Excuse the rant, but I need to get this out...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow.... I never knew a thread could get so depressing...

:grouphug:

Anyway, it's all because of assumption. We assume what we don't know into to something dramatic because our lives are too boring in the real world. Which is why we have taken and the family stuff. Yes, it's extremly annoying and very hard to ignore. But there isn't really any thing to do. We can't slap (not literally) sense into people over VMK's chat abilities. I suggest putting the ignore button on anyone who even suggests that you cheat. If they get your friends to believe what they say, then those aren't true friends. If they constantly talk about you to other people and report you then report them for harassment.

Most of them are kids Ya know, the ones who "didn't see" that you had 'Ask before trade' in your signature until after they sent the trade request.

i must say that i'm very impressed with both your writing styles and attitudes towards people.. i would just like to say that this is the ONLY justified rant i have ever heard.. you absolutely have the right to feel this way, especially since you have worked so hard to attain your VMK goals and achievements.. i know why people do this to you.. it's very simple: Jealousy. People see you walk down main street and say to themselves "self, why can't i be lucky and hard working like her?", but rather than commend you for your achievements, they feel angry at themselves for not pursuing their VMK goals, but for one reason or another take it out on you.. if any of you people are out there reading this, you should be ashamed that you put this woman through hell and back over a virtual GAME!!! that just goes to show what kind of people you are that get so caught up in a game that you ignore all your morals and values and treat this woman how you did.. pathetic :sad2:

At one point yesterday a thought ran through my head... I've pretty much hit a high point in this game and realized I can do almost anything I set out to try and do. So maybe it's time to move on. But I had to leave that message for all those who think they can get away with slamming people behind their back.

Throughout the day I've been hopping back and forth and reading responses to what I wrote. I wasn't expecting anything. As a matter of fact, I was expecting to get responses from those who do have issues with me. But it's been all supportive. And it's made me realize something.

I don't enjoy this game because of my accomplishments. I keep coming back every day for a reason. Yes, I get excited with new stuff. It's that collector in me. But more so, I come back each and every day because of the people who I have met and can now call friends.

We've never met in real life. I have no clue how old the person is on the other end of the screen. I don't know what real world interests they have (other than Disney). Yet, if I can get along with them so well. To laugh and joke and play around. That is what keeps me coming back day after day.

Most of this anger came not from how this affects me, but from how it affects my friends. When they have to hear this stuff, it affects them as much as it does me.

When I say I'm over it, it means that I no longer feel anything for those people I've brought to light in my post. They can continue to be petty and crude. But it matters not to me. I have people to go to who won't be that way. And throughout today, I've found that there are even people I've never met who I can go to without having to change my image.

Why should I change and be what others want me to be? What right do they have to dictate what I am to do with my things? This is me. This is who I am. And this is how I'll stay. Respect that. And then maybe I'll respect you in return.

Live and learn. It's a game. But it also holds some life lessons. This day has taught me that although there is a lot of cruelty in this world, there's much more generosity and support to push back.

A heartfelt thank you to all of you who have shown your support and comments. It gives me hope that VMK isn't such a bad escape from reality after all.

Hope to see you all there...

Dragon, you said that better to yourself than I could have ever tried. Don't be like the crowd and act as though you are one of them. Be who you want to be. Clearly who you want to be is someone who should get respect. You deserve it, you did all the hard work, the trading and the long hours spent on Jungle Cruise practicing to get a high score, akin to my long hours on Fireworks (high score is now 263,548)! No one will ever have quite the ability, nor skill to ever get to where you are. You have learned the one true thing about VMK. It isn't for the stuff, it is for who you meet. I have met lots of great friends on VMK but I have also met a lot of people who tried to take advantage of me when I was just starting out. I got a lot of raised eyebrows and talk behind my back when I was a guest who already had a few of the game's magic pins and all the stuff from the parks. Back when I started, it took about a month or two to become a regular player. In conclusion, I have the utmost respect for you, mastering two of the most challenging games in VMK. But I also have respect for you because you know the both sides of respect. Anyways, if you ever see me on VMK, I'll be glad to put you on my list as a new good friend. :)

As Tigressjewel said, I have not heard of you either. So many times I read these threads and wonder why we can't go back to the "good old days" on the DIS when vmk first started. Fabulous, unselfish people on the DIS began threads for what people wanted. Other DIS went out of their way to gift their fellow DIS friends. Lifelong lasting friendships with players were formed because we found a common interest in Disney. However, somewhere along the way, things got distorted. I think jealousy, greed, and immaturity became common place in threads and posts.

Yesterday I sat in Doc's trade room. I was looking for an extra pirate fire wall to put in my new pirate room. I was reading this thread while in there. People were begging me for trades like crazy. They were offering things of unfair value and I began to think, I might as well just give it away. So I hope all those people who I gifted in her room will remember what was done for them, and return the Disney magic to the game. I couldn't believe all the people in there who had NEVER been gifted in the game before.

I know the green monster overtakes me at times too. I guess with all my rambling, I'm trying to say that I'm sorry greed and jealousy have become so commonplace in the game. The DIS vmk "good old days" are gone. Hopefully we can all do our part in bringing back the magic to dis and vmk. Here's wishing for the magic to move forward in an excellent way. As Bill and Ted said, "Be excellent to each other...

and party on dude"

lovethattink said:
As Tigressjewel said, I have not heard of you either. So many times I read these threads and wonder why we can't go back to the "good old days" on the DIS when vmk first started. Fabulous, unselfish people on the DIS began threads for what people wanted. Other DIS went out of their way to gift their fellow DIS friends. Lifelong lasting friendships with players were formed because we found a common interest in Disney. However, somewhere along the way, things got distorted. I think jealousy, greed, and immaturity became common place in threads and posts.

Yesterday I sat in Doc's trade room. I was looking for an extra pirate fire wall to put in my new pirate room. I was reading this thread while in there. People were begging me for trades like crazy. They were offering things of unfair value and I began to think, I might as well just give it away. So I hope all those people who I gifted in her room will remember what was done for them, and return the Disney magic to the game. I couldn't believe all the people in there who had NEVER been gifted in the game before.

I know the green monster overtakes me at times too. I guess with all my rambling, I'm trying to say that I'm sorry greed and jealousy have become so commonplace in the game. The DIS vmk "good old days" are gone. Hopefully we can all do our part in bringing back the magic to dis and vmk. Here's wishing for the magic to move forward in an excellent way. As Bill and Ted said, "Be excellent to each other...

and party on dude"

Well said Tink...........it is because of people like you still here in the game that keeps the magic alive !

Gifting is fun, I don't have much , but I do enjoy giving smiles !

Tis the best feeling of all .

:grouphug:

:ccat: :ccat: :ccat: :tink: :ccat: :ccat: :ccat:

dragon, good friends are always behind you and will always have your back. it's just sad that good, true friends get deleted for not being on for a little while. and even THEN after you deleted them, they still have your back.

your old friend,
starmine

:grouphug: Hugs to you, Erin.

(We were traveling yesterday so I'm just now getting caught up on my DIS and found your thread.)

You've got a good head on your shoulders and a great attitude. Don't let the you-know-what's get you down.

There are two options for those playing VMK:

1. Have fun, make friends, learn to enjoy challenges and conquer them yourself.

2. Whine, cry, and wander around trying to beg stuff from those who embrace option #1, grow more jealous and less reasonablee day by day, and make life rotten for yourself and everyone around you.

I'm glad there are so many DISers who are embracing option #1 and supporting each other against all those #2 people!

i remember being in your room port inferno yesterday and this girl said you were mean for not trading your inferno (or was it stitch hat). . i dont know. . and im sure you remember too but i know you are really nice and am glad i found you and i wish i could have been a friend of yours

PopStar said:
dragon, good friends are always behind you and will always have your back. it's just sad that good, true friends get deleted for not being on for a little while. and even THEN after you deleted them, they still have your back.

your old friend,
starmine

I feel so embarrassed. :P

I have so many people asking to be on my list. And many of them that I refer to are true friends like many who have posted here. I wish I could add you all and keep you all. I've even gone so far as having a list off the list (a la staff) just because I feel bad when somebody says they asked to be my friend and I couldn't add them at that time. Don't want to forget about them either.

Sorry again for deleting you. :blush:

And again...to all of you responding...thanks so very much for your support. It really renews my hope in the goodness of people. :grouphug:

oh i hear ya dragon. :-) you're not alone. MANY ppl have accused me of stealing the green flips that i EARNED which totally stinks. Now they call me names and harrass me all the time. they say things like, " youre useless." " you cheater" and laugh at your face. sometimes, i just want to quit vmk.

oh and by the way, this is betinkerbell. im just on my cousin's account. he's new.

Hey there. I know "of" you from DIS, and just wanted to say that you should ignore those who are giving you a hard time. I know this isn't easy, but there will always be someone (real life or virtual) who will try and bring down others because of all they have. I come back to this game because of my many friends -- I would not enjoy it as much if it weren't for them. :)

Stick with your friends and be strong! Remember...it's not what you have on the outside, it's what you have on the inside that matters...and the same goes for the virtual world as well. :)

:hug:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter