Expedition Everest Line

Luv0fDisney

DIS Veteran
So my friend shows me this youtube video of the Expedition Everest Fastpass+ line so long it goes by Finding Nemo!

Expedition Everest Line Line

That video was taken this month on the 13th
Can anyone tell me why it was like that or if it is still like that these days?

So my friend shows me this youtube video of the Expedition Everest Fastpass+ line so long it goes by Finding Nemo!

The new FP+ system is creating long lines at all of the rides, both FP lines and Standby lines. There's a variety of reasons for this. However, people claim it only backs up before the first scanner and that, once you get past that, it moves quickly. We shall see. All I know is that FP lines NEVER were that long at EE during any of my past 7 visits to WDW. Not even close.

This is simply unacceptable. How can WDW claim this is the supposedly "fast" line???? Even if it moves well, that line looked like an easy 20-25 minute wait, and possibly longer, since you're only seeing the outside portion of the line. No one should have to wait that long in what is termed a Fast Pass line.

Whoever dreamt up the new FP+ system, and decided to market it to anyone and everyone, needs to have their head on the chopping block at Disney.

Oh dear Lord. That is the most insane thing I have ever seen. A little backup before the first scanner is to be expected, but that line is just crazy!

That's intense! It's going to be interesting coming up with a touring plan this year. Pretty sure our group will opt out of using FT+.

You can hear a kid say "That's the line?! I thought we fastpassed this!". I saw what I thought were crazy lines in late Feb, but nothing like this!

That's just insane!

The more I see things like this, the more I think a peak trip in 2015 just won't be doable. It's really sad!

This is very very discouraging. I am trying to be positive about the new system because I have not yet experienced it, but posts like this are not inspiring confidence in me.

I keep seeing pictures and reading about these lines and every time someone posts more evidence of what I deem to be unacceptable lines for FP, someone will come on and post that the lines moved really quickly. I watched the video posted by the OP. Until near the end of the very end, that line did NOT move.

FASTpass? Seriously? Yeah right.

We experienced the fast-moving FP+ lines on our last trip. We're going back on 4/26, and I'm very curious to see if/how the lines have changed. What I am certain of is that NONE of the lines we saw were like the one in the video! :worried:

Honestly, I'm very interested to know if ALL of those people in-line are actually within their FP+ window or not. On our last visit, we encountered a lot of people standing in the FP+ line, only to find out that they were only waiting for their FP+ window to open. I think this causes an unintentional back-up outside of the FP+ line, because the people who are within their FP+ window (and should be able to walk right into the FP+ line) are now waiting for the people who are early to get out of the way. This would be alleviated if everyone would wait until their FP+ return window opens up BEFORE getting in line... but I don't think that's what's happening, based on my experiences a couple of weeks ago. We'll see...

Am I making sense here? LOL I haven't had coffee yet! :surfweb:

We experienced the fast-moving FP+ lines on our last trip. We're going back on 4/26, and I'm very curious to see if/how the lines have changed. What I am certain of is that NONE of the lines we saw were like the one in the video! :worried:

Honestly, I'm very interested to know if ALL of those people in-line are actually within their FP+ window or not. On our last visit, we encountered a lot of people standing in the FP+ line, only to find out that they were only waiting for their FP+ window to open. I think this causes an unintentional back-up outside of the FP+ line, because the people who are within their FP+ window (and should be able to walk right into the FP+ line) are now waiting for the people who are early to get out of the way. This would be alleviated if everyone would wait until their FP+ return window opens up BEFORE getting in line... but I don't think that's what's happening, based on my experiences a couple of weeks ago. We'll see...

Am I making sense here? LOL I haven't had coffee yet! :surfweb:

You are making perfect sense :)

I hope my post didn't come across as discrediting anyone who has reported that they didn't wait. I just feel that we are seeing both and trying to figure out what is actual and what is perception based on the range of reports. My goal in this is to adjust our expectations (and plans if necessary) to cope with whatever the situation may be. Three of those lines in a day would be seen by me as a serious waste of time considering how much I dislike having to pre schedule our rides. Hope that makes sense. I've had my coffee but I need LOTS to get going!

One plus about the old system was the ability of the CM at the entrance to the FP line to check and turn you away at a glance of your FP if you were too early. Without a visible time unless the band is first scanned, there is no way of controlling this now.

You are making perfect sense :)

I hope my post didn't come across as discrediting anyone who has reported that they didn't wait. I just feel that we are seeing both and trying to figure out what is actual and what is perception based on the range of reports. My goal in this is to adjust our expectations (and plans if necessary) to cope with whatever the situation may be. Three of those lines in a day would be seen by me as a serious waste of time considering how much I dislike having to pre schedule our rides. Hope that makes sense. I've had my coffee but I need LOTS to get going!

Thank you, and your post was just fine! :goodvibes

I completely agree with you - even though we had a really good experience, it's very obvious that there is SOMETHING going on with that line, and it doesn't look good! I hope that whatever it is, it's a simple fix!

Ok even I will admit that this is insanity. I have been on this ride with FP+ many times and I haven't seen it like that.

The problem is the choke point of the initial scan location. The FP+ queue line inside of that point is actually quite long, so they need to get people into there quicker.

I think Disney really needs to rethink its double-scan entry points. It's really holding everything up there. I don't know what the solution would be, but the initial scan is causing this.

We went in January and all the FP+ lines were short and smooth. I think the longest I waited was 20 minutes for Soarin. But, we were there, in Disney, during one of their least crowded times too.

I can confirm that the FP+ return line that we got into at EE on 2/15 did indeed cross the bridge and began at the Nemo theater entrance. There was a CM there with a sign that read: "FP+ Return Line" and that person kept moving back further and further as the line grew. The CM was necessary because people with FPs simply could not believe that this was really the line. The "good news" is that it took only 23 minutes to get from the end of that line to the ride boarding area. Yeah!!

I was at EE on the 6th of this month and had no problems with long FP+ lines. We were in and out very fast with pretty much all of our FP+ rides. Maybe the ride broke down?

The longest we waited in a FP line was probably 15 mins and that was for Soarin...not bad for us at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter