Expedition Everest - AK

This ride looked great in September :) Cant wait to ride it :)

it doesn't look steep in that picture, but when we were there in september that hill looked mighty steep...

i would like to ride it, but unfortunately, fun rides like that are off limits to me now....i'll have to live vicariously through DS and DH....

disneyholic family said:
it doesn't look steep in that picture, but when we were there in september that hill looked mighty steep...

ihat are off limits to me now....i'll have to live vicariously through DS and DH....

ooooooh, it looked steep enough to me in the picture. Yikes!

Looks like Big Thunder Mountain with attitude (and altitude!).

Heres a couple of pics we took of the ride in September.

DSCF2304600x451.jpg

DSCF2301600x451.jpg

Looks like an awesome ride :)

Ive picked up from a few coaster related websites that the ride has already had some human testers, some Disney imagineers and a few from Vekoma who I believe are doing the build & design (Same people as Thunder Mountain and Space Mountain at Paris).

The Yeti is currently being installed into the mountain but this is expected to take until Christmas before it is in and fully working. It will be Disney's largest and most complicated animatronic ever built.

Final tweaks are currently being done to the ride systems and internal props are being added to complete the inside of the mountain.

Now here's the interesting bit....... Limited previews of the ride are likely to start in mid to late January with cast member previews and some very random guest previews. Expect a fairly decent soft opening from mid Feb onwards with the ride's official launch I believe slated for April 20th.

So for any of you visiting mid January onwards, a preview might await!

They might do somthing like they did with sorrin....They gave previews to D.V.C members .....But i think it was the week before it officaly oppenend....
Paulh
Added ...... so Patdavies can read post

Too big and scary for me I'm afraid but it looks great!

We were there last week and they were testing this ride just the empty carraiges going round the track looks awesome though.

Tracy

Oooh I thought I'd be able to ride this but it looks a bit steep now!!

Whether I ride it or not it is nice to see new attractions being added - the more the better.

OMG I may have to think about that one i am scared stiff of heights get a nose bleed standing on a chair! I love thunder mountain though will have to get DD and DH to do a test run first

I really want to have a go on this one just so I can see what it's like, so may try and pluck up the courage!

it looks great to me :Pinkbounc wish i was going back so i could ride it :guilty:
does anyone know what the height restrictions will be ??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter