Exiting MK Parking Lot to Center Dr.

MickeyMinnie1971

DIS Veteran
We just recently moved to Windermere about 2 miles from cast member parking at MK. I know how to get in to MK parking lot using Center Dr, but I haven't been able to figure out how to get back home that way. Is there a way to exit MK parking to get back to Center Dr.?

I don't think there is one directly out of the parking lot, but I believe there is a u-turn a little bit in front of the MK auto plaza, just past the AAA car place, to go back towards MK.

We are also in Windermere. If you are leaving the MK parking lot when you are coming along the front of the Richard Petty driving you will see a sign that says exit and shows that you keep to the left...if you turn to the right just past that sign you will drive through some more of the parking lot and then exit to the right onto Grand Floridian Way and then you can return back to Windermere that way or go in front of the Poly and turn left at the corner and come back past the Contemporary. It's sooo much easier than going the opposite way to get home.

I know this doesn't make sense but try and google map it or keep an eye as you are leaving and you will get it figured out. If you go to MK that way also look as you are going to MK and you will see that exit as you travel the road and it will be easier to find when you leave. As a FYI when you leave the actual parking lot you will be going out an armed gate that will rise when you reach it.

Liz

We are also in Windermere. If you are leaving the MK parking lot when you are coming along the front of the Richard Petty driving you will see a sign that says exit and shows that you keep to the left...if you turn to the right just past that sign you will drive through some more of the parking lot and then exit to the right onto Grand Floridian Way and then you can return back to Windermere that way or go in front of the Poly and turn left at the corner and come back past the Contemporary. It's sooo much easier than going the opposite way to get home.

I know this doesn't make sense but try and google map it or keep an eye as you are leaving and you will get it figured out. If you go to MK that way also look as you are going to MK and you will see that exit as you travel the road and it will be easier to find when you leave. As a FYI when you leave the actual parking lot you will be going out an armed gate that will rise when you reach it.

Liz

I saw that gate on Wednesday when I was leaving MK. My GPS sent me that way, but I was afraid to try to go out that way. I wasn't sure if it would let me out or if it would get me questioned by security that was nearby. I'm a worrier...

I saw that gate on Wednesday when I was leaving MK. My GPS sent me that way, but I was afraid to try to go out that way. I wasn't sure if it would let me out or if it would get me questioned by security that was nearby. I'm a worrier...

It's not a problem at all. I have gone out it with security sitting nearby. My guess is the gate is there to keep people from zipping out into the street unknowingly. They seem to have those gates lots of places. There is one in the Epcot back cm lot too and coming out of the hotels.

Liz

It's not a problem at all. I have gone out it with security sitting nearby. My guess is the gate is there to keep people from zipping out into the street unknowingly. They seem to have those gates lots of places. There is one in the Epcot back cm lot too and coming out of the hotels.

Liz

I guess I will give it a try. It will be a big time saver. Thanks!

I guess I will give it a try. It will be a big time saver. Thanks!

It is...I will say it's the one "bad" thing about living in this area.And if this is the worst thing about the area we have it good! I HATE driving past the MK to get into the parking lot to go in and then have to leave going the opposite direction of my home. Haha wish I could just park in the Cast parking behind MK. I am one that does not like to back track when I am driving (or flying).

Liz

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter