Exercising on the Cruise

Ivory

Mouseketeer
Other than jogging, does DCL offer any classess. I know they have a gym, but just wondering if they have yoga, spinning, step classess ect.

Also does anyone know if there is a charge, for the use of they gym, as well as classess, if any?

Thanks everyone, for your repsonses in advance.:goodvibes :goodvibes

Other than jogging, does DCL offer any classess. I know they have a gym, but just wondering if they have yoga, spinning, step classess ect.

Also does anyone know if there is a charge, for the use of they gym, as well as classess, if any?

Thanks everyone, for your repsonses in advance.:goodvibes :goodvibes

The run to Castaway cay for a hammock is very good!:rotfl2:
The run to get a boarding ticket 1 at port is fast.
The run to get palos on board is also fast!

Sorry to joke, I am not sure of the rest, will read up!

OK

Passporter

Aerobic's studio, fitness classes, seminars, fatburner, pilates, de stress, step magic.

personal trainer has charge per hour.

Yes, there are lots of classes. They offer spinning, yoga, pilates, aerobics and stretching classes. I do not believe that there is a charge for any of them but there is limited space that is first-come, first-served. There is also no charge for using the fitness center.

The gym on the Magic is very nice - its at the front of the ship and looking out on the ocean is amazing! going back to my stinky gym today made me very sad!

Anyway, they had great spin classes around 8:30 every morning - first come first serve. And very nice cardio equipment - lots of treadmills, ellipticall, bikes and weights - very nice gym I thought, clean towels, water cooler etc.

My 14 year old daughter wants to keep in shape for soccer and wants to use the exerices equipment, but I have read that no kids under 18 can use the facilities. Is this true and is it strictly enforced?

The gym on the Magic is very nice - its at the front of the ship and looking out on the ocean is amazing! going back to my stinky gym today made me very sad!

Anyway, they had great spin classes around 8:30 every morning - first come first serve. And very nice cardio equipment - lots of treadmills, ellipticall, bikes and weights - very nice gym I thought, clean towels, water cooler etc.

Great to know!! Thanks! Plan to spin and run on the treadmill so I can enjoy the Mickey Bars. :)

I'm not one to go to the gym at home, so I've pretty much avoided them on cruise ships, too. I use the stairs whenever possible instead of the elevator. I also do a lot of walking in port, as well as around the promenade deck on the ship.

My 14 year old daughter wants to keep in shape for soccer and wants to use the exerices equipment, but I have read that no kids under 18 can use the facilities. Is this true and is it strictly enforced?

Yes, the gym is an 18 & over and it is strictly enforced. She will not be allowed in. The Stack (teen club) does go up once or twice on the 7-day sailings but it is scheduled for later at night (9-10pm or so) for just 30-60 minutes each time. That is the only time teens will be allowed in the fitness center.

She will be able to run/jog on Deck 4 all she'd like. She really won't get that out of shape in a week. DD15 is a dancer and didn't exercise once on the ship (unless you count all of the running around she did with The Stack). She had no problem getting back into the swing of things when she returned.

They also have personal trainers who are very good. If you book three sessions there is a significant discount.

NO she cannot go into the fitness center (unless the stack goes). I find the best way to stay in shape on board is to have a no elevators rule. If she stays off the elevators and climbs those 12 stories of stairs everywhere she goes for the week she will stay in surprisingly good shape. Of course she can also run/walk and play basketball on deck.

Its a sign up sheet...

The very first day... go sign up as soon as you board..

Nope, not anymore. It was like that on our March 06 cruise but we just got off the Magic and when I went there upon boarding to sign up, they told me it is now first come, first served. They were supposed to have a class on St Maarten day, and no one else showed so they didn't have it. So ultimately I never made it to the spin classes because I worked out earlier or later--that 8:30 time just never worked with my family's schedule this cruise (except on the one day they cancelled the class!).

We are sailing on the Magic 4/19. My husband and I are "gym rats". We work out 6 days a week and spin 3 days a week. I know I cannot keep this pace up on the ship but I am going to try my best to get a few workouts in. Don't want to come home and start from scratch. I did see the spin bikes on the DCL video. I didn't see them on the cruise ship videos. Is there spinning on the Magic? How many ellipticals are there? Is it super crowded??? we are early risers so I don't know if that will help. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks.
Terri

There are about 10 bikes on the Magic and spinning was offered at 830 am most days. A couple of days at 4:30 pm as well. There are a bunch of ellipticals--maybe 8 or 10? I was at the gym a couple of times at 7:30 am and it was pretty quiet in there.

I am pretty sure there are no longer aerobics type classes on either ship. They offer spin and maybe yoga on CC or an open deck somewhere, but from what i remember after the fitness center refurb there is no room for aerobics.:mad:

If someone has recently sailed and can correct me, I'd love to hear where they held such classes!:confused3

Thanks!

I'm on a spring break cruise that appears to be very full. How early should I get to spin class to get a bike?

Do they still offer a pilates class or pilates/yoga combo?

What time does the fitness center open in the morning?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter