expedia - meals and tickets included offer

Well we have a result.

Booked room only Santa Fe through Greenbee (part of John Lewis) for 2 lots of 3 nights (so we would qualify for the Free Disney Dining)

When our confirmation came through it didn't state the free dining, so we requested that they confirm it. We got a reply saying they were looking into it. 2 weeks later we received an email stating that they had gotten in touch with Disney and our vouchers would be at the hotel on arrival.

Then this new thread started, and I started to think that Greenbee, may try and start being complicated like Expedia had to others. We emailed them again looking for clearer assurance. We got an email saying once again, the vouchers would be at the hotel. So we thought that was that.

At 5.30pm this afternoon we received a phone call from a lovely lady from Greenbee. She said that Free Dining Plan should never had been offered with room only, but as it was their mistake, they would be upgrading us to include Park tickets, which would then enitle us to Free Dining Plan (free of charge):thumbsup2

But, could not upgrade the first 2 days as they were unavailable, so said we had to keep the food recepts for lunch and dinner. We asked were there any restrictions on where we were to eat, and she said anywhere within reason ie. not Inventions etc.:rolleyes1 We said rather than keep the receipts, was there any room at The Cheyanne for the first 2 nights to include the Free Dining Plan, she checked and there was. So we are now booked in there for the 2 nights.

So all in all, I am very impressed at the way Greenbee have handled a very bad situation, and feel now I can relax about the holiday and not stress "Will there be vouchers or not?" :yay:

I've just emailed Expedia AGAIN. Still no response. We should have received another response from them by now, we got the first email from them on the 4th! I work for a big company, and if it ever pulled anything remotely like this Watchdog would have an absolute field day!! This is the last time we're booking through Expedia, we've all been messed around, and from what I can see only two (possibly three) of us have actually got a response and result! Ugh!

So who is the first person to go to DLP booked room only with the supposed free dining vouchers?? I don't go til the 13th December

Mummybear.

Well done in persevering. Greenbee have done exactly as they should have done and sorted this out for you to the best of their ability.
:thumbsup2

Lets just hope Expedia will do their jobs right and sort out their clients too!

Greenbee sound like they know how to treat their customers! I've just got back and I have all my receipts, ready to send to Expedia. Hopefully there will be no problems from here...

Disney Princess 85, I hope the process goes smoothly for you.

As I said in my post, they offered us the option of keeping receipts, but I felt if there was another way round it, I'd rather not have to. It's also the inconvenience of then having to make sure your budget would cover the meals while away, and you shouldn't have to if you have booked FREE DINING!!

I feel we are "Lucky" that we had plenty of time to get it sorted before we go. But if it wasn't for people like yourselves, we would probably have turned up thinking it was all sorted, when infact it wasn't. So, I am sorry it has been a pain for you, but THANKS for making us aware:flower3:

OMG i think you will have to pick me up off the floor.........Expedia have resolved the issue:dance3::dance3::dance3:

I really cannot believe it, i finally got a phone call back. at first i was a little bit worried over what they were proposing but this is what has happened.

She has upgraded my booking to include park tickets which gets me free Disney dining plan. I had to pay the difference of £340 which they have refunded straight away back onto my card. She has sent me numerous emails as a confirmation of what she has done and why, so it is not just her word and i have a new confirmation from expedia showing everything. And just to make things better, our Annual passes have expired and we going to buy new ones so as park tickets are included, i won't need these till our next trip in Feb :cool1:

So after all the stress things have come good.

Need to say a really big thankyou to everyone on here for advertising the offer, (even if it was wrong hahaha) and for tips in trying to resolve it too. Hope everyone else gets the result too.:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

That's great news, perhaps they have got together with Disney and found that to be the cheapest solution for them? I will definitely be pursuing my claim now....

That's great news, perhaps they have got together with Disney and found that to be the cheapest solution for them? I will definitely be pursuing my claim now....

Exactly, it's definitely the cheapest option for them so it makes sense. I'll be sending them my receipts shortly so I'll report back when they've responded. :thumbsup2

Congratulations Sharon Mouse. I'm glad you got the situation sorted & everything worked out better in the long run. I also had the expedia booking, but cancelled mine because I was getting no joy with sorting things out, so glad it worked out for someone.

Well i played on it a bit more and now have had an email back from them to say that I will get the dining vouchers and that it was confirmed in a conversation with the hotel on the 11th November, hmmmmm!!

Well i played on it a bit more and now have had an email back from them to say that I will get the dining vouchers and that it was confirmed in a conversation with the hotel on the 11th November, hmmmmm!!

For goodness sake they don't have a clue do they, why is there not a consistent answer on this?!
If it's true, great, that's the basis you booked on. But I'm sure you're doubting the truth of it just like me and you just don't need that stress when you're going on holiday. If you're going with their answer I would certainly phone the hotel 5 days before your departure to check yourself.
I am going to be trying to contact the person Sharon Mouse dealt with (PS Sharon Mouse could you PM me?!) as that sounds the most satisfactory outcome.

britchic4, I will definitely contact Santa Fe before we go. Expedia have given me the name of the person they spoke to in reservations, so fingers crossed.

britchic4, I will definitely contact Santa Fe before we go. Expedia have given me the name of the person they spoke to in reservations, so fingers crossed.

Well that does sound more promising I must admit!

Update: I got a call from Expedia an hour ago and they have processed a refund for all our meals. :) I'm pleased with the speed in which they have sorted this out and I'm glad some of you are getting positive replies from them (finally!). Good luck guys.

I'm still battling away!
Finally got a reply from expedia on the 14th after my fifth email to them, and got a three line response that looked like it was copied and pasted. I am fuming. Disneyfoo rang them today after seeing this thread and they told him it's been escalated to their backoffice, which neither of us really believe. Still so annoyed, it's stressed me to the point where I've pretty much got another stomach ulcer!
So still no result for us, we just seem to be being fobbed off with "it's been escalated"... It's beyond a joke now! Especially as a lot of you have got a good result, we're still without a definite answer :sad2:

Update: I got a call from Expedia an hour ago and they have processed a refund for all our meals. :) I'm pleased with the speed in which they have sorted this out and I'm glad some of you are getting positive replies from them (finally!). Good luck guys.

That's great! It finally seems to have got through to them that there has been a major mistake made. However I do think they should be contacting their customers to let them know. If you weren't a DISer you'd have no idea and get to your hotel with hardly any money only to have to pay for all your meals.

I'm still battling away!
Finally got a reply from expedia on the 14th after my fifth email to them, and got a three line response that looked like it was copied and pasted. I am fuming. Disneyfoo rang them today after seeing this thread and they told him it's been escalated to their backoffice, which neither of us really believe. Still so annoyed, it's stressed me to the point where I've pretty much got another stomach ulcer!
So still no result for us, we just seem to be being fobbed off with "it's been escalated"... It's beyond a joke now! Especially as a lot of you have got a good result, we're still without a definite answer :sad2:

Don't stress, just keep plugging away and you will get the result.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter