Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

I had intended to order the escargot prior to the trip and totally spaced! I suppose they do taste like mushrooms (which I love) but I'd never thought about it! I think Royal Palace is very pretty, we really enjoyed our meal there and good for all of you for stepping outside your comfort zone!

Love the porthole pics. While conceptually the virtual porthole seems cool, I need to see outside and would have a hard time with an inside room. I think for a first cruise, the 3 night would be hard. You are just getting your bearings and then off the ship. I found that the 4 night felt short and probably would have been far more disoriented had we not been on a 7 night before. If you do cruise again, you might like the smaller ships better too. I didn't find the Dream to really feel that much bigger...just taller.

Hey Lisa. I'm back and all caught up once again!

The boat tour looks cool! I know neither Jeff or I would have been able to handle the submarine part of the trip. The close quarters would have been too much for him and I'm not sure my stomach would have been happy about it! Looks like you saw some cool stuff though!

The driving in Nassau is definitely crazy! I had already known that before we arrived because I had taken a mission trip to Jamaica and they drive the same way! LOL! Jeff was not prepared though and was a bit frightened on our taxi trip across the city to the zoo!

We did the Nassau part of the tour on foot. We LOVED it! We saw all the same things that you did on your bus tour, but we were able to go at our own pace. We took a pic of that "protect ya tings" sign...do you remember it from my TR?? FUNNY!

Sorry you missed the Straw market...it is definitely an experience!

Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone and eating some different foods! That's what a trip like this is all about!

Oh.....and the elephant towel creation is adorable! :thumbsup2

Escargot has been on my "to try" list for a while. I will definitely have to try the mushroom ones since I love mushrooms!

Love the porthole pics! I completely agree about needing a window or verandah. I know that a lot of people don't like to spend a lot of time in their staterooms, but I love to be able to get away from the crowds and still have a beautiful view.

We are already looking at the menus for our cruise to see what we can force our girls to try. My youngest isn't quite at the point where she is nervous about trying new things but my oldest can freak out sometimes. It's hilarious, but she knows that the rule is to try at least three new things on every vacation.

Hope you are enjoying your weekend in Hot Springs. We were there a month ago visiting friends and picking up my grandchildren from camp. My friends live on the lake and have a party barge, so we had a lot of fun.
I am so proud of Hunter for trying the escargot. I have had them twice, both times on a cruise! Mine were in a garlic butter sauce, and all you could taste was the sauce, so I liked them. It is kind of like eating a chargrilled oyster - it is what is on it that is important! I love to try different things, so I really like the smaller portions they serve. My grandchildren are very adventurous in their food choices - they even like all kind of sushi as well as lots of ethnic foods. And we all love calamari!
I think you might like a cruise on a smaller ship. The ones I have been on carry fewer passengers so you don't get that overwhelming multitude of people!

Looks like you had a fun photo session in the port hole, LOL. I must say that is an awesome port hole/window, huge!

The first cruise I ever went on was with my parents, I think I was about Hunter's age, it was 4 of us in the room, my parents, my aunt and myself, and it was much smaller than your room, the rooms back then were REALLY cramped, it was basically 2 sets of bunk beds and we had a port hole but you had to pretty much climb on top of the chest of drawers/dresser to see out of it and it was high up, we have a pic of my mom sitting up there to take pictures, LOL

That Royal palace is a beautiful restaurant.

Glad you ventured out of your comfort zone, but I must say I was most shocked at Hunter's choice! I applaud his bravery, LOL I don't think I could do it. I have had that red caviar and I agree it is VERY yucky!! The funny thing is, I didn't know that's what it was when I had it, it was on a cruise at a Captain's cocktail party and they had it on the little hors' dourves' trays that came around (I am pretty sure I butchered that, LOL) and I think I thought it was jelly on a cracker, Imagine my surprise when I popped that bad boy in my mouth!!! LOL

I love your porthole pics. Too cool.
I do like Escargot too. I try to order them on every cruise....because they are free. i did once at a fancy restaurant...and they weren't as good there and Skip kind of complained that I ordered them...so I will stick to getting them on cruise. LOL

Happy Anniversary! :love:
I love the lamp shades. It's cool that they have a castle where all of the Disney parks are located.
Caviar?:sick: Escargot?:sick: Ok I admit I'm not a very adventurous eater, so I will leave the experimental eating to my DM and DD. ::yes::

All up to date and I love your postings. Since so many are old hatters at staying at the Caribbean Resort, can someone direct me where to see up to date pictures of the Jamaica section. I'm looking for inside pics of the room, how many floors and general, what's around that section. Thanks.

All up to date and I love your postings. Since so many are old hatters at staying at the Caribbean Resort, can someone direct me where to see up to date pictures of the Jamaica section. I'm looking for inside pics of the room, how many floors and general, what's around that section. Thanks.

Welcome! I have more pictures of Jamaica coming up soon! We've stayed in Jamaica quite a few times and we really enjoy that village.

Each of the CBR village buildings have two floors and, although there are no elevators, the stairs are easy to get up and down. Also in each village, there are quiet pools, laundry rooms, bus stop and sitting area. I believe there is also a small playground on the Jamaica beach.

If you have any more specific CBR questions, feel free to ask away.

Happy Anniversary! :love:
I love the lamp shades. It's cool that they have a castle where all of the Disney parks are located.
Caviar?:sick: Escargot?:sick: Ok I admit I'm not a very adventurous eater, so I will leave the experimental eating to my DM and DD. ::yes::

Thank You! We aren't very adventurous eaters either and usually stuck to what we know.

I love your porthole pics. Too cool.
I do like Escargot too. I try to order them on every cruise....because they are free. i did once at a fancy restaurant...and they weren't as good there and Skip kind of complained that I ordered them...so I will stick to getting them on cruise. LOL

Had we not been on the cruise (and knew that there were other options available), we would have never stepped out of our food comfort zone.

Looks like you had a fun photo session in the port hole, LOL. I must say that is an awesome port hole/window, huge!

The first cruise I ever went on was with my parents, I think I was about Hunter's age, it was 4 of us in the room, my parents, my aunt and myself, and it was much smaller than your room, the rooms back then were REALLY cramped, it was basically 2 sets of bunk beds and we had a port hole but you had to pretty much climb on top of the chest of drawers/dresser to see out of it and it was high up, we have a pic of my mom sitting up there to take pictures, LOL

That Royal palace is a beautiful restaurant.

Glad you ventured out of your comfort zone, but I must say I was most shocked at Hunter's choice! I applaud his bravery, LOL I don't think I could do it. I have had that red caviar and I agree it is VERY yucky!! The funny thing is, I didn't know that's what it was when I had it, it was on a cruise at a Captain's cocktail party and they had it on the little hors' dourves' trays that came around (I am pretty sure I butchered that, LOL) and I think I thought it was jelly on a cracker, Imagine my surprise when I popped that bad boy in my mouth!!! LOL

I am soooooo glad that I upgraded our stateroom from an inside stateroom to one with the big porthole. We all loved looking out of the porthole and seeing the view.

The caviar was just plain gross to me! I can see how you were super surprised thinking it was jelly and it turned out to be caviar. :headache:

Hope you are enjoying your weekend in Hot Springs. We were there a month ago visiting friends and picking up my grandchildren from camp. My friends live on the lake and have a party barge, so we had a lot of fun.
I am so proud of Hunter for trying the escargot. I have had them twice, both times on a cruise! Mine were in a garlic butter sauce, and all you could taste was the sauce, so I liked them. It is kind of like eating a chargrilled oyster - it is what is on it that is important! I love to try different things, so I really like the smaller portions they serve. My grandchildren are very adventurous in their food choices - they even like all kind of sushi as well as lots of ethnic foods. And we all love calamari!
I think you might like a cruise on a smaller ship. The ones I have been on carry fewer passengers so you don't get that overwhelming multitude of people!

We usually camp when we are in Hot Springs but it's too hot to camp right now. I can imagine that living on the lake there would be fantastic!

The escargot were in a garlic buttery type sauce too.

When my kids were younger, they would try anything and everything. Now...not so much.

Escargot has been on my "to try" list for a while. I will definitely have to try the mushroom ones since I love mushrooms!

Love the porthole pics! I completely agree about needing a window or verandah. I know that a lot of people don't like to spend a lot of time in their staterooms, but I love to be able to get away from the crowds and still have a beautiful view.

We are already looking at the menus for our cruise to see what we can force our girls to try. My youngest isn't quite at the point where she is nervous about trying new things but my oldest can freak out sometimes. It's hilarious, but she knows that the rule is to try at least three new things on every vacation.

If you like mushrooms, then I think you'd like the escargot.

I am so glad that I continued upgrading our stateroom until we ended up with the one that we had. The whole thing felt and looked bigger with that big porthole on the end.

Oh I like the rule...three new things on every vacation. We usually stick to just one new thing but I like the three better.

Hey Lisa. I'm back and all caught up once again!

The boat tour looks cool! I know neither Jeff or I would have been able to handle the submarine part of the trip. The close quarters would have been too much for him and I'm not sure my stomach would have been happy about it! Looks like you saw some cool stuff though!

The driving in Nassau is definitely crazy! I had already known that before we arrived because I had taken a mission trip to Jamaica and they drive the same way! LOL! Jeff was not prepared though and was a bit frightened on our taxi trip across the city to the zoo!

We did the Nassau part of the tour on foot. We LOVED it! We saw all the same things that you did on your bus tour, but we were able to go at our own pace. We took a pic of that "protect ya tings" sign...do you remember it from my TR?? FUNNY!

Sorry you missed the Straw market...it is definitely an experience!

Good for you for stepping out of your comfort zone and eating some different foods! That's what a trip like this is all about!

Oh.....and the elephant towel creation is adorable! :thumbsup2

I thought about you as soon as I stepped foot in Nassau! I remembered the cruise that you guys took and your tour through town.

Wasn't the elephant cute!

Love the Newsboys! Can't wait to hear about pirate night.

Pirate night was a blast and one of the highlights of the entire cruise!

I had intended to order the escargot prior to the trip and totally spaced! I suppose they do taste like mushrooms (which I love) but I'd never thought about it! I think Royal Palace is very pretty, we really enjoyed our meal there and good for all of you for stepping outside your comfort zone!

Love the porthole pics. While conceptually the virtual porthole seems cool, I need to see outside and would have a hard time with an inside room. I think for a first cruise, the 3 night would be hard. You are just getting your bearings and then off the ship. I found that the 4 night felt short and probably would have been far more disoriented had we not been on a 7 night before. If you do cruise again, you might like the smaller ships better too. I didn't find the Dream to really feel that much bigger...just taller.

Yeah, I don't think I would have enjoyed the room with the virtual porthole. I'm thinking that we would enjoy a four night cruise more if we ever go back. Like you said, it takes a while to get your bearings and I didn't really do enough research in order for us to really know what was going on and what we needed to do.

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! We went to Hot Springs, Arkansas this weekend and had a great time. I took pictures (like ya'll would ever question whether I would or not :laughing:) and will do a mini-trip report when I get a little more time. Work is pretty busy today.

Thank you all for the anniversary wishes! We went to Hot Springs, Arkansas this weekend and had a great time. I took pictures (like ya'll would ever question whether I would or not :laughing:) and will do a mini-trip report when I get a little more time. Work is pretty busy today.

Glad you had a fun anniversary get away! Your pictures peaked my interest in Hot Springs!! It has been a long time since I have been there!

Just caught up on all of your updates. I was thinking about taking the same excursion in Nassau so I was glad to read your review.

Got a little behind with my trip to the beach last week. Can't see your pictures from the last update, but that meal sounds fantastic, even if you didn't like the caviar! (Did I spell that right? I don't think so....:rotfl:). Not sure if I have ever tried it.

With your descriptions of the food, I seriously can't wait for my first cruise. Looking forward to your pirate costumes.

Just dropping a note to say that I love reading your trips reports! Your writing style is fantastic....it's just like you're having a little chat with all of us! Thanks for sharing your trips with us!:thumbsup2

Hello! Just thought I'll say hi :yay:! I read all of your trip report, I think there brilliant and help me with my disney withdrawals :thumbsup2. It sucks to live so far away from disney!! :worried:

IMG_0716.jpg

Almost not even worth posting! :laughing: This was my first plate from lunch at Cabana's on Thursday, May 24: some bread, veggies, and I can't remember what that was at the top! You can see a slice of pizza, too, probably on Luke's plate! I guess I was too busy eating the rest of the time because that's the only picture I took!

Glad you had a good time in Hot Springs - thought about y'all while we were shopping!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter