• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest Closure?

MJMezenCox

Earning My Ears
I heard that Expedition Everest was closed sometime during today and a CM said it was closed indefinitely. I am looking to see if there is any truth to this. Was anyone present for this or has any knowledge of this?

It might have shut down today due to a technical difficulty but it's not shut down past today at least not from anything I've seen.

People use the word indefinitely too often in general. I get that they need to say something because they don't know when the ride will be open again but when saying indefinitely people start to get panicked thinking it means forever. Temporary closure is much better than saying indefinitely.

The definition of indefinitely is "we don't know how long". Not Disney's fault if people interpret that as "a really long time".

The definition of indefinitely is "we don't know how long". Not Disney's fault if people interpret that as "a really long time".
Yes that is more or less the dictionary defintion but when you say in this context a ride is closed indefinitely many people think forever as in never re-opening...

Also this issue isn't at all only related to Disney. 1 1/2 months ago one of the two branches of a privately funded library system in my area had a water main break underneath it causing a significant damage to the building. They put a sign on the other branch saying the damaged one was closed indefinitely....boy oh boy you should have seen the backlash for that. Instead of a "closed for repairs until further notice" sign sooooooo many people thought they were never re-opening that branch. They had to do a lot of media PR to get back into people's graces.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter