• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest Preview - Who's Going?

chrome64

Imagineer at Heart
I posted this on the DVC message board as well, But I would like to hear from other annual pass holders as well!

My husband and I have decided to leave on Friday Jan. 27 at 6:00pm and we are going to drive all night long. We will get to Disney around 6:00am on Jan. 28 and then we are hoping to sleep a few hours before the parks open. Then we are going to go ride Everest as many times as they will let us. We are staying that night and then we are leaving bright and early the next morning to drive home. It's about a 12 hour drive one way.

Do you think we are crazy?

Who else is as crazy as we are?

For those of you who have done previews before, should we expect to wait inline all day or are the rides walk on?

Do they only let each DVC member ride once? If so, we are also annual pass holders so, does that mean that we get to ride once for each (AP & DVC)?

If you plan on making a trip just to ride Everest, I would love to hear your story!!

See you all there!
Jana

well we are going to be there..for that and for my sons birthday...we are leaving on the 26th..flying..i cant drive that distance with two kids..and stay till the 30th..our kids have no idea we are going and we arent going to tell them until we get to the airport....so we plan to go and ride everest on the 26th if possible....

I would expect the EE preview to be pretty heavy - but, at the Soarin' preview, we rode 3 times in a couple of hours, all walkons, no restrictions.

The Asia preview a few years back wasn't crowded to get on KRR. Stitch preview was a walkon - could've gone back as many times as we wanted - if we'd had the stomach for it.

We are going. My DD & her friends are also going, but they had already planned a trip as a Bachlorette Party. With the EE Preview it is just a special added thing to do. Plus it is DD's 19th birthday.

DH & I got a great rate at Pop for the weekend with the new Passholder Benefit rates.

Can't wait. :cool1: :cool1:

I wish we were going. Can you all please report here as soon as possible about the ride. Especially the Yeti, my DD9 is waiting to hear about the Yeti encounter to determine whether she will ride this or not. Thnaks and have a great time.

We will be there on Thursday morning. I can't wait. We have had this trip planned for many months and it just worked out.

DH and I are going too! We weren't planning on visiting WDW before our cruise (Wonder, Jan. 29), but when I heard about the AP Preview I knew we had to leave earlier (around 12:00 pm) than the original time (7:00 pm) we had planned on Friday, Jan. 27, so we can get there in time on the 28th to experience EE! The changing of the BRP back to the old way was just in time! We got ASMU for $49 + tax for that night - Jan. 28. I can't wait! DH isn't a rollercoaster rider, so he will make me ride first without him and report back to see if it's something he will try! lol :rotfl: :teeth:

I will be there, too! I already had a trip planned with my best friend, Jan. 22-31. :hyper2:

I had read it was scheduled to open in April...didn't think we had a chance at soft openings, let alone a scheduled preview weekend! I was SO happy when I got the e-mail for Passholders! :cool1:

I hope it doesn't increase the crowds TOO much... :crowded:

:rotfl:

I had decided that we just could not afford to make this trip, but then I ound round trip via Continental for less than $170.00 :confused3 how could I not jump at that? We are flying in on the 25th, my only concern now is how early I can get my wife up on the 26th so we can get to AK early enough to be on the first train out of the station.

THESCHULTZFIVE said:
I wish we were going. Can you all please report here as soon as possible about the ride. Especially the Yeti, my DD9 is waiting to hear about the Yeti encounter to determine whether she will ride this or not. Thnaks and have a great time.
Me too! I can't wait to hear about this ride! :cool1:

:wave2:

Won't be riding until the 29th though. Maybe everyone else will be finished by then. Going out to AK first thing and see how many times they'll let me ride it.

My flight was $90 rt on Southwest, and I had DVC holding points to use for the weekend, how could I not go?

DH & DS16 will be leaving Fri night & leaving early Monday
they will be riding Saturday morning--
We are re-modeling, so I am sitting this one out! :sad: Hey, but I want a kitchen :teeth:
DS will be celebrating his 17th birthday also! :bday: :cake:
DS should be wearing his Dive Quest shirt & the, inevitible :goodvibes , Red Sox cap, please say Happy Birthday if you see him :goodvibes
Karen, TLinden16, is celebrating her birthday, also. It's quite possible she will be sporting a 'bucket' drink. Don't be shy, Please say, 'Whoooooo Happy Birthday!" :banana: :bday: :cake:

Have a super time everyone! :thewave: :rockband: :thewave:
Jean

jonestavern said:
DH & DS16 will be leaving Fri night & leaving early Monday
they will be riding Saturday morning--
We are re-modeling, so I am sitting this one out! :sad: Hey, but I want a kitchen :teeth:
DS will be celebrating his 17th birthday also! :bday: :cake:
DS should be wearing his Dive Quest shirt & the, inevitible :goodvibes , Red Sox cap, please say Happy Birthday if you see him :goodvibes
Karen, TLinden16, is celebrating her birthday, also. It's quite possible she will be sporting a 'bucket' drink. Don't be shy, Please say, 'Whoooooo Happy Birthday!" :banana: :bday: :cake:

Have a super time everyone! :thewave: :rockband: :thewave:
Jean

I will keep an eye out for them and say Hello if I see them!!

Announced today!
The AK Cast members will get a preview this coming Tuesday (day time) and Wednesday (evening)

I work there and am allowed to attend HOWEVER - I cannot go either time as I will be tied up working my other jobs teaching music lessons. UGH. :(

The AK managers have already had their preview(confirmed)...next is AK staff/cast (17/18)....then WDW cast/families(TBA)....then the DVC/AP groups(later this month)....then "soft" opening public....(TBA)

I am not thrilled with the notion that I won't be able to enjoy the privilege of riding it sooner than most.....UGH UGH UGH!

Hopefully I will be going next weekend as cast previews have been announced for Jan 20-23!! I have to admit that I do not like roller coasters....the drops are what bother me, so I might make DH ride first!

We arrive late on 1/28 and I'm the only one w/annual pass; two have never been to Disney before and we have Keys to Kingdom tour on 1/29 and 6 pm dinner at LeCellier. I am going to try and save enough energy to run to AK to do EE between Keys and LeCellier, but am very worried that I won't have enough time to ride EE. Keep your fingers crossed for me ... I'm from South Dakota and don't get to see the Mouse that often. I'm old, but still adventurous enough to give it a try!

Toadi said:
We arrive late on 1/28 and I'm the only one w/annual pass; two have never been to Disney before and we have Keys to Kingdom tour on 1/29 and 6 pm dinner at LeCellier. I am going to try and save enough energy to run to AK to do EE between Keys and LeCellier, but am very worried that I won't have enough time to ride EE. Keep your fingers crossed for me ... I'm from South Dakota and don't get to see the Mouse that often. I'm old, but still adventurous enough to give it a try!

You should be able to bring up to 3 guests with you to ride. So if your other party members are interested maybe you can work it into the schedule!! Good Luck, Hope to see you there!

They will be shooting a commercial of EE Monday morning (1/16) and Wednesday (1/18) from 9am to 4pm. DD was asked to be an extra, but she turned it down. She tends to get sick on rollercoasters. She was told she'd have to ride it 4 to 5 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter