• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest for roller coaster chickens

amylovesdisney

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/" targ
I held the backpacks last year while DD & DS rode EE several times in a row last year. I did ride Splash Mountain, Space Mountain & Thunder Mountain railroad last year but as a rule, I am the biggest roller coaster chicken in our entire family.

After much reading here on the board and listening to my kiddos, I thought I would try EE this time around. OMG! :scared1:

We had to buy the photo because it was absolutely hilarious with our hair standing straight up and my mouth wide open. I screamed so much that my voice was hoarse for the following 2 hours.

But, I survived and my kids think I am a very cool mom.

After all, the family experience is what it's all about. Right? :scared:

(I did tell the kids to enjoy it because that is the last time I would be riding it. DH laughed so hard. Pretty fun moment.)

I promise they will talk about that for years!

any chance you would be willing to post it?

I held the backpacks last year while DD & DS rode EE several times in a row last year. I did ride Splash Mountain, Space Mountain & Thunder Mountain railroad last year but as a rule, I am the biggest roller coaster chicken in our entire family.

After much reading here on the board and listening to my kiddos, I thought I would try EE this time around. OMG! :scared1:

We had to buy the photo because it was absolutely hilarious with our hair standing straight up and my mouth wide open. I screamed so much that my voice was hoarse for the following 2 hours.

But, I survived and my kids think I am a very cool mom.

After all, the family experience is what it's all about. Right? :scared:

(I did tell the kids to enjoy it because that is the last time I would be riding it. DH laughed so hard. Pretty fun moment.)

I love this, I am taking three boys in 6 weeks. I hope I will be brave enough to ride the rides like EE. I rode Space mountain back in '92, way before I had kids and screamed the whole ride. :cool2: I want to be the cool mom to.

I too want to remain a cool mom! I am usually the first one to jump on a rollercoaster but for some reason, I am nervous about our upcoming trip!! Just so you know I rode Kraken at Seaworld 10 times the day it opened!!:goodvibes So what can you compare EE to, ride wise?

Tam

I'm kinda a roller coaster chicken too! Tell me about the ride...what was scary about it? Were there major drops? Please advise!

I would compare it to Space Mountain but not in the dark and not nearly as rough.

I think it was scariest because you are going from inside the mountain to outside. Sadly, my eyes don't adjust to light changes like they did when I was younger!! It was kinda like light-dark-light in seconds.

The drops don't get to me as much as the turns which felt really like you were totally on your side. More tilted than I've felt before.

Going backwards freaked me out as I've never done that before.

I finally shut my eyes and missed the Yeti! I saw the projection on the screen but not the real guy.

My legs were actually wobbly when I got off the ride. DD & I were waiting in line to purchase the photo and I told her it was kind of a rip since you only get that little projection image and she said, "Mom, how could you have missed that thing?! He was there." I confessed I finally shut my eyes to get through the ride.

It was easier to pray that way and imagine standing at the pearly gates of Heaven!

I am a ride chicken too. I made my DH go on and tell me how it was becuase he would know if I could "handle" it. He came off and said...You have GOT to on that now! If you can handle the other mountains you'll be fine.

Last time I rode EE I timed it just right to face the camera and make a ridiculous face/gesture. It's the perfect photo b/c I'm going crazy and my girlfriend is looking ahead petrified. If I ever scan it, I'll make it my avatar for sure. I basically became obsessed last trip trying to find where they snap the photos on E-Ticket rides. Test Track took about 3 rides to figure it out.

Love EE, perfect coaster in my opinion. Exciting but you don't feel like you will die any second.

To the person who asked about the drops..there is one main drop that you can see...IMO, it's not bad. It's about 80 feet, but it's banked at the end. This makes it not so bad on your stomach. I never find the backwards part bad at all, so I'm not a good person to ask about that.

My 63 year old dad rode EE twice last trip and wanted to go a third time..I was the one who backed out of ride #3 that time...my stomach was touchy that day:lmao: .

I found that watching the ride videos on Youtube helped a lot...I knew what to expect and could gauge whether the ride was doable or not.

I hate drops with a passion (just rode Splash for the second time in 20 years last July) and I can totally handle the one big drop on EE because it is banked.

I won't ride any coaster except a Disney coaster, and I loved this ride. Just rode it again in January and did it at night. It was a whole new experience and so awesome.

I'm going to have to skip EE. I went on Soarin' yesterday, and had to close my eyes through about 25% of it (I get motion sick but had taken Dramamine, but I'm also deathly afraid of heights). Even with the dramamine in my system and a basically empty stomach, my tummy felt funny at points during Soarin'.

I just watched you tube video of EE...yikes! I would love to be a cool mom too, but if I lose my lunch that would be so much more uncool that just holding everyone's stuff. :rotfl:

Awesome...I love it when people try something new!! My mom rode every ride in WDW a couple years ago (even RNRC) even though she is afraid of roller coasters. Even thoughshe was really scared sometimes, and probably won't go back on a few of them, I know she's glad she at least tried the once.

Last year I somehow convinced my chicken husband to ride with me and our six-year-old daughter. He was carrying her princess backpack and to keep it secure strapped it across his chest (princesses faced out). He had his eyes shut the entire time. Needless to say the ride photos were pretty hilarious. I saw a group of teenage girls pointing to his photo and laughing. I wish I had bought it.

the first time I rode was with my then 10 year old...and he still tells people "mom,screamed like a girl the whole time" :rotfl:

The first year we went to Disney I didn't do any of the "Extra Thrill" rides(that's what I call them). I was too much of a chicken. When we went in Dec 2008 I decided I was going to "woman up" and try some of the ones I was freaked about. (TOT, R&R, EE) Never again for TOT and EE! TOT was 3 ups and downs! My butt came out of the seat and I couldn't believe that I was only being held there by a lap strap. EE, just try to picture a 35 year old woman screaming her head off with her eyes squeezed shut trying to grab onto the bars with knit gloves (It was cold out that morning and I had on those stretch knit gloves).

I want to try it but just can't bring myself to do it!! :eek:
I love Space mountain and Thunder mountain. It don't have that "losing my stomach"
feeling. :upsidedow

I don't like TOT and Splash Mountain:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
I have tried them when I was younger :scared:

I went to Disney in Dec 2008 with my DD & her future husband. My husband couldn't go. So I rode so rides that he can't ride because of a health issue.

So I rode for the first Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Railroad, Test Track. I don't do roller coasters, boats or water rides. These 3 I will ride again. Not bad at all.

However Expedition Everest. No way. Not going on that ride ever again. I was physically shaken when I got off of there. I had to sit down for awhile until I stopped shaking. If I think about it (like now) I still get that feeling.

Only way I'll ever go on that again is if someone has tied me and up and knocked me out.

Side, daughter & boyfriend loves it.

Congrats on trying it! I think it's the best coaster at WDW. It's smooth, fast, a nice drop, and never feels "out of control" to me. I've never noticed any weightless feeling like parts of BTMRR, and none of the pain in my knees and side from the jerkiness of SM. In many ways, it's like a fast version of Splash (to me).

P.S. I was at AK for rope drop this past Sunday, went straight to EE, rode it 5 times in 90 minutes :cool:, and would've kept going if not for the single rider line getting to 20+ minute waits (darn groups of 5-10 kids). :sad: And yes, I was a coaster FREAK when I was younger, and with Dramamine, hope to be that way forever. :woohoo:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter