• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expedia for booking?

pjew

Mouseketeer
Has anyone ever used expedia to book a cruise?
Please let me know your opinions.
Expedia has given the lowest quote so far but i am a little worried about using them. :rolleyes:
Thank You!

They are a very reputible company and are safe to use. However, the price quoted does not include tax or port charges. They come in later in the booking process. I was fooled once by this and have found they are no less expensive than most other agencies. :badpc:

I booked through Expedia. I did it online and unlike above, I was shown all of my costs up front. Nothing was hidden. Also, I checked with numberous other TA's on pricing and expedia was the least expensive by far. I saved a total of $1064. off my Feb. cruise. BTW port taxes and fees for us (3) only ran $98 total. In addition, I have called them repeated (they r probably sick of me) with questions and they are always polite and efficient. I was even able to have my dining seating changed just today, no waitlisting! So far they've been very smooth, convienent, and easy on the pocketbook. :earsgirl:

:boat: 15 days and counting til the most "WONDER"ful cruise!!!! :Pinkbounc

I booked with Expedia on my first cruise. Getting information after the booking is difficult.

They did not send my docs until late (DCL sent them to them) and I had to order another cet from DCL. I got DCL's next day air package the day before we left. Expedias arrived sometine when we were on the cruise.

Never again will I use them.

I booked onboard and transferred the ressie to Dreams Unlimited.

I checked Expedia out of curiosity vs All Seasons posted fares for our upcoming May 12 3-day....very little price difference...I would much rather book with a brick and mortar TA that I've forged a relationship with if the pricing were close...it really makes a difference....

I'd agree also with alexandrew...if u have a TA that u've worked closely with, I'd stick to them. However, so sorry a member above had a bad bout w/Expedia. I haven't so far. They actually contacted me today to tell me my tracking # and that my docs have been sent. So now problems as of yet!! :earsboy:

I use Expedia all the time for hotels and vacations packages. I booked an entire Cancun trip through them and it was flawless. They are definatly cheaper then AAA. I did however book my last Disney cruise with Costco Travel and saved a few hundred dollars compared to Expedia.

My suggestion is to shop around for the best deal. I have found that Expedia pricing usually is the cheapest of all of the online travel agencies.

rtjcbrown said:
They are a very reputible company and are safe to use. However, the price quoted does not include tax or port charges. They come in later in the booking process. I was fooled once by this and have found they are no less expensive than most other agencies. :badpc:

I just booked through them and they do include port charges. The only thing not included when you look at the initial price are taxes and a $15 booking fee. The booking fee is mentioned up front, they tell you how much taxes are before you pay. None of the other travel agents I tried included taxes either...

If you have a Upromise College Acct, don't forget to go thru the Upromise site and then click on Expedia to get an extra 1% for college savings. Just a reminder....

I booked our last DC through Expedia. I will never use their services again for any of my travel plans. Without going into the whole saga, take my advice and go elsewhere. I have used Coscto Travel and have been extremely satisfied. Good luck...

sandiegosusie said:
I booked our last DC through Expedia. I will never use their services again for any of my travel plans. Without going into the whole saga, take my advice and go elsewhere. I have used Coscto Travel and have been extremely satisfied. Good luck...

Do you need a costco membership to use costco travel? I heard they were good, but there isn't a costco within 400 miles of me so I didn't bother.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter