Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

That's so disappointing that the CM was so rude! IMO customer service is what Disney does best, so anything less than perfection is really frustrating.

Sounds like you liked the food pretty well though!

I'm so sorry that you encountered so many rude beachgoers. I can see how they ruined a nice beach day.

The bike tour looks great though, and I love your coverup!

Great update from Castaway Cay!! Boy, do I miss that place! It's changed since we were there, 7 or 8 years ago. I think we're due for a return, what do you think?

That is odd that there were no teens at their beach. Late night?

Heck yeah! If it's been that long since you've been there, you're certainly due for a return.

I never could figure out where all the teenagers were. I guess they were all too tired.

All caught up.

The Springs trip looked like fun.

I really do have to try a cruise. Castaway Cay looks nice. My friends family has a private island in the Bahamas, only 5 houses on the island and all theirs. That is the life. :rotfl2:

Looking forward to more.

P.S. loved the dancing photos. :lmao:

I certainly hope that you've let those friends know that you're certainly open to visiting their private island. Must be a great life they lead.

Yay! I'm all caught up! Loving reading about your adventures! LOL, almost arrested for an iron, who would have thought? You are a very attractive family, and you most certainly don't look like a "hot mess"!

I've always wondered if I would like to do a Disney cruise, and yours is the first TR I've read about one. So far I'm not sure. I've been on one cruise, on Norwegian cruise line's Norway, almost 20 years ago, so that experience doesn't count, plus I barely remember anything about it anyway. I just so love WDW, that I don't know if I'd be disappointed with the cruise.

Do you think it's worth the money? We're discussing this right now on FB on a private group page made up of DISers I became friendly with on the CB years ago, from posting frequently on a political thread. When we were no longer allowed to discuss politics, we made our own group on FB, and now discuss everything to our heart's content! Anyway, I digress. One of the women said her sister is going on the Disney cruise in November, and she'd like her, her husband, & 3yo daughter to go too, but it will cost $2400 for a five night cruise, and she doesn't know if it is worth it. I couldn't give her any advice, never being on a Disney cruise. I thought about directing her to your report. I calculated paying rack rate at Art of Animation, the basic meal plan, and park tickets would cost them about the same price. It does seem like a lot of money for a cruise, considering what you could do at Disney for five nights.

Glad to hear that you're all caught up. I can tell you 100% that if I were ever to consider going on a cruise again, it'd be a Disney cruise. I'd save a little more if I had to just to go on the Disney cruise instead of booking through another cruise line. Just looking at the ships that were docked near us made me realize how gorgeous the Disney ships are. It was very rare that we didn't see castmembers out and about keeping things clean. (and confiscating illegal irons :lmao:)

The cost of our 3 night cruise was almost as much as our 6 night stay at Disney. Did I think that it was worth it? Hum? That's a hard question. Looking back, I'd say yes. When we first left the ship, I'd have to say no. But, there were some circumstances that happened on our last night that put those thoughts in our mind. (Those circumstances will be in my next installment.)

I can say with 90% certainty that I would not want to go just on a cruise for our annual vacation. We are too hooked on our Walt Disney World vacations. I know that we would feel like we had missed out on all the fun that we have at Disney.

I think the perfect scenario for our family would be to take another 3 night cruise and then stay at Walt Disney World for our regular 10 nights. I'm thinking that's what we will be doing in a couple of years. Just gotta convince my boss to give me two weeks off. ;)

Feel free to send your friend over to have a read. Tell her to ask any and all questions that she may have. I'll try my best to answer them for her.

Oh, Lisa, they really should pick you. You would be a terrific Moms Panel member. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

Oh, I hope you make it! You would be perfect! :goodvibes

Thanks ya'll! Did either of you apply?

Wow! You had the good, the bad and the ugly all in one day! Good thing you got to the beach early and enjoyed some wonderful quiet beach time before everyone else got there. Too bad about the rude cast member. You were generous giving her a smile. I think she needed it!! Can't believe how parents can teach their children to do ugly things and then wonder why they turn out with the values (or lack of them!) that they do!:confused3 Your bike ride looked wonderful. I would have loved it and the view at the end was beautiful! Do the cast members stay somewhere on the island? I've just always been curious about that.

I'm really glad that we got to the beach early because it got more and more crowded as the time passed.

I have no idea what was wrong with the rude castmember that day. The line for the buffet is not that long so we could see (and the castmember could see) the others in front of already getting their food. It's not like I walked up to a place all boarded up and barged right in.

The bike ride was fun and the views were spectacular!

John and I wondered if ther were castmembers who lived on the island. I'm thinking that they do because we could see castmembers standing out there waiting on the dock.

Gorgeous pictures from the bike ride, which seems good since you had to deal with a rude CM and rude guests on the beach before that! :sad2:

I hope that the rude CMs attitude got better as the day went on. I've had bad days at work too but our clients never have a clue.

I've come to realize that many people don't give two hoots if they are rude or cut in front of you or say ugly things about others. It's like most people think they are entitled to everything.

That's so disappointing that the CM was so rude! IMO customer service is what Disney does best, so anything less than perfection is really frustrating.

Sounds like you liked the food pretty well though!

I'm so sorry that you encountered so many rude beachgoers. I can see how they ruined a nice beach day.

The bike tour looks great though, and I love your coverup!

I've always thought that Disney had the best CMs but I can attest that this wasn't the case for us this trip. There's another rude CM story coming up in the next installment.

The bike ride was so much fun! We had a great time. I bought that cover up at the end of the Summer year before last. I found it on a clearance rack for less than $4.00!

Well, I've been MIA, so I had to go back and catch up on the past three updates! So glad that your mama and Jesse and Lacey are getting to go to Disney with y'all in May next year! :woohoo:

Sounds like an interesting day at Castaway Cay! It looks beautiful, but I'm like you--I don't like being jammed up next to people when I'm at the beach. I'm there to relax-not sit right up under a stranger, especially ones who spray their suntan lotion or shake out towel sand in my direction!

The large main road down the middle of the island is a decommissioned runway back from when Castaway Cay then know as Gorda Cay was used for various things over the years. At one time a family used to live on it or had a summer home there. It has also apparently been used for drug and rum running.

Beautiful pictures! I'm getting all nostalgic reading this....I even wanted to board the ship when you posted this one:

There’s the Dream just waiting on us to come aboard:

P5260045.jpg

:sad:

Anywhoo - glad you found some souvenirs!

We rented bikes too! It was so much fun! ::yes::

Sorry about the rude CM and the rude people on the beach. UGH!:sad2:

Great idea to take a bike ride to get away from it all.:thumbsup2 You got some really beautiful pictures.:goodvibes

I can't seem to keep caught up! Going backwards....boy that lady must have been the sister of our "friend" at HDDR! Sometimes I wonder what got people into Customer Service...was she just plopped there and was unhappy with it?! Wow!!

The bike ride looked like my favorite part! The pictures were so beautiful and I just love the color of the water! The food looked pretty good too...all though it is lunch time so anything looks good right now!! :laughing:

All we had to do after donning our swimsuits and cover-ups was wait for the go-ahead to leave the ship and step foot on Castaway Cay (which, by the way is pronounced Castaway Key which is really odd because I don’t know about you guys and gals but when I see the word Cay, I pronounce it K). Hey, ain’t no sweat off my back if Disney wants to call it Key, Cay, Clippidy Clop or Kalamazoo, just so long as they let me visit their own slice of paradise. :beach:

I had no idea!! I have always pronounced it "K"! I guess you learn something everyday!!!

And finally....:banana: Mama, lacey and Jesse are joining you in May!!!! What fun!!!! :banana:

Hi there :) Great updates. Your pictures of Castaway Key are really nice. I'm sorry you had to deal with a rude cast member and an oblivious tourist. Great job riding the entire bike path!! Looking forward to next update . :goodvibes -Amanda

Loved your update!!! Wish I was back there again!!

We have booked a cruise for November out of Galveston....had planned on going back to Disney World in November but the Cruise Rates for Travel Agents were to good to pass up! We love Disney World..so I am second guessing this decision...but Loved being able to relax on the cruise....at Disney World we never stop!

I was a couple of updates behind, but I'm all caught up again! :cool1:

Sorry that your private island turned out to be a not-so-private experience. You were really smart to get there early and stake a claim before all the craziness happened.

Too bad that there weren't other teens around for Hunter. We have found that hanging out with others of his kind is a key factor for Nate to have an enjoyable trip.

Now I'm interested to know just how cold the water at CC was. I'm a New Englander, and water in the upper 60's here is about the best that it gets in summer, so I'm guessing I would have been pretty happy with the temps.

What a bummer with the grouchy CM "Would you like some attitude with your lunch?"

Food looked good though. Being at the beach always makes me sooooo hungry!

I can't believe all of the rude people you encountered on the beach. I wish people could really hear themselves or see the things that they are doing. Telling your kids to "Take a tube"?!? That's just wrong!

You were really smart to high-tail it out of there on the bikes and escape to some beautiful parts of the island.

PS- Good luck on the Moms Panel!!! You would be perfect.

I was a couple of updates behind, but I'm all caught up again! :cool1:

Sorry that your private island turned out to be a not-so-private experience. You were really smart to get there early and stake a claim before all the craziness happened.

Too bad that there weren't other teens around for Hunter. We have found that hanging out with others of his kind is a key factor for Nate to have an enjoyable trip.

Now I'm interested to know just how cold the water at CC was. I'm a New Englander, and water in the upper 60's here is about the best that it gets in summer, so I'm guessing I would have been pretty happy with the temps.

What a bummer with the grouchy CM "Would you like some attitude with your lunch?"

Food looked good though. Being at the beach always makes me sooooo hungry!

I can't believe all of the rude people you encountered on the beach. I wish people could really hear themselves or see the things that they are doing. Telling your kids to "Take a tube"?!? That's just wrong!

You were really smart to high-tail it out of there on the bikes and escape to some beautiful parts of the island.

PS- Good luck on the Moms Panel!!! You would be perfect.

I'm really glad that we made the decision to get to Castaway Cay early in the day. The longer we were there, the more crowded it got. I'm talking :crowded: crowded.

I actually thought about you when I stepped into the water because I knew that you would have enjoyed it. To us and quite a few others, the water seemed cold. We could hear people talking about the temp of the water and could hear the squeals when people waded in. For others though, it must not have been cold. They just went right on in. No getting used to the temperature at all.

I have no idea what the rude CM's problem was. The buffet line is short enough that you can see all the way to the end so there was no denying that she knew others had already gone ahead of us. I've had bad days at work but I have always put on a smile and done my job. Thank goodness the food made up for the rude CM.

I couldn't believe the people who were telling their kids to just take other's tubes. I would never ever tell (or let) my kids do that. It's just wrong!

I'd absolutely love to make it onto the Disney Moms Panel!

Loved your update!!! Wish I was back there again!!

We have booked a cruise for November out of Galveston....had planned on going back to Disney World in November but the Cruise Rates for Travel Agents were to good to pass up! We love Disney World..so I am second guessing this decision...but Loved being able to relax on the cruise....at Disney World we never stop!

What I wouldn't give to be back on a Disney cruise ship right now! Or at Walt Disney World! Or anywhere besides work. :rotfl2:

I looked at the cruises out of Galveston and there were some really good deals! I don't think that I'd ever want to give up a Disney vacation in favor or a cruise. We love Disney World too much.

Hi there :) Great updates. Your pictures of Castaway Key are really nice. I'm sorry you had to deal with a rude cast member and an oblivious tourist. Great job riding the entire bike path!! Looking forward to next update . :goodvibes -Amanda

Thank you! I've come to realize that there are bunch of fuddy duddy rude folks out there in this world but it doesn't make it any easier to tap down my anger at their rudeness.

Well, I've been MIA, so I had to go back and catch up on the past three updates! So glad that your mama and Jesse and Lacey are getting to go to Disney with y'all in May next year! :woohoo:

Sounds like an interesting day at Castaway Cay! It looks beautiful, but I'm like you--I don't like being jammed up next to people when I'm at the beach. I'm there to relax-not sit right up under a stranger, especially ones who spray their suntan lotion or shake out towel sand in my direction!

I've been trying my best to catch up with my subscribed threads and to update my trip report more often but I haven't caught up yet.

I have always tried to be mindful of those around us (in the parks, on the beach, etc.) but these folks didn't seem to care if they sprayed us or threw sand on us. It was plain old rude.

The large main road down the middle of the island is a decommissioned runway back from when Castaway Cay then know as Gorda Cay was used for various things over the years. At one time a family used to live on it or had a summer home there. It has also apparently been used for drug and rum running.

You always have the coolest posts!

Ugh, rude people are miserable to be around! You had the right idea just getting out of the for your bike ride! What a fun idea!

As I'll explain in my next installment, John wasn't in the greatest of moods by that time of day and I knew that I had to get him outta there before he said something to the rude folks.

The bike ride was just what we needed and the views were gorgeous!

Goodness, no! I've only been three times. And I'm a grammie -- do they even have grandparents on the panel? (Yes, I know they have dads.)

I'm sure that grammies are welcome on the Moms Panel!

Beautiful pictures! I'm getting all nostalgic reading this....I even wanted to board the ship when you posted this one:

:sad:

Anywhoo - glad you found some souvenirs!

We rented bikes too! It was so much fun! ::yes::

I always think about you and our conversations on the ship when I look back at my pictures. We're slowly coming around to the idea of cruising again.

Sorry about the rude CM and the rude people on the beach. UGH!:sad2:

Great idea to take a bike ride to get away from it all.:thumbsup2 You got some really beautiful pictures.:goodvibes

I was determined that I wasn't going to let the rude CM ruin our lunch or the rest of the day.

I'm so thankful that we decided to take the bike ride. It was great to get away from the crowds on the beach.

I can't seem to keep caught up! Going backwards....boy that lady must have been the sister of our "friend" at HDDR! Sometimes I wonder what got people into Customer Service...was she just plopped there and was unhappy with it?! Wow!!

The bike ride looked like my favorite part! The pictures were so beautiful and I just love the color of the water! The food looked pretty good too...all though it is lunch time so anything looks good right now!! :laughing:

I had no idea!! I have always pronounced it "K"! I guess you learn something everyday!!!

And finally....:banana: Mama, lacey and Jesse are joining you in May!!!! What fun!!!! :banana:

I can't seem to get caught up either so I know how you feel!

Maybe the rude CM we had was a relative to your unfriendly CM at the Hoop Dee Doo. :rolleyes:

The food was better than I expected and Hunter was more than happy to have some "normal" food since he really didn't enjoy the meals on the ship.

We are beyond excited that the entire family will be at WDW together! The plans are slowly but surely falling into place.

Lisa, I wanted to catch up on your last update before I leave Saturday (I know I'm going to fall wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind).

I'm glad you didn't let Ms. Grumpypants spoil your mood on "your" island, Lisa. But what's with all the rude people with the sand, being told to "just take a tube" and closing "your" umbrella. It seems to me you were in those seats first and it was your choice to do with the umbrella what you wanted.

I'm glad you didn't let it spoil the day and the bike ride looked like fun (I'm amazed you were able to get a picture let alone several....I would have fallen off the bike!).

Lisa, I wanted to catch up on your last update before I leave Saturday (I know I'm going to fall wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy behind).

I'm glad you didn't let Ms. Grumpypants spoil your mood on "your" island, Lisa. But what's with all the rude people with the sand, being told to "just take a tube" and closing "your" umbrella. It seems to me you were in those seats first and it was your choice to do with the umbrella what you wanted.

I'm glad you didn't let it spoil the day and the bike ride looked like fun (I'm amazed you were able to get a picture let alone several....I would have fallen off the bike!).

Kathy, it was nice of you to stop by when I know you're about to start packing for your trip! Your trip! Your trip! :cool1:

I couldn't believe the number of rude people! They were everywhere.

The bike ride was a lot of fun. It was nice to get away from all the folks back on the beach. I didn't do such a great job on the pictures especially the one of me where you can see my gum in my mouth. :rotfl: I'm telling you the truth when I say those are the easiest bikes I've ever ridden. They were easy to pedal and steer. As I said, John didn't do so well but he shouldn't have been showing off in the first place. ;)

So did John have any effects from the plants that he crashed into? your last picture of the back of the ship makes me want to go on another cruise, whether it be Disney or not. I would, however, bypass the crowds. Disney does still use the runway for emergency purposes too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter