Expedia.com and Disney have 'book early' fall rates up!

Vala

DIS Veteran
I'm seeing $ 175 for PPH, $ 182 for DLH and a stunning $ 228 for GCH for October and November at Expedia.

PPH and DLH were priced way lower in their promo for last year if memory serves me correct, but GCH is the price we got when Disney finally released their fall rates in 2009.

So if you ever wanted to stay in the Grand, here may be your chance!

EDITED to include that rate is showing on Disney website now too.

Disneyland.com has the same rates now under "Fall Room Offer-Early Savings"

and you only need a deposit of one night unlike "Expedia Special Rate hotels require that your credit card be charged for the full payment upon reservation." just an FYI pirate:

So that's why the booking engine on the Disney website was down. :laughing:
Didn't work for me all morning.

Thanks for posting this! Yes, I agree these rates are not what they were last fall for PPH and DLH :sad1:

That's actually part of the reason why we're at the Grand now.

Room mate wanted to book DLH originally, but for a price difference like that we decided to splurge. That was small enough to justify the 'upgrade'.

Especially with all the construction at DLH! I'd pick the PPH over that, but at those rates ... we stayed at GCH in early June with their buy 3, get 2 promo. It was totally worth it. You will have a blast! :wizard:

That's actually part of the reason why we're at the Grand now.

Room mate wanted to book DLH originally, but for a price difference like that we decided to splurge. That was small enough to justify the 'upgrade'.

That's good to hear that you are going to stay at the GCH at a low rate. I was waiting for a low rate with my AP for my oct. Trip and I got it last month. Now without the AP, you can get a big discount staying at the DLR hotels. It is nice to see another website except Disneyland.com that has a big discount on the rooms at the property.

Especially with all the construction at DLH! I'd pick the PPH over that, but at those rates ... we stayed at GCH in early June with their buy 3, get 2 promo. It was totally worth it. You will have a blast! :wizard:

I remembered the construction work last minute. Otherwise we'd already be booked for the DLH on my AP discount! We have a kid with us, so the pool is very important. I wanted to book last night, but then remembered about the construction and was waiting to hear back from my room mate what to do. And then, bam. :laughing:

I've been at the Grand last year. My room mate so wanted to stay there too after she saw the photos. But when she saw the prices we decided DLH would have to do. But now... there's a very happy camper in Pennsylvania today. ;)

That's good to hear that you are going to stay at the GCH at a low rate. I was waiting for a low rate with my AP for my oct. Trip and I got it last month. Now without the AP, you can get a big discount staying at the DLR hotels.

I got an AP too, but the rates have not moved anywhere for end of October/beginning of November. Still only the standard discount. The price we have now is about the same the best price was last year and the same price that is showing on the AP website for the beginning of October. We were both okay with the rate, so we decided it was not worth the risk to wait for a further discount.

I got an AP too, but the rates have not moved anywhere for end of October/beginning of November. Still only the standard discount. The price we have now is about the same the best price was last year and the same price that is showing on the AP website for the beginning of October. We were both okay with the rate, so we decided it was not worth the risk to wait for a further discount.

You got to check the AP hotel availability calender and see if the website will do a change on the price. I have been looking to stay at the GCH ever since June and now I'm going in two months for my trip and they had the standard price at a high rate. Than last month just for one day, they had the standard room at the GCH for $228 on my date Oct 1 -3. I booked it immediately and than a few hours later, the price went back up to $342 a night. Talk about in just a few hours I got the highest discount price with the AP and than it went back to its original price.

I've actually been checking several times a day since May and didn't see any changes... in fact I think October didn't even go up before some time in July.

Those sudden movements are one of my problems I guess. I'm overseas, in Europe. So anything that comes up in the afternoon or heaven forbid late afternoon and I am screwed because that's nighttime for me.

Disneyland.com has the same rates now under "Fall Room Offer-Early Savings"

and you only need a deposit of one night unlike "Expedia Special Rate hotels require that your credit card be charged for the full payment upon reservation." just an FYI pirate:

This is exactly what I wanted to hear! I just booked the GCH for my trip in November - my first time staying there. :cool1::cool1: I can't wait!!!!

I have been waiting for anything on October. I'll do the same thing I did last year - reserve at DLH and hope that in September that they drop the AP rates at the GCH (like they did last year). :)

I am on the phone with reservations right now and they don't have the new prices on their systems even though it shows up on their website. She is going to book it for me and then have the supervisor change the price to match what I am seeing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter