expedia - meals and tickets included offer

They would be useful if expedia would reply to us! It's getting ridiculous now!

Sorry, that's not my fault! :flower3: Have you tried calling them?

Well after numerous phone calls and emails, i have now at last had my case passed onto a manager of the guy in Belfast i have been dealing with. That said in my email last night, i was told i would receive a reply today and guess what.......... I still haven't!!! Am i surprised, i don't think so :mad::mad::mad:
So I have told hubby i will give them till tomorrow, till i start with the real heavy STUFF, Expedia haven't taken on me before and boy had they better be ready, they won't like me when i'm angry :furious:

And to be quite honest, i don't want this spoiling the build up to our Disney magic, but i won't let this settle....... to be con't

What have they said to you so far? Unfortunately, it seems you really have to bombard them with emails to get anyone to take any notice. :( I'm aware that they work throughout the night so there's still chance for them to send a reply to you. I agree though, if you hear nothing then it's time to get serious.

So far, i have been told nothing, except we do not qualify for free dining, this was last week. I told them i had my original email which said the hotel was offering free dining and therefore i did get it, this after expedia phoned DLRP. However since then i have phoned them 6 times, all with promise of a return call and got no answer other than it is being looked into by a manager. So we will see what tomorrow brings......

However, I'm pleased you have got a little bit further, with the promise of refunded meal costs, but how have they told you of this promise and will it 'stand up' if expedia start to play around when you come back. Don't wish to put bad vibes on your progress, but after all this hassle i don't feel very confident in them. Good luck and please keep us updated:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

First of all. As someone said earlier, Keep detailed notes of when you called and who you spoke to including times & dates.

Ask for everything to be confirmed in writing, if you dont get it, keep at them.

Has anyone tried to contact Disney themselves to see if the "free dining" will be honoured by them?
My worry is that everything is computerised. If its not on the Disney system itself and it doesnt apply, Disney wont honour it automatically (I'm thinking the vouchers wont be waiting on you at check in and you'll have a fight on your hands to get the vouchers) They will most likely refer you to your tour operator on return. The only way round this is to go above Expedias head and contact Disney themselves and check to see what their system says you have booked. That may not be easy, but its what I'd have done for my clients if I was in any doubt.

Really, what Expedia SHOULD be doing is paying the difference to Disney so clients have a hassle-free holiday, after all, thats what they've confirmed.

I wouldnt let this go if I were you, if you have it confirmed in writing, then thats what you should get.

However, I'm pleased you have got a little bit further, with the promise of refunded meal costs, but how have they told you of this promise and will it 'stand up' if expedia start to play around when you come back. Don't wish to put bad vibes on your progress, but after all this hassle i don't feel very confident in them. Good luck and please keep us updated:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I have numerous emails from the same lady at Expedia who has told me to send our receipts to them on our return. As it has been confirmed in writing, I'm hoping there will be little to no problems in getting our money back. We'll see though, I'm not exactly 100% confident either!!

Has anyone tried to contact Disney themselves to see if the "free dining" will be honoured by them?
My worry is that everything is computerised. If its not on the Disney system itself and it doesnt apply, Disney wont honour it automatically (I'm thinking the vouchers wont be waiting on you at check in and you'll have a fight on your hands to get the vouchers) They will most likely refer you to your tour operator on return. The only way round this is to go above Expedias head and contact Disney themselves and check to see what their system says you have booked. That may not be easy, but its what I'd have done for my clients if I was in any doubt.

From what I've been told, people in my position (who have booked room only thinking that free dining was included), will get a refund for their meals when they return home. You'd think it'd be straightforward for Expedia to action something in order for the vouchers to be there at check-in, but apparently not. :confused3

What I'm worried about is the likelihood of people kicking off at Disney when they arrive to no vouchers. There will be loads of non-Dis people who won't be aware of the problems we've all been having. As you said, I think Disney will simply refer them back to Expedia.

Really, what Expedia SHOULD be doing is paying the difference to Disney so clients have a hassle-free holiday, after all, thats what they've confirmed.

I agree. As we are so close to our trip though, we have decided to accept their offer of a refund. If we had more time, we probably would have pursued it further.

By the way, Expedia have agreed to refund us the cost of lunch as well as dinner in the table service restaurants listed for the Cheyenne, so we are able to have table service meals for lunch rather than counter service.

By the way, Expedia have agreed to refund us the cost of lunch as well as dinner in the table service restaurants listed for the Cheyenne, so we are able to have table service meals for lunch rather than counter service.

That sounds good, although I can't recall which table service restaurants in the park would be covered for that, is it just Silver Spur? And Annettes in the village?

Im gutted that we wont get the free dining vouchers, its so unfair. I booked a room only with Expedia at Santa Fe as I have an AP, I also have it written on my confirmation note about the free dining, so will definatley keep all my receipts and try to claim it back when we get home. We don't go til 13th Dec.

That sounds good, although I can't recall which table service restaurants in the park would be covered for that, is it just Silver Spur? And Annettes in the village?

This is the list I was given:

Silver Spur
Agrabah Café
Plaza Gardens
Restaurant des Stars
Chuckwagon Café
La Cantina
Crockett’s La Tavern
Annette’s Diner

Weirdly though, I was told 'buffet only', even though Silver Spur and Annette's aren't buffet restaurants. I don't want to complicate things so we will probably just stick to the buffet places!

Im gutted that we wont get the free dining vouchers, its so unfair. I booked a room only with Expedia at Santa Fe as I have an AP, I also have it written on my confirmation note about the free dining, so will definatley keep all my receipts and try to claim it back when we get home. We don't go til 13th Dec.

Make sure you contact Expedia if you haven't already done so. :)

Lisa make sure you sort it out before you go so you have something in writing

This was the response i got from there when I told them that I had conflicting advice that room only reservations were now not included in the free dining and that would Expedia be meeting the cost of my meals if I get to Disney and am refused, they said:_

"I can assure you that any offers included at the time of booking will still be valid. The free Disney dining will not be shown on bookings made from the date that this offer was terminated."

This was the response i got from there when I told them that I had conflicting advice that room only reservations were now not included in the free dining and that would Expedia be meeting the cost of my meals if I get to Disney and am refused, they said:_

"I can assure you that any offers included at the time of booking will still be valid. The free Disney dining will not be shown on bookings made from the date that this offer was terminated."

Interesting response. Are you happy with that?

Not really, I said that its all well and good them saying that but what happens when I get there and Disney refuse to give me the dining vouchers. I have said I wont confirmation that Expedia will pay our meals in that case. I'll let you know what they say

And this is what i've had back, so will just have to wait until we go on the 13th Dec and see what happens.

I am sorry to hear you have been unable to get clarification on your free dining vouchers. I can confirm a note has been added to your booking informing you that you will get free disney dining vouchers on your arrival at the hotel. For further details of this please contact the hotel directly on 033 160 457800. If you need any further help or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us further. We are available 24 hours on 0871 226 0808 (Calls charged at 10 pence per minute BT rate. Charges may vary from other networks) or from outside the UK on +44 203 0248211 (usual costs apply).

And this is what i've had back, so will just have to wait until we go on the 13th Dec and see what happens.

I am sorry to hear you have been unable to get clarification on your free dining vouchers. I can confirm a note has been added to your booking informing you that you will get free disney dining vouchers on your arrival at the hotel. For further details of this please contact the hotel directly on 033 160 457800. If you need any further help or assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us further. We are available 24 hours on 0871 226 0808 (Calls charged at 10 pence per minute BT rate. Charges may vary from other networks) or from outside the UK on +44 203 0248211 (usual costs apply).

Well I've just called the Cheyenne and they only receive information from Expedia 5 days before so presume you wouldn't even be able to check either! honestly, Expedia can't even get this right. They are the travel agent, they should be the ones calling Disney!

Well I've just called the Cheyenne and they only receive information from Expedia 5 days before so presume you wouldn't even be able to check either! honestly, Expedia can't even get this right. They are the travel agent, they should be the ones calling Disney!

Agreed, it's rather cheeky that they're trying to get Lisa to spend time and money calling Disney! It's their mistake, they should sort it out.

Lisa, I would push for confirmation that you will be reimbursed for any meals you have to pay for if the vouchers aren't there when you check in. Unfortunately, it seems like you have to go round in circles repeating yourself a few times before Expedia take any notice. :sad2:

:eek: You got a response?! Gah I'm starting to think they're ignoring me!

Sorry, that's not my fault! :flower3: Have you tried calling them?

I know, but thank you! Was very frustrated that's all! Both myself and Disneyfoo have called, but to no avail!

Just thought i would have a go at emailing expedia. Just had two replies to say my query has been forwarded to the Escalations department. No idea what this is, i will keep you updated.

Someone said Expedia send details to Disney 5 days before departure/arrival, I think that would be about right and although I appreciate its a hassle phoning Disney yourself, surely its much better having any problems sorted out before you go than waste time and energy stressing about it once you're there.
Yes, I know Expedia should be sorting this out for you, but what if they dont?
I always say that the only way to ensure something is done right is to do it yourself. By the looks of things, their customer service is non existent or very very hit and miss at best.

If theres a note on booking confirmations stating that vouchers will be issued on arrival, then you should get that. Make sure you have contact details for Expedia to hand at check in and be ready to call them if theres a problem.

I am thinking that as Agents, theoretically Expedia are responsible, but I do think that as suppliers, Disney have some responsibility in this too.

OOh I'd love to get my hands on all those confirmations and sort them all out!! :surfweb: it really upsets me when I hear of peoples holidays being ruined just because someone couldnt be bothered to do their jobs properly. Theres no excuse for poor customer service, you guys have paid for something that you should be getting and to be told now that you cant have it is ridiculous :mad:

You know... I'm wondering if "Watchdog" might be interested in this? A couple of years ago, Expedia were investigated by the TV programme. If there are a few people who contact them about this, they just might take this on- Just a thought :idea: Worth a try???

The other thing is that, as far as I know, Expedia have an ATOL licence but they do not have ABTA which means theres very little protection other than the law, which we all know, costs money to challenge them legally if they refuse to comply. Yes, legally they should be issuing free dining vouchers at check in without any hassle whatsoever to everyone who booked it, but what if they dont? Not everyone will have budgeted to have to pay for meals and its going to cost a fortune! Its scandalous that Expedia are expecting their clients to fork out over their mistake.

I might get slated for saying this, but once again, this proves that not booking via a good travel agent might save you a little money, but booking travel arrangements online without protection because its the cheapest way is not always the best way to go either :rolleyes:

I really hope you all at the very least can get a refund for the meals but it just should not be happening at all!

Shame on Expedia!

I hope they get their fingers out and sort this out- pronto!

On the strength of all this I have just cancelled my booking with Expedia (hope I get a refund ok but for some reason I am not holding my breath!) and booked with NHS Discounts 50% off offer yay:cool1:. So now going to SL instead of SF in Jan.

In the end this has worked out quite well for me but if it wasn't for this forum I wouldn't even have realised the problem until we checked in and that would have really spoiled our trip. i feel sure many people will be caught out though.

just shows you that if something looks too good to be true it probably is!

Well i can report back that i am really no further along after all the emails.
Initially they told me to keep all my reipts to claim back when i returned, but since the email stated as they were still investigating the matter, i requested a written guarantee that this would happen and they have gone back to please be patiant etc we are still investigating this matter!!!:headache::headache:

So i will continue to bombard them with emailed threat of legal action, bad publicity etc etc and see if that gets me any further. DH says we should cancel and go else where, but i don't want to as i want to win!!!!!

Anyone got any further, please let us know

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter