Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

I was pretty far behind but I am caught up now! Looks like you had a great time at the Pirate party! So sorry your last night was so disappointing and that John felt so bad but glad you are back in WDW!

Glad to see you still around! I'm so behind on everything lately! Our last night was a bummer but we are back at our happy place so things are lookin gup!

I loved your last update!!! You are finally back at your happy place. John and his meds remind me so much of my diabetes. I either have to have my meds with me or be close to some sugary substance in order to bring my blood sugar back up. Ah, the joys of chronic health issues...fun, eh??

John's health issues are a pain in the rear end to deal with sometimes but it got better!

I bet you guys had a big sigh of relief at finally being back "home".

Too bad that Johns meds were still playing with him.

Finally you'll all be together soon!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The doctor had been playing around with his meds for a while so we knew that there was a possibility of some level drops. But, still knowing it and then actually dealing with it didn't make it any more fun.

Hi LIsa,
Sorry your cruise ended on such a disappointing note. I wish yall would have enjoyed it much more. We also went on a Disney Cruise for the first time this past June. We really enjoyed it and can't wait to book another one. Maybe yall will try again and have better results.

I hope John feels better for the Disney World portion of yall trip. Can't wait to read about it.

Jaime

I forgot to look.....are you doing a trip report? If you are, I wanna follow along. I think a cruise is in our future. Just gotta wait until I can convince my boss to let me off work for two week so I can do a cruise AND a long trip at WDW.

Yay! You're back in WDW!!!!

Our room was in Aruba 51, and we loved the location. We too found the bus stop to be very far away, so we always used the OPR one. We were usually filling our mugs anyway.

I love hopping to a park right away. I'll never be one to hit DTD or enjoy the resort when we first arrive. I need to get to a park!

Poor John. I hope that he wasn't feeling poorly for the rest of the trip.

I thought that was a great location too! I didn't even think about using the bus stop at OPR.

We were itching to get to a park even if it meant we were only going to be staying a few hours.

Great update, Lisa. So glad you guys were so happy to be back at Disney and that you were happy with your room location.

Hey Vacation Woman! I see that you've met up with two fantastic people in Marco.

YAY for being back on Disney dry land! :)

Yay! back on land.

We were happy to be back on dry land and it was even better that that land was WALT DISNEY WORLD!

Hurray!! Back in your "magical" place. Can't wait to hear more about it! Hopefully now you will be able to have a wonderful time once again.

We were all very happy to be back at Walt Disney World!

Yippee for being back in your magical place!
I was reading this update at work and was laughing so hard about your tooth that the other girls just had to know what was so funny so I just had to share! So thank you for lightening our moods today :-)

Can't wait to hear more!

Back when the tooth "incident" was happening, I was definitely not doing any laughing. But, after it was all said and done, I was laughing too. It still makes me laugh.

Reading your TR so makes me want to be in Disney right now! We have no trip planned and have talked of waiting till Dec. 2013 but I am not sure I can wait. I hope FD comes out so I convince the family or even just the hubby to go in Feb. :stir: I feel like a junkie that needs a fix. :smokin:I was talking to a woman I know at my grandson's soccer game the other day and she just mentioned she was leaving this Sat for her first trip to Disney and I was so jealous.:rolleyes2

Oh my! Whatever will you do while waiting on December '13 to get here? Heck, the way my trip reports drag on, you'll still be reading about our adventures.

This is for you Lisa. Click on the picture to see the video:

Thank you! I love those guys!

Yay! You are in DISNEY WORLD!! So excited for this part of the trip so I can imagine me being there!!! ;)

I'm soooooo excited to have read that you are looking into going to WDW next year. I know those two little ones of your's are going to love it.

Hey Lisa!! I finally got around to reading the last post about your cruise. I have to agree with you; some things are better left unsaid!! I can't imagine how upset Dale would have been under the same circumstances :headache:.

Dana! I told you it was pretty bad!

LOL at your tooth story!

It's funny now that I look back on it but it sure wasn't when it was actually happening.

I did but I posted it on the Cruise Critic BB, as I did HAL and not DCL. The excursions and general information are applicable to any cruise, though. It is at http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1644323 if you are interested. Cruise Critic is an amazing resource for any kind of cruise.

Ohhhhh, I am going over there now!

Lisa, the whole tone of your TR changed when you made it back to WDW! I'm glad that at least the disembarkation went smoothly and you found some helpful people that morning. It was very disappointing that you spent all that money and didn't really enjoy the cruise, but at least Hunter seemed to have had a good time. Just chalk it up to experience! Sorry that the whole medicine issue wasn't as balanced as you had hoped, and hope John did much better the rest of the trip.

Oh yeah, it was a whole different atmosphere and feeling. Looking back on it, we DID enjoy ourselves on the cruise. There are several things that I would do differently and I think that would make a big difference in our experience.

My nephew is 13 (his name is Hayden as well) and has Autism. My encouragement to them would be that they are fortunate to have discovered this so early. My sister-in-law and her husband had a hard time coming to grips with the fact that there son has autism and so missed valuable years where they could have been helping him.

My advice would be to educate those around him about the best ways to communicate with him and show him love. My nephew doesn't like hugs or to be touched. One of my little girls is a hugger so it breaks her heart that Hayden won't ever give her a hug good-bye. On the other hand it drives him nuts that she is always trying to hug him. We have been trying to find other ways for her to express her love and affection for him. It can get frustrating as his aunt to try to get some sort of communication out of him and I think the tendency would be to give up. But I have determined to try to have a relationship with him on his terms. He has finally gotten to the point where he will look me in the eye to answer a question.

One of the hardest adjustments is that he looks normal (no physical disabilities) and is athletic so teachers (and anyone he comes in contact with) have a hard time accepting that he has a disability when they first meet him.

If you have any more questions please PM me.

Merci

Thank you so very much for your post! I have forwarded it on to Jordan and Daniel.

Glad you weren't the only one to have their iron confiscated. I can understand why it's banned, but also why a lot of people don't realize it and bring them. And that porter sounds nice, and was lucky John was feeling generous! ::yes:: And lucky that you didn't lose another tooth at Electric Umbrella this time! :rotfl: Sorry John didn't feel well so you had to leave early, but it sounds like you got him his meds in time. And yay for another new section of CBR!!

Your pictures make me want to go to WDW this December even more! Too bad you didn't get pictures (at least not that you have posted yet!) of CBR, because if we go I have decided we are staying there this time! :banana: And, if we do go, it's during free dining, so that saves a good amount of money! pixiedust: He better say yes, because I may just go on another solo trip if he says no! :lmao:

I was so happy to see those irons lined up on the Security desk. It made me happy to see that I wasn't the only dumb bunny who packed an iron.

I would love love love to go to Disney at Christmastime! It's been years since we've been in the Winter. Back in 2000, we went over Thanksgiving week and, back then, they didn't change over to Christmas decorations until the day after Thanksgiving so we didn't get to see too much.

How great that you weren't the only criminal on board the ship!! Deliverance!! :goodvibes

John is a super tipper! He made that guy's day! And yay for being back at the World!! How lucky to get those buses so quickly! I'm thinking maybe Jesse really enjoyed the kool-aid? Aren't Dis meets the greatest!?!?!

I know! I was grinning from ear to ear when I saw all those irons sitting there.

John sure did make that guy's day. I was told that $5 a bag was a "good tip". He gave the guy about $16 a bag.

Did you check both sides? We had that happen for something...maybe it was our VERY late arrival "lunch". We walked in, thought it was closed and it sure was empty. A CM directed us around to the other side. I'm shocked that it wasn't open, especially given the fact it was during first seating. We eat late and it bites us in the behind at times but at "normal" dinner time that just doesn't make sense.

We did. We walked all the way through and the whole place was shut down. I thought it was supposed to be open pretty much all the time.

I have heard that the smell is common. We've been lucky on both cruises. Though we had a verandah both times, I don't think hat helped with smells as we never left the door open. Still, I think I will always pack an air freshener to be safe!

The poop smell was definitely in the room all the time but it wasn't super overwhelming, just enough that I wanted to spray something to keep it at bay.

I can't understand why she didn't even ask another CM. That's just unacceptable (as was Disney's response). I do find Disney to be inconsistent in that area. Amazing responses, twice, on merchandise. Horrible response from security at many many levels and a mediocre one from lost and found.

I don't either. She didn't try to help us at all!

I too have had great interactions with castmembers when I bought Disney merchandise but found out later that it was broken. They sent me a new one without asking that I return the broken item.

I won't get to our cruise portion for a bit still but we did the 4 night so maybe that will help illustrate the differences a little. I am glad it was 4 not 3 but do prefer the 7. We adored the Alaska cruise! Absolutely adored it. Feel free to check out pics, excursions etc in my TR from it. Also if you do end up considering it, and it is out of Seattle...I live here so am a good resource on local things here.

I'll definitely keep reading the trip report. I'd like to see the differences in the length of the cruises.

Between the fabulous (and very well tipped porter) and the lovely CM at Security I'm glad to see the day started off with the "right" kind of Disney Service. For future reference if you do cruise again, do know that Cabanas is open on departure day, and you can carry your own luggage off on the shorter cruises if you want to skip the lost luggage and no eating thing.

Our departure day was much much better than the previous evening.

Poor John, what a rough couple of days. I hope it levels out and the nap was just what he needed. Can't wait to see what you and Hunter did!

I attribute my mini "meltdown" on a lot of little things that would probably never have bothered us had John's condition not added to the situation. But, that's just one of those things we deal with.

Hee-Hee! I can just picture all of those irons lined up on the counter! LOL! :rotfl:

Ahhh.....back to your happy place! There's nothing better! :goodvibes

Yep, there were irons lined all along that Security desk! Made me smile!

Glad to hear your trip is looking up :)

It was definitely looking up!

Yay! You are back in the World.

Prayers for your friends. I am a preschool teacher at a church preschool. We have had many children with autism come through our doors. Each one of them is a precious child of God. Early Intervention is the key. It is great that they will be getting help for Hayden early on. Just let them know that this diagnosis does not define their child.

Thank you for the kind words! Hayden is alread in therapy and has learned many "signs" like "more" when he wants certain foods. They changed up his diet and he is going to a chiropraactor as well.

I know you must be thrilled to be back in the world and I'm so glad you got a great room location.

Ugh to those meds. What a bummer that you left them in the car, but perfect timing.

I remember your tooth story and it is still so funny!:lmao:

Yeah for a DIS meet - even a short one.

I'm not sure if I commented on the rude CM, but I am just shocked that she responded to you that way. Not cool at all.

:cool1: Woo Hoo for Soarin!

I have no idea why we left his meds in the car. We never leave them anywhere. Even when we go out to eat, I grab them and put them in my purse.

The rude castmember at the Cruise Line Guest Services desk left me in shock. I couldn't believe that she didn't try to help at all.

:goodvibes Glad you are back in your happy place - where you belong! We went to Epcot first that day too - so far I don't see us in your pictures.

How cool that you had time for quick DIS meet! :)

Glad you didn't have any "incidents" at Electric Umbrella this year! Can't wait to hear more!

I didn't know that ya'll were in Epcot that day! I would have looked for ya'll!

Hahaha glad to hear you weren't the only wild criminal with an iron on-board!! :rotfl:

I'm interested to hear which CBR building you end up liking the best! After Aruba, have you stayed in all of them now?

LOL at your tooth story!!! Definitely not the ideal place for your tooth to go hopping across the table!!

I know! It felt so good knowing that I wasn't the only one who brought an iron onboard.

We've stayed in all of the resort villages except the two Trinidad villages.

Lovin the update Lisa! :thumbsup2 Ahhhh.....Disney World home sweet home indeed!

We definitely had that Home Sweet Home feeling when we got back on Disney property!

I'm sorry to hear the news about your friends son. I don't have any advice but I wish the family well.

I bet you felt better when you saw all those irons! I know I would have:laughing:

I guess John did make that porters day with a $50.00. He probably thought everyone else was cheap after that!

I'll always remember your tooth story because I had the same thing going on with my front tooth at the time. It fell out at a couple of very embarrassing times.:blush:

I can't wait to hear how the trip went with Lacey and Jesse!

Please keep the prayers for the young family going! They are going to need them.

Like I said, I'd schlep around three bags for 20 minutes if I could make $50.00.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeystoontown
I thought that Cabanas was open during lunch and dinner hours but it sure wasn't that evening. We walked in and it was completely empty. Not one person in sight.

Cabans, as well as Topsiders, Beach Blanket Buff are not open for the first nights dinner and the last nights dinner. Probably to encourage people to go to the main Dinning rooms those nights, would be my guess. Also it's not a buffet when it is open for dinner, it is used to train new wait staff so it's actually a table service restaurant and they use a combination of the menus the other restaurants are using that night.

I've said it before but I'll say it again, you have the best info!

I think you should go do an Alaskan cruise next year, say, August 19, 2013???? I need some DISer friends to join us!

I read Cynthia's report (a couple times!) and it's so awesome - it's probably what convinced my DH to book the cruise!
PittypatBR- I'd love to hear about your research on Alaska and what you did. Did you do a TR?

Oh, do Alaska! If you decide to do that one send me a message and I will share all the research that I did for our Alaskan cruise this year. It was very simply the most wonderful and amazing experience I have ever had. :goodvibes

Ya'll are making me want to do more research on the Alaskan cruise! It was always my Daddy's dream to travel to Alaska but he never got the chance. Maybe I can fulfill that dream for him.

Yikes! Sorry your cruise had a not so happy ending :-(
Poor John, I can imagine how bad he felt. It's terrible when you want everyone to have a great time and something happens that you physically have no control over. Not going into details but my husband has a medical issue that sometimes causes my best laid plans to go awry so I can somewhat relate.
Can't wait to hear about your CBR stay-I love that place-and hope you guys have a much better finishing of your trip!

It's hard when you have someone in the family who has health issues that can throw a wrench into the bed laid plans. Oh well, I love 'em so I guess I'll keep 'em. :thumbsup2

John's comment about being stuck is why I don't want to go on a cruise. I am a control freak I'll admit it and stuck on ship in the middle of the ocean that i have no control over just don't sound like my cup of tea. At least if i'm on dry land as long as i have my car I can go. I am sorry it wasn't as fun but I'm sure y'all more than made up for it when you got back to CBR. :)

I'm thinking that we'll try a cruise again in a year or so. I'll just make sure that there's no medication changes before we go.

Aww, Lisa, so sorry to hear about the way your cruise ended. I know how hard it is to have to be the strong one and not show your feelings, but sometimes it just gets to be too much and you just have to have a good cry.

We love cruising, but I will admit that on our last cruise (not Disney), I did feel like we were stuck, but I think that was more about traveling with a 2-year-old that was too young for the kids club and having to entertain her night and day. Thank goodness she will be old enough for the kids club on our next cruise.

I can't wait to hear how your Disney portion goes!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure that we'll cruise again but it will be a year or two before we consider it.

My DH has been on a cruise before and loved it so now he's trying to convince me to go on one. My biggest hesitation is that I'll wind up feeling like you and your DH did-like I'm stuck in the middle of the ocean with no way off. So sorry you didn't have a good time though. :sad: I can't wait to read about the rest of your trip! (You are going to continue, right? ;))

I'd suggest that you give the cruise a try, especially if your husband loves it so much. It sounds like he knows the ins and outs which would be very helpful.

Lisa, I hate that your cruise ended on such a bad note. I remember saying to Davis that it was funny that we had seen y'all so much earlier on in the cruise and then after the Pirate night we didn't see y'all again. I wish you had been off having fun instead of dealing with the things you were. :sad: I admire your family for the way you handled such a stressful situation - in the midst of the crowd on the ship. I didn't even know the last part of your cruise was so bad.

Looking forward to you next installment - when you're back in your happy place! pixiedust:

Thanks! I think the "bads\" outweighed the "good" for us only because we were dealing with John's medication changes/trough levels/etc.

My parents have been long time cruisers. But they have no desire for a Disney cruise. And they will not book a cruise unless they can get it for $100 / night for each of them. They just returned from a ten-day cruise to New England and Canada. In one port, the Disney Magic was docked behind them. Mom thought it was ugly and looked like a pirate ship.

So, maybe you should try another cruise, but a different cruise line. Same ports (well, except for that particular "private island" -- but other cruise lines have them too) and shop around for a better price. If you are willing to do it again, that might be the better way to go.

Oh my! I can't believe that anyone would think that the Disney ships were ugly. I thought it was beautiful and the others were ugly.

If we do go back, I'm sure it will be another Disney cruise. For the most part, the service was pretty exceptional.

I have been reading your last few trip reports, quietly. I'm not much of a commenter But I thank you for sharing, you have much insight that makes me want to go again, and again, and again.
In Jan/Feb 2011 we went on the 4 night cruise and 9 nights in DW. It was my first time to Disney, any disney. I loved the cruise, especially for group that we were travelling with. My Parents-in-law, my husband and 2 girls aged 7 and 9. We skipped nassau (nothing on that island made me overly excited to go and there was plenty to do on the ship) and went on the aquaduck instead, we went to a couple movies, the theatre shows, and I loved Castaway Cay. My girls played in the sand all day and my husband snorkelled ALL DAY (he was burnt). I am sorry you didn't have the same great experience we did. And I am extra sorry you didn't get to eat in Animators Palette, which I thought was the best, theming and food wise. My husband would like to go on another cruise (he could take or leave the parks) and if we do I'd like to do more of the Disney boat tours (where they show you around the ship and explain different aspects) and the family friendly D-Lounge where they have family contestant type shows.
Anyhoo all this to say, I hope you do try again. I'm sure with a little extra looking over the navigator you'd find fun for the whole family, Grandma included!! :flower3: :beach:

Thanks so much for posting! If we do go on a cruise again, I'll make sure there are no medication changes just prior to the cruise and we get more involved in the goings-on on the ship.

Hey Lisa! Once again I had to play catch-up on your TR!

Sorry your cruise wasn't all that you had envisioned it to be. I'm glad that you have a little perspective now and feel a bit better about it. Jeff and I really enjoyed ours and are looking forward to taking the boys. But...so many factors play into whether you enjoy something or not. Just like WDW, I'm sure no 2 cruises are exactly the same. I hope you try it again!

Love the dancing pics...you really look like you are having fun! :banana:

Your bike trip looks fantastic! What beautiful scenery!

Kudos to you for holding the family together even when it's tough. Someone has to be the glue! Hang in there! ;)

Looking back on the cruise several months later, I am looking at the good more than I am the bad and think that we'll give it another shot in the future. Having said that, we don't want to take away from our Disney World time so we are going to have to start to work on getting away from the office for two weeks instead of just 11 days so that we can fit it all in.

Ahoy!

Funny!

How come when I try to talk like a pirate, I sound like I'm trying to speak in Scottish accent?? :sad:

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I thought I was the only one with that problem!!

Lisa, thank you for the pirate jokes.

Who said that I wasn't a Scottish pirate? :rotfl2:

I be new here Cap'n (though readin' along) but any adherin' to the pirate code is alright by me. I brought the rum. *passes the bottle* don't be mindin' me parrot much he won't bite yer, just likes a nibble now an again.
After them rough waters I hope yer all had smooth sailin'...errr walkin'... *ahem* Fare thee well ye matey's!

Welcome! I'm glad that you're here! I hope that you'll continue to follow along and comment from time to time.

One of our friends' first grandchild has been diagnosed with Autism and the family is going through a pretty rough time right now mentally. They are seeking out help/advice from other parents of autistic children.

Every time I see that sweet little boy's face, I think that this could be my first grandbaby. That his parents could be Lacey and Jesse. I've known this young lady since she was just 6 weeks old, she and Lacey grew up together and have grown into beautiful Godly women.

I would like to ask that those of you who are parents, siblings, aunts, uncles, grandparents or friends of an Autistic child, please take a moment and go to the Facebook page that they have created. It's titled "Hayden's Journey" and here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/#!/HaydensJourneyOurAdventure

While there are some local fundraisers listed on the Facebook page, please please know that I am not asking for you to make any donation of any kind as that is against the Disboard rules.

But, I would ask that, for those of you who believe in the power of prayer or even in positive thoughts, please say a prayer for this young couple as they prepare to fight this lifelong battle for their son. If you feel you have any tips or encouraging words that you could pass along to Jordan and Daniel, please do so.

Thank you all so very much!

Morning! I think that I posted replies to everybody's posts. The bossman is back in the office this morning and snarling like a bull because there are so many messages on his desk. I asked him what he wanted me to do..."stop taking message?" to which he laughed and said "thanks". I hope to get another installment written today. I find myself in need of a Disney fix!

I need a Disney fix also. I am not sure when we are getting back to Disney. I decided to do the responsible thing and do a cheaper trip next summer. We are going to SeaWorld and Aquatica for a week. I found a package on the website that was too good to pass up. We are taking my neice and nephew. They have never been to SeaWorld. We took them on their first Disney trip 2 years ago and their first Universal trip this past summer.

I am so sorry to hear about the diagnosis this family recieved about their child and I cannot imagine the journey they are about to take with autism. We will absolutely be praying for them and that God will find a way to make their coping with this easier and for peace to find a way to make life work for them on a day to day basis as I understand that this can be so hard for the child and the parents to find a way to communicate with each other as well as other things. I know this must be so hard for you too! Thank you for sharing this with us and giving us an opportunity to put them and you in our prayers! ::yes::

All caught up.

Sorry the last night was not magical but at least you did a cruise and now you can again or say you have.

Yeah we are at WDW. I love going to Epcot.

We were at CBR. That might have changed.

Sunsets, smiles & snails! Snails?
John asked me if I had taken pictures of the details in the room and I told him that I had not so he took a few for me to post on the Disboards:

DSCF2511.jpg
Hey! That's the phone on my desk at work!
Not quite sure what to make of that :confused3

Wow, you do like 5 updates to my one! LOL I had to go back 14 pages to where I last left off :faint: I just don't get on to do my updates and read others so much now that it's our busy season. I'm amazed at how much time passes before I can get on here.

It's all good readin of course tho :coffee:

I'm so sorry your cruise ended badly :( It did sound like lots of not so great and bad things happened during the last bit of it like DH not feeling well, rude annoying people, snotty cast members, the aqua duck having burning steps (what were they black or something?), no teens on the teen beach, and the dinner fiasco. The beginning parts of the cruise sounded good tho. Glad to hear your willing to give it another go.

Must have felt SOO great to get onto Disney property. I could just sense the relief in your writing. LOL.

Somehow I missed your last update. Ooops.

Glad to see you made it back to the World okay! I love Aruba at Caribbean Beach. We liked basically having three bus stops. We'd use Aruba or Jamaica or, if we were really tired of the bus, we'd get off at Old Port Royale and walk across the bridge.

Our May trip seems to have happened so long ago that I don't remember a lot of the details anymore. What day did you arrive at WDW after the cruise? I'm trying to match up our itinerary with what you update.

Can't wait to hear about Lacey and Jesse's arrival!

I just wanted to add that I am so sorry to hear about your friends' grandchild. I'm sure there are so many difficult things going through their hearts and minds right now. My prayers are with them!

Sorry no replies or update yet. I'm almost finished with the latest installment but things keep getting in the way of me wrapping it up.

I've also been working on trying to lower the cost of the 2013 trip. Mama has had to pay a good bit out-of-pocket for her upcoming eye surgery and it's cut into her vacation budget. We are seriously considering dropping down to a value resort because it would save Mama almost $700. That's a chunk of change ladies and gents! Or at least it is to her.

We are looking at Art of Animation and Pop Century. But, we love the CBR so that it's hard to do the deed. Ughh! Decisions! Decisions! IF we do change, then we are changing with the knowledge that, should a special offer come out that we can take advantage of, we are changing back to the CBR. No doubt about it!

Anyway, I need to get back to work. We had an adoption hearing this morning that went all askew so the office has been a madhouse all day long!

Sorry no replies or update yet. I'm almost finished with the latest installment but things keep getting in the way of me wrapping it up.

I've also been working on trying to lower the cost of the 2013 trip. Mama has had to pay a good bit out-of-pocket for her upcoming eye surgery and it's cut into her vacation budget. We are seriously considering dropping down to a value resort because it would save Mama almost $700. That's a chunk of change ladies and gents! Or at least it is to her.

We are looking at Art of Animation and Pop Century. But, we love the CBR so that it's hard to do the deed. Ughh! Decisions! Decisions! IF we do change, then we are changing with the knowledge that, should a special offer come out that we can take advantage of, we are changing back to the CBR. No doubt about it!

Anyway, I need to get back to work. We had an adoption hearing this morning that went all askew so the office has been a madhouse all day long!

Come to the POP side, we have cookies, and tie-dye cheesecake!!!! :lmao: Seriously though, I understand why you wouldn't want to "downgrade", but POP is an awesome resort and I'm sure it wouldn't cause you to lose any magic. Plus, there are lots of pluses! Shorter walks to the bus stops, gift shop, food court and arcade then at CBR (unless you are right next to OPR), just one bus stop so the buses get going to the parks/DTD faster, and the values just got free wi-fi and the mini-fridge, so it's not as much of a downgrade as it used to be! And POP has lots of fun activities going on all the time, the gorgeous walk around the lake and the ability to go over to AoA for a meal and to explore quite easily. And think of the money you will save :woohoo: If you do go with POP you know I will help if you have questions. And I have tons of pics that I can share too. :goodvibes

Hi Lisa!! I know what you mean about dropping down to a value resort! We are in the same boat if we want to go on the trip in May! Not staying at CBR and going to a value would be saving us $640!!! :scared1: That is a huge difference to us!!! However, like you, if a good offer comes along we will definitely be going to CBR!!! (Crossing my fingers that happens!) DH and I did stay at Pop Century back in 2007. It wasn't too bad. One of the biggest things we didn't like was waiting for the bus out in the blazing hot sun in August! (No covered bus stops!) But I figured, going in early May it probably won't be so bad. Not sure which value we sill choose yet though. Still looking around! I am just SO excited that we are actually going!!!!! :banana:

Forgot to add that I compared prices of all the value resorts.....POP is actually coming out the most expensive!! I don't understand why though. Very interesting!!!!

Forgot to add that I compared prices of all the value resorts.....POP is actually coming out the most expensive!! I don't understand why though. Very interesting!!!!

Lurker here. If memory serves, Pop is actually in a different county (or town or something) than All-Stars and therefore has a slighter higher tax amount. It stinks!

Lisa, thanks for your trip report! Sorry you didn't enjoy the cruise so much, but I'm glad you were able to start and end your trip at your happy place!

ps. Deedeew80, I told my husband the other day that I hope our DS looks just like your DS in your siggy pic - he is SOOOO adorable! Love that big, happy baby smile!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter