Exotic Rasul....

We will be doing cruise #3 in January, again with my parents. Mom volunteered to babysit the two youngest anytime, so we're telling her it's a couple's massage. Worked last time ;)

However, my DSis asked about it, thought it was great we got a "couple's massage" and started asking too many questions! I just changed the subject so she wouldn't figure anything out. There's no way she could know, because we never said the word "rasul", and no one in our group would ever think THAT is available on DCL :rolleyes1

My other half just mentioned this to me, suggesting we add it to our itinery. Not knowing exactly what it was, I thought this thread might enlighten me. I think we may just check this one out ;)

I'll be the one to say this but we just didn't like it at all :(

The steam room was far too hot, even with the hoses on and some of the faucets and one of the hoses just didn't work at all. My husband nearly fell in the first room after we had showers as well since the floor was so wet. My husband is a bigger guy so we couldn't fit in the shower cove together and he had some big problems maneuvering around in the steam room.

To be quite honest we decided we'd much rather have a couples cabana massage any day! The rasul room just did not live up to our expectations in any way.

We loved it...several times :laughing:

We want one in our house...but I'm afriad if we did that, we might never leave!

Had DH google it.....and Dis Boards came up first with a thread on this!!! lol

DH said he'd rather go parasailing....lol

How long is the spa open until? We would have to plan for DD1 in the nursery...etc...not too "spontaneous"...lol All I know is that I would like to have an adult beverage as well...dont see how that is possible?!

We have reserved this "treatment" for our upcoming December cruise, on which we are also celebrating our 10th Anniversary. I wanted to do couple's massages, but DH was pretty lukewarm about that. However, when I mentioned this option, he was ALL ABOUT me booking it. I just hope it lives up to my expectations. :laughing:

We have reserved this "treatment" for our upcoming December cruise, on which we are also celebrating our 10th Anniversary. I wanted to do couple's massages, but DH was pretty lukewarm about that. However, when I mentioned this option, he was ALL ABOUT me booking it. I just hope it lives up to my expectations. :laughing:

Will be awaiting your review of this "treatment"...:lmao:

We're still debating....with 3 kids in tow, we're talking having to plan, plan, plan....lol

weird how could any DH not want to goto the rasul spa???

were talking about possible whoopie in a nice steam room with slippery variants of mud... bring it on!

as long as you have an open mind, and a sense of adventure, and comfortable with each other, go for it...and the whoopie doesn't have to happen either, and it will still be fun.

weird how could any DH not want to goto the rasul spa???

He has a fear of mud.....geez I was j/k about the parasailing...notice the "lol"

DH just said they shoulde re name this the "Disney Spouse Encounter"......:)

Had DH google it.....and Dis Boards came up first with a thread on this!!! lol

DH said he'd rather go parasailing....lol

How long is the spa open until? We would have to plan for DD1 in the nursery...etc...not too "spontaneous"...lol All I know is that I would like to have an adult beverage as well...dont see how that is possible?!

We brought champagne with us--so it is possible to have your mud and adult beverage at the same time. :thumbsup2

Thanks Wine Diva!!

Love that name!! THere are some great wineries in WI!! We are up in WI every summer...sorry OT....

does the area itself look really dirty

'Cause I want everything sparkling clean for my mud bath! :lmao:

Hee... Kidding. I understand. Who wants to start off with the room grungy?

We sail in January and have ours booked already. It sounds like something very cool, and it's one of the few spa treatments the price of which doesn't make me want to scream.

I don't think the massages would work for me, because I don't like people touching me. Well, except for my husband and child. And she won't be in the room, so he's going to have to do the honors. :woohoo:

Speaking of which... The price is for "two or three" guests. :confused3 My sister's going to be on board, too, but I can't imagine inviting her to join us. Or even just doing it with my mom and sister and me. Rrgh. There are some things I just don't want to know about others, even my immediate family. And basking nude, or, rather, basking in a mud-slatered body, in the steam room just ain't the girls' night out I picture when I think about it.

So, I have no idea what this is but I've been trying to piece it together from this thread. Is it basically a private mud bath or what's it all about? This is the first that I've heard about it. More details would be appreciated. How much time to you get? What does it include? Cost?

So, I have no idea what this is but I've been trying to piece it together from this thread. Is it basically a private mud bath or what's it all about? This is the first that I've heard about it. More details would be appreciated. How much time to you get? What does it include? Cost?

Yes, it's basically a mud bath. There are three small areas--a shower area, a room with a bench, and a steam room. The spa attendant takes you in and shows you around, then you go change, and come back in with your partner. First you are supposed to massage in a salt-based exfoliant, sit in the steam room for 5 minutes, and then shower off. Next comes the really fun part--the mud. It smells great and feels even better. Again, massage, steam for 5 minutes, and shower. If you want to add any other "activities" that is up to you. :rolleyes1 After you shower off the mud, there is a huge basket of oils and other bath products that you can use. You have a total time of 50 minutes. At 40 minutes an attendant knocks on the door so you know you have 10 minutes left. The cost as of 3 weeks ago was $83.00--we added a $10 dollar tip because although no one does any work on you we figured someone has to clean the room. My DH said it was the best $93 he ever spent!

I'm not too weak in the knees. Sounds amazing! Looks like we might have to splurge.

::SIGH::

I want another so bad. DH and I adored it. We decided to be silly and have a MUD fight - oh my goodness did we laugh. THE OILS are sooooooooo wonderful to rub :rolleyes1 hmmmm all over myself :rolleyes1 yep that's it - so worth the money - we did not hear the knock the first time, but we did the second time. :) :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter