• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expectant Mothers Should Not Ride

abbadackerygirl said:
Oh, I am baaaaaaaad. I went on California Screamin' when I was 8 weeks prego. It's a REALLY smooth rollercoaster, and quite frankly, your car does worse things...

Same with Splash Mountain. I went on that then AND in WDW when I was seven months pregnant. Still will, as I'm pregnant again, lol.

I think Pirates is A-OK. You have to be jammed PRETTY hard to hurt that baby. Enough that it would hurt you.

I also went on Test Track, which is pretty similar to Radiator Springs. I don't recommend that one. It felt like my belly went one way, and I went another.

I absolutely would not ride Matterhorn, even if I wasn't pregnant. Waaaay too jarring.

When I went 2 yrs ago I was 25 wks pregnant and I rode splash mountain and BTMRR I couldn't help myself I had to ride them

I'm bad too, I rode.space mountain at 16 weeks pregnant. It is a generally smooth coaster though! My baby is.perfectly.healthy fine though.
Don't listen to us.baddies though!

Be grateful you're not going to DL Paris :). I was there last year, at 28 weeks pregnant, and the list of rides there that say "Expectant mothers should not ride" was huge. You couldn't do Snow White, Peter Pan, Pinocchio, the Tea Cups, Pirates of the Caribbean, as well as all the main rides listed above. I went on the Carousel, Buzz Lightyear, Small World, and Haunted Mansion....and I think that was it.

You for sure do not want to go on BTMRR as the G forces in an emergency stop for that ride are very high.

Hi there - thanks for all the thoughts (and congratulations!), as well as for sharing some difficult stories, which I know can be hard. As I said, I also hope it's helpful for women in the same situation in the future to have one thread dedicated to this question, as I wasn't able to find one during my earlier searches.

I'll be playing a lot by ear, and will likely often be off doing a smaller ride with my 4-y-o while my husband and his brother do some of the bigger ones. At any rate, I really appreciate the input - I'm really excited to get to DLR this weekend!

When I went 2 yrs ago I was 25 wks pregnant and I rode splash mountain and BTMRR I couldn't help myself I had to ride them

I'm bad too, I rode.space mountain at 16 weeks pregnant. It is a generally smooth coaster though! My baby is.perfectly.healthy fine though.
Don't listen to us.baddies though!

You for sure do not want to go on BTMRR as the G forces in an emergency stop for that ride are very high.

Ah, yeah, I wouldn't go on BTMRR or SM. That's a little much g force for pregnant me. I'm pretty familiar with CS, and I knew it was much more gentle. It's a lot newer than the other two.

As for Autopia, I'm gonna try it in Hong Kong. They don't have gas cars, but electric. I'll have DH drive behind me so no hitting. My toddler has to go on it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter