• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excursions

cyberdeb

Mouseketeer
How hard is it to get excursions. This will be my first Disney Cruise and we are interested in parasailing at CC and Aquadventure in Nassua. Do these fill up quickly and will we be out of luck?:confused3

I see you haven't got a response yet and unfortunately I don't know the answer. Did you ask on your cruise meet thread? They may know.

We booked Aquaventure on our first cruise (over Easter weekend, too, on a full ship). We booked it as soon as we could, but that was still after all the silver, gold, and platinum cruisers could, and we didn't have a problem getting it. That was on the Wonder, though, and since the Dream has more people it may be harder. :confused3

I think Aquaadventure is the Altantis tour, Right? If so I has sold out on 2 previous cruises I was on (with NCL) with pre-sailing bookings. I would look into booking that one early if you know you want it.

I'm not sure about the parasailing as we didn't try to book that on Castaway Cay. There were vendors at the port on St. Maarten and St. Thomas who offered parasailing seperate from DCL but I don't know how reputable those options are.

As a general rule I always pre-book anything I think I might want to do. You can usually cancel up to a couple of days before hand.

I don't know about the Aquaventure, but you won't have any trouble with the parasailing. You may not get your preferred time, but you will be able to book it. I just finished my first cruise and at the 75th day mark, all the times were available. However, about a week later, I had changed my mind on the time I wanted, and several times were already fully booked.

How hard is it to get excursions. This will be my first Disney Cruise and we are interested in parasailing at CC and Aquadventure in Nassua. Do these fill up quickly and will we be out of luck?:confused3

I'm sailing on a sold out Dream cruise in July an at the 75 day mark all excursions were available. The only thing that couldn't be booked was Palo brunch and a Cabana which was fine with me since I didn't want either.
It may be more about the time you want for the excursion then anything. For example, the jet ski adventure had only one opening on the day we wanted so we took it. Even though the time wouldn't have been our 1st choice at least we got it. But for the 2nd day of our CC stop all times were available.

You might want to research Comfort Suites. We have gone that route twice now instead of Aquaadventure and saved money and time... you can just grab a cab and go when you are ready. just do a search, you will find lots of info on it. I scheduled and cancelled parasailing several times up until the week before our cruise.... you should not have any issue there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter