expedia - meals and tickets included offer

That's great! It finally seems to have got through to them that there has been a major mistake made. However I do think they should be contacting their customers to let them know. If you weren't a DISer you'd have no idea and get to your hotel with hardly any money only to have to pay for all your meals.

I agree, I hate to think of how many people will turn up and be told they have no vouchers. :sad2:

Disney princess, i am so pleased Expedia refunded all your food money, great result. :goodvibes
Everyone else i'd say keep plugging away. I was sending an email every day and as soon as they answered i sent them another until the day they finally phoned and said they would change my booking. But it took a long time, over 30 emails and too many phone calls that i dread to think what my phone bill will be this quarter!!! They put me on hold for over 20 mins once and then just disconected me, i was SO mad:mad:
But they have now set a precedent with myself and Disney Princess, so they havn't got a leg to stand on as far as i can see.
Good luck everyone:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I have rung up three times in the past two days and spoken to two supervisors, yet have got nowhere! The last lady I spoke to just said "I can't do anything as I can't see details of other peoples bookings" I was on the phone to her for nearly 20 minutes and she tried to convince me that we have not got the vouchers because we must have a different booking type to everyone else. Oh and there are so many variables with hotel bookings that any of them can alter the booking; there are four variables as I told her but it got me no further! I am going to ring again but I fear I shall get no result. Oh well :-)

Well, today I joined the "DISers for Justice" ;) campaign with Expedia. I got off to a good start - phoned Customer Services, who then phoned the reservations manager at the Santa Fe hotel, who at first agreed that we had the free Disney Dining Plan included on our booking. Then, about half an hour later, I got a call back from Expedia guy, who reported that he'd just had an email from the reservations manager, explaining that actually, I didn't have the free Disney Dining Plan after all.

So, my Expedia guy has escalated it through his manager, as he agrees with me that as I have written confirmation from them that I have booked to include the free Dining Plan, then thats what I should get.

If they don't get back to me tomorrow, I'll be back in touch with them.

I've had no reply to my email yesterday...hmmm maybe should have phoned first.

Well this is the reply I got after another chase:
Thank you for contacting Expedia.co.uk regarding your reservation at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne.

I have check the details on your case about the dinning issue, this is currently undergoing investigation with another member of our staff, we are awaiting confirmation to confirm that this will be included in your booking.

We do apologise about the long wait, but we will be in contact when we receive the details.

Why do they not have a policy on this after multiple people have the same problem?! And what terrible English....staff seem to also need training on usng a simple spellcheck before sending e-mails. On the plus side at least I did eventually get a reply.

So, after no progress when DisneyFoo called I've emailed Claire at DLRP comms to let her know about the problems everyone has had. I'm going to email Expedia again when I've got the full story from DisneyFoo (as he's in Manchester and I'm in Leeds)

If only we'd got a note on our booking like everyone else on here :sad2:

Well this is the reply I got after another chase:
Thank you for contacting Expedia.co.uk regarding your reservation at Disney's Hotel Cheyenne.

I have check the details on your case about the dinning issue, this is currently undergoing investigation with another member of our staff, we are awaiting confirmation to confirm that this will be included in your booking.

We do apologise about the long wait, but we will be in contact when we receive the details.

Why do they not have a policy on this after multiple people have the same problem?! And what terrible English....staff seem to also need training on usng a simple spellcheck before sending e-mails. On the plus side at least I did eventually get a reply.

Depending on where the desk is they may well not have native english staff on it. This is a standard translating mistake.

Depending on where the desk is they may well not have native english staff on it. This is a standard translating mistake.

Yes I wouldn't normally moan about that, it was just the last straw after all the other mistakes! A simple spell check would at least have eliminated the spelling mistake though.

Expedia have apparently tried to call me and I have an old phone no. on my account - must be at least 8 yrs old. So if you're waiting for them to contact you do check (unlike me!) that your account details are up to date.

RESULT!!
Definitely the best move to speak to Roisin (thankyou Sharon Mouse), as she called me today to say they would be updating the room to include park tickets which would then give us Free Disney Dining. Like Sharon Mouse I had to have the £315 charged to our card and then refunded back again, and all will be confirmed and a receipt sent to show the refund has taken place.
So thankyou Expedia for sorting this out.
And all of you still trying to sort this out I recommend you contact Roisin as well.

Glad you got it sorted, I'm still battling (and beginning to feel like I'm hitting my head against a brick wall).

Can you pm me Roisin's details please?

Ta,

PMs sent but I haven't been much help as they seem to be against letting you know any direct contact details.....

We booked ours through Greenbee and were having the same problems (I have posted in this thread earlier) I thought they must have had something to do with Expedia, but not the same staff.

We got ours sorted nearly 2 weeks ago when a manager called Roisin called us out of the blue. Don't know if this is of any more help, but I do know where she is based. Not sure if I can post it openly :confused:

Wow, so that's now two people who have been able to upgrade-then-refund, so why haven't they offered it to anyone else?

Wow, so that's now two people who have been able to upgrade-then-refund, so why haven't they offered it to anyone else?

Keep bombarding them with emails/phone calls. It's a positive sign that both Sharon Mouse and britchic4 managed to get free upgrades and I personally got a refund. I know it's frustrating but you just need to keep contacting them.

I think Disneyfoo and Princesskins have tried that - and are still not getting anywhere fast.

I'm phoning the lovely Miles at Expedia every day at the moment - he's got one hour to do what he said was going to happen since yesterday at this time, and then I'll be back on the phone to him again ;).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter