• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedition Everest 2015?

kermit116

"Here you leave today and enter the world of yeste
I saw something on Twitter the other day from some folks who were at the ToT expo alluding to the return the Expedition Everest event in 2015. Obviously this is just rumor right now, but I'm wondering if anyone heard any tips at the ToT Expo last weekend?

I'm actually asking for more than just idle curiosity. I have a plane ticket I was supposed to use to go to Orlando next week, but unfortunately I've had to cancel my trip. The airline will allow me to change the date for another date in the next 10 months no charge, and I'd love to try to get it moved to the EE date if there are plans to hold that race again. And if not I can just take a weekend trip, but at least I'd like to get the ticket moved to the potential EE dates.

I saw the runDisney 2015 calendar and EE was on it for May 1-2, 2015. The website hasn't been updated so I'm just going to say that's heresay until something more official comes along.

I saw the runDisney 2015 calendar and EE was on it for May 1-2, 2015. The website hasn't been updated so I'm just going to say that's heresay until something more official comes along.

Thanks!

I think it said that you can start registering mid-December. The 15th or 16th, maybe.

My daughter and I plan to do this run too. The thing I saw says registration is on December 16th. I hope there is a DVC discount.

If you go to the runDisney Facebook page you can see the Event Calendar they released just after TOT weekend which includes Expedition Everest for May 1-2, 2015. It's listed as going on sale December 16, 2014, so early registration for DVC members and APs will likely open at noon ET on December 9th.

Based on how sales have been going for races of late and that it looks like the EEC could be at least temporarily suspended for 2016 based on that same Events Calendar, I'd set some reminders to register ASAP on either of those days if you're really interested in running it for 2015.

My daughter and her family are talking about doing this next year. Since there are 4 of them, if I go I would be alone. Here are some questions:
1. Can I run as an individual and how difficult would that be?
2. I am somewhat Pooh sized and only walk. Right now I'm at a 20 min mile but working on it. Would I physically be able to do it? Especially the obstacles?

Thanks

My daughter and her family are talking about doing this next year. Since there are 4 of them, if I go I would be alone. Here are some questions:
1. Can I run as an individual and how difficult would that be?
2. I am somewhat Pooh sized and only walk. Right now I'm at a 20 min mile but working on it. Would I physically be able to do it? Especially the obstacles?

Thanks

Yes you can do it alone. My brother and I registered as singles but ran together, you will get your own set of clues unlike the teams where they get one set for the 2 of them. We had different signs to go to though at the clue points so split up then. Clues were tricky I thought.

They say you have to run the 16min/mile pace, not sure how lenient they are since it's a 5k plus the scavenger hunt, so really like 5 miles total. The obstacles are fairly easy, tires, hay bales, and a net to crawl under. You could go around them I think. I say you could do it if you start training now for it to try to get that mile pace to the 16. I pretty sure some people do walk it all.

It is a lot of fun!

We'll be getting in around 5pm on Friday... can you pick up the packet Saturday morning or does it HAVE to be Friday?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter