Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 - EEC 2015

This is the most encouraging clue I've seen about the EEC running in 2015 - the WDW page shows it as a special event at this link -> https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/animal-kingdom/expedition-everest-challenge/#

The Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 is still not showing up on runDisney's main page (www.rundisney.com), which for some reason still shows last year's EEC dates, but also shows the Tinker Bell Half Marathon on May 7-10, 2015 as well as the Disneyland Half Marathon on September 4-6, 2015, which are both after the date posted for the EEC at the WDW page above.

I'll be reassured when both sites get on the same page.

The Expedition Everest Challenge 2015 is still not showing up on runDisney's main page (www.rundisney.com), which for some reason still shows last year's EEC dates, but also shows the Tinker Bell Half Marathon on May 7-10, 2015 as well as the Disneyland Half Marathon on September 4-6, 2015, which are both after the date posted for the EEC at the WDW page above.

I'll be reassured when both sites get on the same page.

Agreed - they've announced later races sooner (just like they held off on showing the Star Wars medals which was also driving me batty :headache:). Until I see it on the RunDisney page I'm holding my breath.

Following this page. Cant wait to register in December. It'll b me and our DS12. We've been training for a month now and this will b our first race. Any pointers would b great.

Run disney website has updated and the events drop down now shows next years date for Everest. Everest page is not updated yet but the drop down is.

Hi Everyone,

I sent an email to RunDisney a few days ago when the dates for the 2015 EEC had been listed on the WDW page but not the RunDisney page. I received an automated response from RunDisney yesterday which had the following information:

Thank you for contacting the runDisney team. This is an automatic response.
Please allow 4-6 business days for a response to your email, as we are supporting the Disney Wine and Dine Half Marathon and the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon. Our office hours are Monday-Friday 9:00 AM - 5:30 PM Eastern Time. For the latest information on runDisney events, please visit www.rundisney.com or read our Frequently Asked Questions.
UPCOMING REGISTRATIONS
2015 Expedition Everest Challenge Weekend
Orlando, FL
May 1-2, 2015
Registration will open December 14, 2014.

I heard previously that registration was going to open on December 16, so this seems like new information. If I get more than an automated response, I'll post it here.

Rhett

Could someone tell me the price of the discounted park tickets for this race? My husband and I are trying to figure out a budget for our trip.

Does anyone know if this will be an anniversary year for this race? I know that they do special medals in 5-year increments and I am just curious. Also, for those that have done this race more than once, has the medal always been a compass? My DD9 is so intrigued by the compass medal and it is really the main reason she wants to do this race.

I got a second reply from Rundisney yesterday with different information about registration. This one said:

Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2015 Expedition
Everest Challenge. The event will take place May 1-2, 2015, and
registration will open December 16, 2014 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time.

I think I'll check on the 14th AND the 16th.

I got a second reply from Rundisney yesterday with different information about registration. This one said:

Thank you for your interest in participating in the 2015 Expedition
Everest Challenge. The event will take place May 1-2, 2015, and
registration will open December 16, 2014 at 12:00 PM Eastern Time.

I think I'll check on the 14th AND the 16th.

The 14th may be early registration for Annual passholders.

The 14th is probably just a typo -- a recurring issue with many runDisney documents. Their schedule released on Facebook following TOT had the 16th listed and that would conform to their usual registration day of a Tuesday (the 14th is on Sunday). With respect to early registration for APs and DVC members, they've typically opened those up a week prior to the public registration date, so if you are one of those I'd probably bookmark the 9th as a day to watch.

Does anyone know if this will be an anniversary year for this race? I know that they do special medals in 5-year increments and I am just curious. Also, for those that have done this race more than once, has the medal always been a compass? My DD9 is so intrigued by the compass medal and it is really the main reason she wants to do this race.

2015 will be the 8th EEC. Yes, they have always done a compass, even on the 5-year anniversary. No reason to think they'll switch it up now, but you never know.

2015 will be the 8th EEC. Yes, they have always done a compass, even on the 5-year anniversary. No reason to think they'll switch it up now, but you never know.

Thank goodness! I know it isn't official until it is released, but at least I know that it has always been a compass for the past 7 years.

I just read that DVC members and AP holders can sign up for the race starting on December 2nd. Can't wait. :banana:

I just read that DVC members and AP holders can sign up for the race starting on December 2nd. Can't wait.

Where did you see this?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter