• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest w/ Lights On

"lights on" "lights off"...whatever....tried to post somthing I found on YouTube that said "lights on" and you can see the backwards portion better than other videos...thought I'd share......wow! Tough Crowd. Thanks to the posters who were pleasant! Have a WONDERFUL day!!!:confused3

what do you mean tough crowd? I didn't read anything that was bad.

Thanks for posting this link! That's awesome.. I've never seen that!

I did an EE tour yesterday! We walked through the entire ride and inside the mountain with the lights on.. it was sweet. My group was the first to ride for the day and we did it without any sounds- kinda weird! The guide explained the whole background story and talked about the yeti "B mode" issues.

I don't like RR either can you explain why it was the worse for you?
I hate drops and anything upside down.
glynette

I actually kinda prefer it being dark/backwards... the less you know whats going on, the less scary to me. I'm afraid of coasters. This is probably the worst coaster i've been on.

Friends want me to go to Cedar Point... theres NO WAY ha

maybe the guy was using the night vision feature on his camera? just seems like the entire tunnels aren't light up, but you can see more than you normally can. not sure, but DH did this on the TTA last trip and it turned out pretty cool! click below to see.

If you click on the YouTube link, there is another video there, from the same guy (awinner?) that shows him riding in the front seat of Expedition Everest! Lights don't show up in the tunnel, but it is a better view of what's going on!
Can't wait to go back and ride in August!

Strange. No matter what I do, I can't see the article. Could someone tell me the jist of it please?

It's a story about a 44 yr old man who was found unconcious and nonresponsive at the end of an EE run. A nurse and Disney CM did CPR, but he was pronounced dead at Celebration Hospital. The article doesn't say what was ultimately found to be the cause of death.

I found another site that indicates that the man had a heart attack about 50 seconds prior to unloading. Article is here.

Maybe the better way to say that would be to say that everyone that gets on the ride, gets off after they have ridden. No one gets lost, falls out, etc. during the ride. That's how I think of it sometimes, especially the Tower of Terror!:scared1:

I had a dirty mind.

Hi all,

Indeed the lights are on for the backwards portion of the ride. Having had the chance to ride that 5x last oct, i can tell you it is really pitch black for the backwards portion of the ride on video and in real time.

I agree....the lights in the backwards tunnel are on.... Pretty cool video actually....:)

Thanks for sharing this. I've been on the ride, but my daughter wants to go and it's nice to be able to show her a better view of the backwards part so she can "see" what's going on in the dark. :thumbsup2

Maybe I'm missing something...I couldn't really see anything in the backwards part. It looked like there might have been can lights on, but other than that I don't feel enlightened.

Edit - Okay, looking again you can see some parts of the tunnel briefly. I don't think seeing the bumpy texture of the ceiling would get me over the fear of the dark tunnel if I had one though...oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter