• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedia "Summer Rates" For WDW Resorts!

Can I still use the Magical Express if I book through Expedia? They do have the room I want, but I need transportation from the airport!
Thanks!
Jana

Yes, Expedia gives you vouchers to print and you go into a section of Expedia's website to confirm the times you'll need to be picked up and dropped off.

hi there.
can someone provide directions on how to get to the WDW resorts and seeing these new rates..... I cannot even seem to reach the resorts from
expedia ....... please help ...

thanks !

To the OP of this thread - THANK YOU!!!:thanks:

I could not get ANYTHING to work out for me by calling CRO...now I've got WL for the EXACT DATES I wanted for $140.00 per night.

I love these boards!!!!!!:thumbsup2

Ok, so you have to pay up front, here is the cancellation policy.

My check in date is August 2

Cancellations and changes
Cancellations or changes made before 12:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada)) on 7/28/2007 are subject to a $25.00 penalty.
Cancellations or changes made after 12:00 PM (Eastern Daylight Time (US & Canada)) on 7/28/2007 are subject to a 1 Night Room & Tax penalty.
Cancellations or changes made after check-in on 8/2/2007 are subject to a 100% penalty.

Hello everyone!

Just noticed that Expedia has all WDW resorts at a special rate this summer!

Values at 69$
Moderates at 104$
Deluxes at 140$ (WL)

That's great for people like me that didn't receive any PIN code :thumbsup2

I love those summer Expedia rates. Looks like now is the time for people like me to jump at GF and Poly! I was hoping they might be able to beat my Fl Res rate for BWI, but Expedia is still $6 more a night.

What are the dates for the discount. I do not even see this when I go to expedia. Also, when are the summer discount dates?

I believe its August and September. I always go to expedia, select Hotel only, put my dates in and the key is to choose the "Search options feautre" and type in Disney...that way you only get back Disney hotels.

We used these summer rates last year on Expedia and got $113 for waterview at CBR. =) Expedia seems to have much more of a selection that you find when calling the CRO.

I just tried to get Aug 23-26 got a rate of $165 plus taxes which are almost $30. So that means basically $200 per night.

I have AAA rate at ASMovies for $74 with tax included.

$140 sounds really cheap, but when you add taxes it is actually closer to $175 per night.

oh well

Thanks for the tip. I just got off the phone with a CM from WDW and upgrated us from PoP to CSR for almost the same rate. I'm so glad I clicked on this board.

Thanks to the OP!:thumbsup2

Toya

BUK or BUL wasn't available for my stay at WL (8/13 - 19), so I tried Expedia yesterday and got woods view for $165. Standard view was $215.

I was looking for a Disney resort to stay at for my wife's birthday, wanted to do either Coronado Springs or Wilderness Lodge. Saw the $104 rate for CS and the $140 for WL on Expedia (thank you OP). Just for the heck of it I called Disney reservations, gave the Florida resident code for CS and was told only a king was available for $185 including tax using the code. Booked WL through Expedia for total of $163.94.

The $140 for WL before tax is not that far from the $119 I paid when WL first opened in early/mid-90s.

Phrank

I was looking for a Disney resort to stay at for my wife's birthday, wanted to do either Coronado Springs or Wilderness Lodge. Saw the $104 rate for CS and the $140 for WL on Expedia (thank you OP). Just for the heck of it I called Disney reservations, gave the Florida resident code for CS and was told only a king was available for $185 including tax using the code. Booked WL through Expedia for total of $163.94.

The $140 for WL before tax is not that far from the $119 I paid when WL first opened in early/mid-90s.

Phrank

What dates does Expedia have WL for $140? It was $195 for the dates I tried.

You can get these same rates though WDW with the new summer codes that are out to the public today.
That didn’t work for us. I just got off the phone with WDW and they told me I had to go directly through Expedia for these rates. I already have reservations at WDW w/ DDP and I had seen on another post that they were able to upgrade so I thought we could do the same but it didn’t work. Should I try back with another CM? I also asked her if Expedia offered the dining plan or if that was something you could only get through Walt Disney and she said she didn’t know.

Dates for WL- I played around with dates in late July and the first with the $140 was 7/29 which was actually the date I needed. I read later somewhere the dates the Expedia sale was available but can't remember where, maybe somewhere on Expedia site.

Phrank

Dates for WL- I played around with dates in late July and the first with the $140 was 7/29 which was actually the date I needed. I read later somewhere the dates the Expedia sale was available but can't remember where, maybe somewhere on Expedia site.

Phrank

Shoot, we check out of BWI on 7/29 and would love to add an extra 2 nights at WL, but hubby recently started a new job and has to be back at work. :rolleyes:

attempted to book rooms at both the contemporary and at the poly from august 6th-10th on expedia...no rooms available. couldn't find that price anywhere...perhaps it's only for certain resorts. i'll just have to keep my current ressie.

A few have asked, but their answer was on the first page of this thread. Here is a repeat:
You MUST book a MYW package in order to get the DDP. A package is room/tickets/dining. You cannot get it when booking through expedia, and you cannot get it period if you are booking a room only. Hope this helps!

The MYW package is through WDTC or AAA only.

I don't know if it is possible now, but Expedia actually ofered Free Dining package during the promotion this year, but you had to purchase airline tickets and hopper tickets to be elligible.

So at least it was possible.... :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter