• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Expectant Mommy Care package

sk!mom

DIS Veteran
My dear friend is expecting after 12 years of infertility. She's reached 20 weeks and I would like to send her some type of pregnancy care package. Any ideas?

She has a really stressful job and relaxing and taking care of herself is a challenge.

YAY!!!!

Pedicure stuff is always nice! Foot lotion, one of those big foot emery boards, maybe a little foot soaker tub... Some nice lotions for her body and hands too :) What about some snacks? Like some of those Lindt chocolate balls (mmmmmm!!) Depending on how much you want to spend a pregnancy massage is the best thing EVER! I paid $100 for 1/2 hour and it was absolutely heavenly! I gave a friend the snuggle U pregnancy pillow and she said it was the best thing ever.

http://www.amazon.com/Comfort-U-Total-Pillow-Support-CU9000/dp/B0010BBN7M

:)

maybe a massage.
a basket with lotions and candles to relax with.
body pillow
just a few ideas congrats to her

I totally agree with the pregnancy massage. :cloud9:

That's so sweet of you to send her a gift like this, she's lucky to have a friend like you!

A gift certificate for Merry Maids, or local cleaning service. I loved mine so much I kept using them - been 8 years now...... lol!

Earth Mama Angel Baby makes some great pregnancy and post-partum care products if you're looking for that type of thing! You can find those at a lot of websites, and I think Babies R Us carries some of their products, too.

How about a parent magazine to go with some of the other things.

I totally agree with the massage. It was complete heaven on earth when I got mine. Also snacks are a good idea and bubble bath and shower gel are awesome too. You are such an awesome friend.

massage. Even when I was on bedrest for pre-eclampsia my doctor approved of a massage a week to help my bp.

I'm not a massage kind of person but love the idea of gift cards for take out places. Especially since you said she has a high stress job. I'm always getting in trouble for working at my first job (career) then coming home to my full time job (house caretaker/wife and now parent) It would be lovely to not have to worry about dinner!!

That is so awesome for your friend! I've been there, though it was half the time she has been waiting. Another thought, depending on how much you want to spend, would be a 3-D ultrasound. Or maybe you can go in with another couple of friends. Just the fact that you are caring enough to acknowledge this for her is awesome! When I hit my second trimester, my coworkers decorated my desk and made a congrats sign, I still have it :goodvibes

What an awesome friend!! We went through infertility for that long too, so please tell your friend that I'm so happy for her! :banana:

I love the other ideas - another thing that I was given was a session with a photographer. We haven't used it yet, but I thought that was a great gift...

That's so sweet of you!:lovestruc

I like the pedicure idea. I remember those days and trying to get at my toes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter