• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Exlporing beyond our fav Deluxe!

BreezysMom

DIS Veteran
Disney has found a sucker in us! We just got another 40% PIN for various days up to 6/14. We are thinking of doing a week in early June when DD gets out of school. :cool1:

But I want to try a different resort! I am looking at GF, BWI or BC as my possibly choices. I would actully consider a split stay at the GF and and Epcot resort? Help a Poly addict go beyond her comfort zone!

Keep in mind that I will be heading to Disney in a few weeks to check these places out first hand so suggestions will help in that explotaion excursion :thumbsup2

But, I could not make this choice without the DIS experts! So convince me why your choice is the best for my little family. Keep in mind we are resort commandos! CL is a probability as well....

popcorn::

Disney has found a sucker in us! We just got another 40% PIN for various days up to 6/14. We are thinking of doing a week in early June when DD gets out of school. :cool1:

But I want to try a different resort! I am looking at GF, BWI or BC as my possibly choices. I would actully consider a split stay at the GF and and Epcot resort? Help a Poly addict go beyond her comfort zone!

Keep in mind that I will be heading to Disney in a few weeks to check these places out first hand so suggestions will help in that explotaion excursion :thumbsup2

But, I could not make this choice without the DIS experts! So convince me why your choice is the best for my little family. Keep in mind we are resort commandos! CL is a probability as well....

We love the Poly too! We've never done any of your three choices and of those the BC is the only one that holds an interest for us (my DH won't even walk into the GF). When you say you are resort commandos, do you mean you spent a lot of time at the resort? If this is the case, go with the theme that appeals to you. Being June, I would think the pool at the BC would be a big reason to pick that one.

I think you will enjoy a stay at BC/YC. My kids love Stormalong Bay pool. It also is a great location for getting home after the night events at EPCOT and MGM. We also enjoy the performers at night on the Boardwalk and all of the food choices including being so close to the countries at EPCOT.

We usually take the bus early to MK and then when it gets busy we ride the monorail over to EPCOT. Then we do rides as we walk back to the room. Another day we do the opposite. This way we don't use the busses very much.

I think you will enjoy a stay at BC/YC. My kids love Stormalong Bay pool. It also is a great location for getting home after the night events at EPCOT and MGM. We also enjoy the performers at night on the Boardwalk and all of the food choices including being so close to the countries at EPCOT.

We usually take the bus early to MK and then when it gets busy we ride the monorail over to EPCOT. Then we do rides as we walk back to the room. Another day we do the opposite. This way we don't use the busses very much.

We do the exact same thing!! We love the Epcot resorts for this reason....you have great access to parks, Boardwalk entertainment, the BC bonfire and movie on the beach and the fabulous pools (we like both Boardwalk and BC pools, but have to give the edge to BC). I think my DH thinks Epcot is the TTC as we manage to route through there just about everyday!!

It is great to be at MK in the am, pop over to Epcot, then mosy over for a dip in SAB. It is also a great location if you have a stroller, as there is a minimum of stroller wrangling on buses as well!!

So, I also recommend BC, especially during swimming weather...but Boardwalk is also very nice!

My family's favorite: split stay GF and BC. MK/AK for first 1/2 of trip; EP/DHS for second. Courtyard pool and ping pong table, GF lobby atmosphere, and easy access to MK. Followed by SAB, boardwalk festivities, and easy access to Epcot. We typically do rope drop, return to the resort after lunch for pool-time and relaxing, and them back to the parks at night for food, fireworks, and more fun. Can't beat the convenience of staying at both a monorail resort AND an Epcot resort...

I'd pick BC if I had to make the choice. I loved Poly too, and was impressed with the BC when DSIL and DB stayed there last August. The room was nice and I liked the resort and the pool. We always eat there every trip and shop in the store so.... I'd pick BC to try.

Thanks for the advice...we are going to resort explore while we are there. I like the idea of the split to take advantage of the proximity of two areas.

DH still wants Poly to be part of the split stay and in my heart I do too but I always wonder??? We shall see :rolleyes1

If you plan to do a split stay beteween the Grand Floridian and an Epcot Resort, I would go with the Boardwalk. In my opinion they have a much better and atmosphere, because I find the Beach Club a very boring place to stay.

I've stayed at the Boardwalk, and while the DVC villas were a little cramped (though we packed them to capacity), Boardwalk was fun to wander around. It was a quick walk to DHS or to the World Showcase, and since I am a big fan of Epcot, another round of Boardwalk would be my choice.

Plus, it would be easy to stagger back after spending a few hours at Jellyrolls.

I hate packing our stuff up mid trip, so I wouldn't split the trip up. We love heading over to Epcot at night after doing rides all day and just eating and talking about the day. If that sounds like your family then you will love the Boardwalk area. We have stayed at BWI, and a one bedroom at the BWV. We really liked the one bedroom better than the BWI(it was even Concierge Level). Haven't stayed at the BC, but are considering it for a future trip. The pool at BWI is the Keister Coaster, kids loved it, but the pool at the BC is supposed to be almost a small waterpark.

Hope that helps!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter