Excursions

DISNEYMOMTO1

Mouseketeer
First-time cruiser here in September. I'm sure I will be having many, many questions until then and you all seem to know what you are doing thankfully!

1), what are the best excursions for kids? We are going on the Magic to the Eastern Caribbean for 7-days. It will be myself and my DD7, who will turn 8 on board.

THe only things I want to do are lay on the beach ALL DAY with DD who loves the beach and do the glass bottom boat thing. Would maybe do the stingray beach, but DD does not snorkel. She loves the water but doesn't want to get her face wet LOL.

2) gratuities. How do you know how much to give, and do you give daily or at the end of the cruise? I need to make sure I bring enough cash!

3) clothing to bring. I do understand the formal and semi-formal. Is there ever a need for a light jacket/wrap for at night?

4) Motion sickness. DD gets car-sick once in a while, so want to make sure we have that covered. What do you suggest for her? Plus, I have never been on a cruise before, so maybe I will, too.

Thanks, all your input is appreciated. I am sure you haven't heard the last from me!

I too have questions about excursions. We are on the Wonder 2-2-06 for a 3 Night. What ate the better excursions for me DW + DD(6)?

Tony& Sherrie - your questions are very different - you should post your own thread and ask again.

DISNEYMOMTO1 - I want other more experienced DCL cruisers to answer your questions, but I wanted to say that, yes, bring light sweaters, or something to put over your evening wear at night as the ship is chilly. Tips: DCL provides a recommended amount so you can budget appropriately. You provide the tips at the end of the cruise on the last night in evelopes provided by the cruise line. Many people find it useful to put aside your cash for tips prior to cruising into envelopes from home.

DS6 really enjoyed the Atlantis Submarine in St. Thomas. You go down about 80-100 feet below water and see all the marine life. We saw sharks, turtles, barracuda, lobster, etc. You then get a certificate acknowledging you did it. St. Maarten, we just went to Great Bay beach in Philipsburg. Rented chairs and water trampoline and jet skis. Spent the morning. Returned to the ship for lunch, shower, change and then went back ashore. Used the $5 all day water taxi (kids free) and it was a great time.

Tips: You wait until the end of the cruise and www.disneycruise.com has the guidelines for the amounts there under FAQ. You can also charge your tips to your stateroom account if you like.

You do tip as you go for beverages ordered. The tip will be included and you just sign for it.

DS also sometimes experiences motion sickness, but didn't feel anything during our cruise. You should ask your pediatrician what he recommends for your DD and test it out prior to getting onboard.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter