Excursions on Oahu, Aulani & Waikiki

lovetotraveltx

DIS Veteran
We will be on Oahu for 7 nights in August. We are me, dh and 2 dd's 21 and 25. We are spending 2 nights at Hilton Hawaiian Village then 5 nights at Aulani.

Looking for good happy hours/pupus.

Good local food: Shrimp trucks, malasadas, plate lunches, sushi

Thinking of a sunset cocktail or dinner cruise?? There is a dinner cruise with Luau type entertainment, any thoughts?

Would you do a guided Diamond Head hike or just on your own?

Wants does your North Shore itinerary from Aulani look like?

Thank you!

If you search the boards there is a lot of great info on Aulani, excursions etc. My family and I will be there for 10 nights in August. We plan on relaxing at the resort, and doing some touring on our own. We'll have a rental car. We are planning Pearl Harbour paired with the Swap Meet at Aloha Stadium, Hanauma Bay snorkeling paired with Diamond Head, North Shore and food truck lunch, Hawaiian Fire surfing lesson, and just some general touring, snorkeling, exploring. We are also going to the Big Island for a week and are doing zip lining and the volcanoes there.

Great happy hours (with yummy pu pus) in the Waikiki area are at Duke's (my favorite) Jimmy Buffetts Margaritaville at the Beachcomber and the Mai Tai bar at the royal Hawaiian.
There's also a rotating restaurant (Top of Wakiki) that has some good happy hour specials.

I would recommend hiking diamond head on your own- no need to waste money on a tour and you can go at your own pace.

Theres a great shave ice truck in the diamond head parking lot. It's the perfect treat after the hike.

On the north shore is one of my favorite places - Ted's Bakery. Words cannot describe how delicious. A google search for it will give you the address. Yum.

We will be on Oahu for 7 nights in August. We are me, dh and 2 dd's 21 and 25. We are spending 2 nights at Hilton Hawaiian Village then 5 nights at Aulani. Looking for good happy hours/pupus. Good local food: Shrimp trucks, malasadas, plate lunches, sushi Thinking of a sunset cocktail or dinner cruise?? There is a dinner cruise with Luau type entertainment, any thoughts? Would you do a guided Diamond Head hike or just on your own? Wants does your North Shore itinerary from Aulani look like? Thank you!

We have been to Aulani twice and have done everything on the island on our own. Here is a list of great activities we did on our last trip

Hawaii Trip 2013

Sat: Fly to Hawaii  check in  hotel

Sun: Wikikki Pancake challenge at MAC 24/7 Diamond Head Hike, Aloha Flea Market

Mon: North Shore -Dole plantation maze Surf, Rock Jump at wiamea bay and see turtles at Turtle Beach

*Tues: Mokulua Islands Adventure Kayak 9am - absolutely amazing....

*Wed: Dowtown waikki King Kamehameha statue, dog the bounty hunter, Lenords Bakery, Hawaii Five O building

Thurs: North Shore Surf, Waimea Valley Market, Waimea Falls Park, Dole Maze Again

*Fri: Haunamea Bay Snorkel, Maunawili Falls, Parasail 2:30

*Sat: Surf north Shore, rock jump, hike,, Virgls Farm mm11.5 amazing roadside food

Sun: Hotel hang&. depart 3:55pm

My wife and I are celebrating our 20th anniversary in June and its also 1st trip to HI. I'm also curious to what the must dos are what things are a waste of time.

I hope your trip is great in Aug, I know we can't wait for ours!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter