Exhaustion could be caused by yeast overgrowth

msd1776

Mouseketeer
I saw a recent episode of dr. Oz that talked about yeast overgrowth. It talked about cutting out added sugars from your diet e.g. Soft drinks, ice cream, fruit drinks, etc. and cutting back things like pasta and breads. It also talked about adding probiotics. I am curios to know if anyone has tried this and what success or challenges they faced. Also curious on the side effects of probiotics. How quickly did you feel better?

I went gluten, wheat and sugar free one year ago and have never felt better. Lost weight, gained energy, and my osteoarthritis is nearly gone. Sugar is poison.

I wonder if sometime I will feel the same about sugar being poison....it could happen!

Congrats to you on feeling better!

Same here, gave up bread/pasta, simple sugar fruits, and most refined sugar, well, all white foods too. Instantly lost 30 pounds, and felt great. My weakness is ice cream and fries, if u completely gave those up I'd probably drop another 30.

I saw a recent episode of dr. Oz that talked about yeast overgrowth. It talked about cutting out added sugars from your diet e.g. Soft drinks, ice cream, fruit drinks, etc. and cutting back things like pasta and breads. It also talked about adding probiotics. I am curios to know if anyone has tried this and what success or challenges they faced. Also curious on the side effects of probiotics. How quickly did you feel better?

I can't comment on cutting out sugar, pasta, etc because I have a hard time doing that. ;)

However I did finally take a probiotic every night and that has really helped me overall. I take Philips Colon Health. I would say that after a couple of months I am better with it for sure.

I am (mostly) wheat free, and I don't eat much in the way of grains either. I do love ice cream ;) but quit pretty much all processed food. I've lost a little weight, have more energy than before, and am much less hungry than I used to be. I thought the transition would be hard, but it wasn't at all.

Check out Wheat Belly. Really interesting book.

I always have way more energy when I cut out most sugars, processed foods and white flour.

You likely will have an energy spike and weight loss if you cut out simply, processed carbs. I did that a few years ago (no pasta, bread, cake, cookies, ice cream etc).I also gave up fried food. My energy level went up and I lost weight. It's my new normal now so I can't say whether my energy level is still increases or not. I do have to say that if you can get through a few weeks without these foods you won't want them and they will taste gross. I've tested myself a few times. Ice cream is completely gross to me now.

I cut out soda's and chocolate (my two addictions!) as well as cut back on carbs (no white bread at all) and all unnatural sugars (no desserts and only drinking water) and have lost 21 lbs in three months. I bought a book called Belly Fat Cure and started following that for the most part. It's not been hard-except for the Coca Cola and chocolates!

I don't drink pop (maybe a glass every few months). I don't eat meat. I don't eat dairy. I very rarely eat anything fried. I also don't excerise unless you count cleaning and walking the dog, and I have a job that keeps me on my feet all day.

I drink coffee (with a little sugar). I eat LOTS of fruits and veggies. I eat carbs, mostly whole grains, but I do eat some refined and I do eat potatoes once a week or so. I also eat sugar, not a lot but I do bake. I eat beans, seeds and nuts. I do eat some processed foods (usually ones with healthy ingredients and a short indredient list but not always. I eat soy products.

I rarely eat out and do all my own cooking. I don't count carbs, calories, fat ect. I eat whenever I am hungry. I am never tired unless I slept less then 6 hours. I don't have a "wheat belly". I have never struggled with my weight and technically could stand to gain 5-10lb. We keep our house stocked with tons of fresh fruits and veggies and keep them washed, cut up and easily accessible for quick snacking.

I quit soda a few months back. It was ridiculously tough and I only usually drank one a day. It's only been w/in the last couple of weeks that I realized the craving was gone. I also realized last week that my knee that used to cause me constant pain - constant - hasn't bothered me at all recently. I do feel better now I need to cut more junk out of my diet.

Thanks, you guys give me hope...not drinking pop over the past two days was fine but I am really craving sweets. Thanks too for the book tips, I have a lot to learn as I've certainly developed bad eating habits over the years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter