Expedition Everest sponsored by Coke? :-)

Bstanley

DisNoid
Rohde, who headed the Disney creative team on the Expedition Everest project, said the ride will be a "fast, freezing" adventure. Although the coaster's top speed will be a relatively modest 55 mph, he said, the thrills will come when riders "fall fast in the darkness and the cold."

Hmm, a combination of Space Mountain + Tower of Terror + Ice Station Cool?

Don’t laugh too hard.

The rumors are saying the amount of “show” on this decorated roller coaster is going to depend 100% on finding a sponsor and how much they are willing to fork over.

Oh, I thought it was a high-speed adventure through the snow-capped mountain of Everest...

...presented by Cocaine.

Yeti gets replaced by cola drinking polar bear! "Duck, he's going to throw an emtpy at us!" Oooo Thrilling!

:( Personally, my wife and I wouldn't mind if pepsi would sponsor something and get their foot in the door somewhere in WDW. We don't care much for coke and always bring pepsi with us. Yea, I know it will never happen. But this is Disney, after all, and we can dream. :( :rolleyes:

Dr Pepper! My one complaint with Walt Disney World... no Dr Pepper! I always smuggle some in. :)

Personally, my wife and I wouldn't mind if pepsi would sponsor something and get their foot in the door somewhere in WDW.
Pepsi used to have a stronghold on Frontierland. I recall them sponsoring the Mile Long Bar (maybe Pecos Bills), and the Diamond Horseshoe Saloon. Something buried back in my consciense has the Pepsi and/or Fritos name on the Country Bear Jamboree. I believe I saw that somewhere in my park map collection. Or, have I just lost my mind?

Dr Pepper! My one complaint with Walt Disney World... no Dr Pepper! I always smuggle some in.

Ha! That's one of my boyfriend's main arguments against Disney World. I always argue back that our college doesn't sell Dr. Pepper anywhere on campus, and he has no problem going there!

I figure that one irrational reason deserves another. ;)

Something buried back in my consciense has the Pepsi and/or Fritos name on the Country Bear Jamboree. I believe I saw that somewhere in my park map collection. Or, have I just lost my mind?

There used to be a Frito stand in Disneyland when I was a little kid -- I remember always wanting frito chili pies from there. So maybe we're both crazy.

Yeeck, You are crazy. Here's an idea. For the Grand Opening of M:S, open up a frito chili pie stand just outside the ride que.

Pepsi was one of the long, long time Disney sponsors and used to sponsor more in the parks than Coca-Cola did.

But getting rid of Pepsi was one of the conditions that Coke set for their sponsorship of EPCOT Center. Disney management at the time figured that 'American Adventure' was more important than Casa de Fritos.

OK, so we're stuck with Coke but why are the choices so limited? Coke, Diet Coke or Sprite is usually all there is and it definitely limits the number of overpriced drinks we buy.

Originally posted by Planogirl
OK, so we're stuck with Coke but why are the choices so limited?

Less hassle for Disney. You are a captive audience when your there. You’re going to buy a drink regardless so why even worry about carrying Caffeine Free Diet Cherry Lemmon Coke. I'm sure it's more profitable that way.

:confused: I seem to recall they also had caffene free diet coke in a number of places at Disney, but now the only place I've seen it is at American adventure in world showcase. Anybody see it anyplace else? :confused:

I was once told by a CM that the reason the parks do not serve Dr. Pepper is because the entire state of Florida does not serve Dr. Pepper!! I guess it's just a regional thing and instead Florida serves alternate drinks such as Mr. Pibb. Can anyone else confirm this?

Alyssa :earsgirl:

Originally posted by EUROPA
Less hassle for Disney. You are a captive audience when your there. You’re going to buy a drink regardless so why even worry about carrying Caffeine Free Diet Cherry Lemmon Coke. I'm sure it's more profitable that way.
Actually we don't. I don't dislike the water like so many other people do so I drink more of it. Good for me, bad for Disney.

I would appreciate something caffeine free too but it's a minor thing.

I can confirm the Mr. Pibb deal...

I was mixing up a "suicide" at a soda fountain in Orlando International, and I couldn't find ANY Dr. Pepper. They did have plenty of Mr. Pibb...

Mr. Pibb reminds me of that one "Simpsons" episode where Bart and Lisa are taken care of by Patty and Selma. One of them mentions Mr. Pibb as one of 2 drink options...since that's all they have.

O/T, but still...

Sincerely,

John "anotherboardnposter" Kilduff

I was once told by a CM that the reason the parks do not serve Dr. Pepper is because the entire state of Florida does not serve Dr. Pepper!!

What? That's ridiculous -- I've had DP plenty of times in Florida. I wouldn't have been able to get through my college program without it!

:D Dr Pepper is most positively available here in Florida. It can be had at Pizza hut, Taco Bell, and a lot of convenience stores. It depends on where you are. :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter