Excursions in Nassau - Ardastra?

BeautyFan

Mouseketeer
Hello DIS friends! :wave2:

Has anyone been to the Ardastra Gardens tour in Nassau? Anyone tried it on your own instead of through the tour? I am wondering how easy it is to get there and back. Myself, DH & DD(3) plus maybe others in my family. :wave:

What I am thinking is getting off the ship, going to the Gardens (I'd like to see the flamingos!) and walking around. Then heading back, take DD on a horse drawn carriage ride, check out the market, then back to the ship and the pool!:beach:

We've never been to Nassau and want to at least step foot on the island, but also want to take advantage of less people on board the ship too.

Thanks for sharing! :grouphug:

We didn't do Ardastra Gardens as an excursion, but we went there a few years ago while on our honeymoon. We absolutely loved it and had a great time. The flamingos are totally cheesy, but worth it for the pictures you'll have to take home--they actually march and follow orders! I think it was a more "hands on" type of zoo from what we normally experience back here in the states.

Thanks Jennifer! It sounds like a nice, low-key adventure with our 3-yr old. We like to take her on 'nature walks' at our local parks, I think she'll enjoy the cheese too :laughing:

Hoping to do on our own in March, understand taxi is about $5.00 per person each way. For the return you may need to have a person at the ticket window call a taxi for you.

I have been before without my girls and I think they will love it, as it is not too big and you are close to the animals.

The flamingos are fun to watch.

http://www.ardastra.com/

We did the zoo on our own about 5 yrs ago. We took a cab over. It was easy. We did it on our own because 1) we wanted to get there in time to see the flamingos and 2) we did not want to do the other portion of the tour offered through DCL.

The flamingos were good, but the best part of the zoo turned out to be the lorakeets. Feeding the birds was a blast.

Jess

We did the zoo on our own about 5 yrs ago. We took a cab over. It was easy. We did it on our own because 1) we wanted to get there in time to see the flamingos and 2) we did not want to do the other portion of the tour offered through DCL.

The flamingos were good, but the best part of the zoo turned out to be the lorakeets. Feeding the birds was a blast.

Jess
Oh, I forgot about the birds! I don't think my 3-yr old will do this even if they let them at that age, but she'll enjoy watching mommy & daddy have the birds on our arms!

I remember doing this in California at Disneyland when I was very little...I'll have to find that scrapbook, I'm sure I have an old picture!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter