know from others who have attended AK events in the past what offerings there are the night of the dinner. According to the latest e-mail I got from Disney Events Services we were instructed to not bring any pins to the dinner as there would be no pin trading. Guess I'm wondering what goes on for 3 hours.

I'm still very excited about attending, hoping to make some new pin friends and see some old.

Terry

Anyone know or could guess what happens at pre-registration? Is it the same as registration? Thanks in advance from a 1st timer.

Pre-registration works exactly the same as regular registration (you just get some/all of your gifts early). We signed up for pre-registration since a group of us are going to do the Ft. Wilderness segway tour on Sat. morning. It'll be a busy day - segway tour, pin trading then the party.

Terry - normally dinner is served buffet style at least it was at the one party I attended (actually the first AK event). They usually have games of some kind, too. Between dinner, visiting, and games, the time will go very quickly.

Cyn

Thanks so much. I am so nervous or excited that I'm glad I can pre-register before the big day. I am glad to hear that the dinner on Saturday is a buffet. Now Disney has added a pin trading night on that same Friday! Wow! I hope I don't get overwhelmed. :cloud9:

Thank you very much Cyn, as a first timer for an AK event was curious, appreciate your reply.

Hey HarvardX, I hadn't seen the update about a Fri night official PTN so thanks for that piece of news as well!

It sounds like it is truly gonna be a great weekend!

Terry

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter