"Exit Row" on Delta flights

DaveKr

Earning My Ears
I was just curious if anyone has tried to get an 'exit row' seat on a Delta flight, and how successful you were.. I like exit rows because they have more legroom.

Dave

I had an exit row but it was assigned to me on the day of dept and I had gotten to the airport 2 hrs prior to my flt.

After getting bumped off our original flight, Delta put us on another flight, but inadvertently gave my 14 yo DD a seat in an exit row and since you have to be 16 to sit there, my DS switched seats with her and he was very happy for the extra room!

Exit rows can only be assigned at the airport, because you have to be able-bodied, above a certain age, and able to assist others (I guess you have to be able to speak English?). Go early if you hope to snag a seat in one.

Some airlines do now allow exit rows to be assigned through their website within 24 hours of departure. I know NW does. Not sure about DL.

Also, most airlines allow their frequent flyers to get an advance exit row seat assignment.

I purchased our tickets at the airport because we had vouchers due to a price drop on our previous trip and asked for and received four exit rows seats for our family. Husband and sons always are happier there. I bought the tickets months ago for Dec. trip.

If you want an exit row (and you can not have kids sit in it), you need to arrive early to check in and then request it. Airlines assign exit rows on day of flight and only to persons they confirm (by sight when checking in) are adults and able bodied.

My DH is a "Mediallion"( elite level for flying so many miles per year) flyer with Delta airlines. There are certain seats on each flight that are reserved for Mediallion flyers and are reserved for them until at 2 hours before flight time. After booking many flights for him online I have discovered that..... there is a iternaries section that allows you to pick your seats. There are different seats reserved for elite members and they only show available if u are a Mediallion member.The seats that are reserved for Mediallion members are the front rows of coach and the "exit rows"-so if u are a Mediallion member u can select them when u make your reservation or if u aren't they are available right before flight time.
Maureen

We fly Delta Express from LI maybe their policy is different from Delta's. Each time I have asked , if the seats are open, we get them. They do always ask if each person is over 16 and capable to handle the emergency row requirements.

I just recently booked airline tickets for Delta flights. I did it over the web. My fiance hates planes, and likes exit rows the best because of the extra leg room. When I booked online, I was able to select exit row seats. Since I selected exit row seats, I had to confirm that we met the requirements by clicking some agreement button. Also, we had previously signed up for the frequent flyer program, but we are no where near any level so I don't think that played a factor for us.

Same thing here on Dalta Express. We were able to book exit row seats for our return flight no problem using Delta's website. Just confirmed that we were over 16 and able bodied.

Exit row seats were assigned to us because of a change in equipment. We were originally altogether on one type of plane. When Delta changed the plane type, we were split up with about 20 rows between us and our 2DDs.

When I called and explained the situation (this flight was sold out mind you) they moved DH and me to the exit row so now we are only two rows away from DDs.

The day of departure we hope to get there early enough to get all of us together. The Delta agent told me that these seats were FF seats held for the day of departure, but because of our situation she was able to release them to us. She couldn't do any better to get us all together though.

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

We are flying Delta Express from Boston to Orlando in Sept. and have exit row ( row 10 ) seats assigned on both flights.

I would imagine it's easier to find them on DL Express because there aren't a lot of Medallion-level travellers using it. They would most likely be flying on mainline Delta.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter