• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excuse me, you'll need to see security. What has Mickeystoontown done? Update 3/25x2

Good morning! I'm going to try and get another installment posted today or tomorrow.

Our 28th wedding anniversary is Friday and we are going to Hot Springs, Arkansas just to get out of town and get in one final trip before school starts. Yes, you're thinking correctly, Hunter is going with us on our anniversary trip. What can I say? We are such romantics!

I made our hotel reservations last night and now we need to decide what we are going to do while in Hot Springs. We'll either go to Magic Springs which is a combination of theme park and water park (with just one admission price and the concerts are free) or we may decide to tour the old bathhouses downtown (one is supposed to have a ghost there), play mini-putt, go on the dinner cruise or maybe just relax. I'm thinking we'll end up at Magic Springs. The Newsboys, a Christian band, are in concert on the 11th and, if we are already at Magic Springs, we may wander over and catch a bit of the concert.

As I said, we have no firm plans other than to get the heck outta Dodge.

'Nuff babble, let me get back to work. I'll work on that installment as soon as I can.

OMG!!!!! I just signed on here yesterday but I recognise you n ur family from a TR I read of you'rs on another site where "momma" was with you and you stayed at CBR then too,actually that was the reason I chose Cbr last September!!! I also see another poster here from that site in the comments,how cool :) I'm loving your tr keep it coming .

Such an interesting bus tour does make for some great memories, though!

How awesome that there were CMs waiting to greet you with warm towels! :goodvibes

First of all...Happy (early) Anniversary!!:goodvibes That's so funny you mentioned bringing Hunter along. Our anniversary is Sunday and we decided to go camping for the weekend and the boys are coming along and also my parents and brother. Definitely not romantic...oh well.:rotfl: Anyways, I hope you have a great time in Hot Springs.:thumbsup2

I'm glad you were able to get a few things done before the rain started. Yuck about the seats on the bus though.:sad2: That sign is definitely interesting. I remember seeing it posted before in another TR....maybe Missy's?

Yay for warm towels! What a great touch.:thumbsup2

That sign :scared1: :rotfl2: I laugh because I work with a guy that grew up on Trinidad and he says he speaks the " Da Queens English, mon." Yes he says mon......A LOT! :lmao: And he actually says tings like "I was doing tings and such, mon."

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! Our anniversary is friday as well!! We hit 15 years, so you got us there :) Glad you're going away, and taking Hunter with you, we don't do anything without Tyler. We'll probably just go to the zoo. Chris was able to take the day off, so that's a good thing. Have fun in Hot Springs!! Will be thinking about ya'll!!

Hmm... Interesting tour. I would have giggled like a 12-yr-old schoolboy at that sign, though. :rotfl2:

Happy (early) anniversary!!

Hi Lisa! Great update as always! Nassau seemed interesting to say the least! :lmao: Maybe a bit better to look at from aboard the ship! :confused3 Anywho! So great that you are able to sneak in another small trip before the start of school!! Should be fun! Happy (early) Anniversary!!! Hope it's a good one!!!!

Interesting tour of Nassau, it sounds like! You don't see the pictures of all that on the Atlantis commercials, do you? :laughing:

Hope you have a happy anniversary and a fun, safe trip this weekend! :)

Our 28th wedding anniversary is Friday and we are going to Hot Springs, Arkansas just to get out of town and get in one final trip before school starts. Yes, you're thinking correctly, Hunter is going with us on our anniversary trip. What can I say? We are such romantics!

I hope you have a very enjoyable anniversary!:flower3:

Don't worry about bringing Hunter! Kadence has been along on all of our anniversary dinners and outings. We told her that when we hit 25 yrs, she has to stay home. She'll be eighteen and I think it may be time for us for once!:lmao:

I LOVE the Newsboys! I have seen them several times! :cool1: Have fun on your trip! I actually got to meet the one guitar player with the curly blonde hair. He was really nice. It was before he had his solo album back when I was in College.

I'm all caught up! It is true, cabanas is theoretically like Boma, with pods but if you ask me it's just too narrow to pull it off. I found if I avoided the hot foods and stuck to muesli with toppings or plain yogurt (which they'd get if you asked) I was pretty content. On our Nassau day I had a surprisingly decent eggs Benedict but the rest of the hot food left a bit to be desired. Loved the muesli and toppings though!

Neat excursion, I'd expected Nassau to be about how it was, couldn't convince Jeff we should just stay on the ship and sure enough, after about 2 hours they all wanted to go back. We also got dumped on, we were amazed by the lack of drainage in the streets! It looked like it was flooding. Glad you enjoyed the house tour and semi sub so much and were greeted by warm towels. Too funny on the ID!

Nope, I move as slow as a snail so you weren't behind.

I'd love to see the pictures of the water sloshing on the cruise ship. If you find them, post 'em here so we can all take a look see.

I am slow too so understandable!! I like slow! :)

I will see what I can do this weekend on those pictures! I hope your anniversary get away is so fun and relaxing!! We took Madison and Chris to Atlanta on our anniversary...we just hate to not have them with us!

Your description of that bus made me want to take a bath!! :crazy2: Gross!!!! The third leg sounds very un-magical!

Yay for warm towels !!! Gotta love those Disney touches !! We weren't huge fans of Nassau either.

Sunsets, smiles & snails! Snails?

We used the wonderfully warm towels to dry off with and made our way back to our stateroom to rest a while.

I couldn’t pass by the lovely atrium without taking a picture of two:

DSCF2505.jpg

DSCF2506.jpg

I used the time to sit in the porthole and watch the others as they ran back to the ship. From what it looked like quite a few folks had decided to call it a day as well. Without my knowing it, John took a picture of me in the porthole.

DSCF2507.jpg

Once I realized that he had taken my picture and I was all waded up in a ball, I told him that I’d strike a better pose for him:

DSCF2508.jpg

How about this one?

DSCF2509.jpg

Yeah, those pictures just go to show why I would never make it as a super model or a hostess lady whatever she is called on The Price Is Right.

Hunter turned on the television and I continued to watch the people walk back to the ship.

DSCF2510.jpg

John asked me if I had taken pictures of the details in the room and I told him that I had not so he took a few for me to post on the Disboards:

DSCF2511.jpg

DSCF2512.jpg

DSCF2513.jpg

By the time we realized it, it was almost time for the show to start and, again, we realized that there was no way we could be ready in time. So, we took our time getting ready and watched the sunset from our porthole:

DSCF2514.jpg

DSCF2515.jpg

DSCF2518.jpg

DSCF2520.jpg

DSCF2523.jpg

DSCF2526.jpg

It was then that we said we’d never go on a cruise again unless we had a room with a large porthole or a verandah/balcony.

We were all gussied up and ready to eat our dinner so we started out the door and decided to take the stairs again since we had found that the elevators on the 8th floor took quite some time to get there. Huh? Which way was it to the Royal Palace again? We saw another family who had the same look on their face. Apparently, we stood out like a sore thumb and a castmember, who happened to look very similar to Mr. White Uniform who almost took me to security, took pity on us. He asked where we were going and when we said to the Royal Palace, he said “follow me”. He took us right up to the door of the restaurant and we thanked him profusely. I don’t know that we would have ever found it had we taken the route that he took.

While we stood waiting for the doors to open, I took more pictures of the beautiful chandelier in the atrium:

DSCF2529.jpg

DSCF2530.jpg

And one looking up:

DSCF2531.jpg

A castmember came around passing out the hand sanitizer wipes and told us that the restaurant would be opening soon.

Disney-Dream-Royal-Palace-15.jpg

I don’t know how all of you who have taken a cruise on the Disney Dream get pictures as you are walking into the restaurant. There were too many people around and it was all hustle and bustle and I couldn’t have snapped a picture if I had wanted to. So, I’ll borrow one from the internet so that you can see the entrance into the restaurant:

royal-palace.jpg

**Continued in next post

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter