Expedition Everest

Scrappy_Tink

DIS Veteran
I'm embarrassed to admit, but with as many trips I've made to The World, I've NEVER been on Expedition Everest!! AK has always been a low priority for us (we always go during F & W)

So tell me...how does EE fare against, let's say RnR, SM, and BTMRR? Which is it more like? Does it have loops? Thanks!

We went in it for the first time today, and I would say its most like BTMRR if you're comparing them-but it was a lot of fun, I would absolutely recommend riding it!

We went in it for the first time today, and I would say its most like BTMRR if you're comparing them-but it was a lot of fun, I would absolutely recommend riding it!

Thanks!! I was hoping that it was more like that!! I can't stand the way my head whips around on Rock n Roller Coaster and Space Mountain!

Oh, we didn't have any of the head banging/whipping around problems at all. The backwards part is the best!! :)

I'm embarrassed to admit, but with as many trips I've made to The World, I've NEVER been on Expedition Everest!! AK has always been a low priority for us (we always go during F & W)

So tell me...how does EE fare against, let's say RnR, SM, and BTMRR? Which is it more like? Does it have loops? Thanks!

There are no inversions on EE, though some posters report the backwards portion makes them feel like it does.

AK was a low priority for us to until last time. We loved EE. I will do all the disney coasters, even though I don't enjoy some as much as others but this one is my favorite. It was more gentle that BTMRR in the sense that I wasn't thrown all over the car, but only slightly more intense (mainly the heading up towards the broken tracks since we were in the front row and then going backwards). This time around my children's must do is EE and are upset we are waiting for AK until our last day.

portocall said:
AK was a low priority for us to until last time. We loved EE. I will do all the disney coasters, even though I don't enjoy some as much as others but this one is my favorite. It was more gentle that BTMRR in the sense that I wasn't thrown all over the car, but only slightly more intense (mainly the heading up towards the broken tracks since we were in the front row and then going backwards). This time around my children's must do is EE and are upset we are waiting for AK until our last day.

I go to the animal kingdom early and often

I rode it for the first time last summer. I am not a big roller coaster person, but enjoyed EE. It was fast and smooth. The backwards part didn't bother me at all and the "big" drop was angled enough that it didn't FEEL like a big drop. After the drop, the ride felt kind of like the loop on Test Track to me,:rotfl2: It was a lot of fun and I think I went on it 3 more times that day.

Thanks!! I was hoping that it was more like that!! I can't stand the way my head whips around on Rock n Roller Coaster and Space Mountain!

Nothing like that, it's far more smooth compared to Rock 'n' Roller and Space Mountain which kills your back and neck (I find them really jerky).

EE and ToT are my two favorite rides in all of WDW. I love the take off on RnRC but cannot take the ride for the herky jerky-ness of it.

As far as AK, I enjoy it, but my family not so much. It is very spread out, so extra walking. When I can drag them in, we are sure to do the following:

EE
Dinosaur (it does jerk you some, but it is fun)
Bird Show
Safari
Eat at Flame Tree
Get an Egg Roll from the Yak n Yeti counter service, it is awesome.
And usually we walk through the Jungle Trek.
Festival of the Lion King is a great show, but if you've seen it once.....

If you have little ones, there is a great playground and petting zoo.

Finally, if you don't like being whipped around AVOID Primeval Whirl!!!:crazy2:

See, while it is a BIG park, for some reason I just font feel like the walks are that big of a deal.. I walk a heck of a lot more at epcot then AK, and IMO DHS is a lot of walking moreso then AK.. Heck, they are all a lot of walking. :rotfl2:

During the backward part I would suggest keeping your head all the way back against the seat. If not you could get a little banged around during that part. It is most like BTMR only smoother. It's a lot of fun! Wait to ride in the front at least once. :)

i would say its a bit more intense than BTMRR but less bumpy, very smooth the fear factor comes from three elements: the dark, going backward, and if you have a fear of heights when you are going up you may not want to look down. i loved the view but someone on my car was freaking out. as someone that has done everything from kiddie coasters to the tallest, fastest coaster on a scale of 1-10 (10 being terrifying), 1 being dumbo), i would rank it 3-4.

I have never been on it. I am planning it on our upcoming trip. I can do BTMR, no problem. I can do space mountain, but only once a trip. My children have talked me into riding EE this time saying you have to do it at least once, and that it is better than BTMR. I am so glad to hear someone else say that. You never know about kids...they keep telling me RNR is no big deal too, but I'm not buying that one. Thank you for the posts...now I feel a little less fearful. ;)

There are no inversions on EE, though some posters report the backwards portion makes them feel like it does.

I agree with this. The sensation of going backwards in the dark - if someone had told me that we were going upside down, I would have believed them. Similar to riding Tower of Terror...at times I can't tell if we're going up or down.

EE is my fave for different reasons......it is less traumatic to the body than RnR IMO......the change in directions is unique as far as my rollercoaster experiences go......and yes I thought we were inverted the first time we road it and came to find out it's a backewards "G" thing!! I like how you are tooling along and you go up only to find the tracks are separated and mangled and you have no where to go except back down - - backwards.......so the theme is top notch in my book!! Enjoy!!

I always thought EE, when it came to coasters, was it's own animal :rotfl:

But seriously, I HIGHLY recommend at least one ride all the way up front! The view is spectacular at the top.

It's my favorite WDW coaster. It's a bummer that it's in my least favorite park! It's just intense enough for me but doesn't have any huge drops that make your stomach drop. For me, it's perfect. :)

http://www.jamboeveryone.com/Blog/Entries/2012/10/2_Expedition_Everest,_Journey_for_the_Senses.html

That is our review

http://www.jamboeveryone.com/Gallery/Pages/Expedition_Everest.html

and our photo gallery

I am not a coaster lover. I love Big Thunder but will not do Rock and Roller Coaster but I ike Everest a lot. The queue is amazing

Thanks for sharing, it looks like fun!

Thanks everyone for your opinions, I'm really looking forward to this new (to me) ride!! :rotfl: :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter