Excursion

mickilovesmickey

Mouseketeer
I was looking over the excursions for the Western Carribean and I am disappointed. We are a family that loves active activities. I have always wanted to swim with the stingrays. Now I see that most of these types of activities participants have to be at least 5 and older and some 10 and older. They didn't use to be this way. So anyway, my question is, should we do some of these things on our own instead of through the cruise line since I will have a 4 and a 5 year old. Both are good swimmers and would love the stingrays. And quite frankly, I don't want to do it without them. I have read previously that some people book through companies on their own. Does anyone recommend this? Thanks,

Have you considered Castaway Ray's stingray excursion on Castaway Cay?

We used NativeWay tours for our stingray excursion and loved the experience. We had several small children on the boat. If you want to do that going private would be my suggestion (I also know pele have used Cap't Marvins and others). Most have websites with their prices and ages, etc.

Yes you can take the kids on the Captain Bryans Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran Trip and kids under 4 or 4 and under(can't remember which) are free :woohoo:

We have been taking our kids there since they were barely walking. We'd hold them in the water with us. My husband would stick our son on his back so he could see them but not get too close as he was a little nervous.

Its a great catamaran and you get to sail back too :boat:

Our youngest had just turned four when we went last year and we booked all our excursions independently for the reason of her age and it was cheaper. Captain Marvin's I can speak for and can recommend.

I am also looking into booking independent from DCL, but was wondering what happens if we are re-routed, and don't make it to the port where the excursion is scheduled. We are travelling in September, so this is a concern. Will the excursion company know that we aren't coming since the ship won't be there, and will we get charged anything for not being able to cancel?

Thanks for any information

Vavasmon said:
We used NativeWay tours for our stingray excursion and loved the experience. We had several small children on the boat. If you want to do that going private would be my suggestion (I also know pele have used Cap't Marvins and others). Most have websites with their prices and ages, etc.

Instead of booking thru the ship I booked on my own with Nativeway and it was AWESOME!!!! Best thing I've ever done. For an island tour, with stops at Hell, Turtle Farm, the rum factory, Stingray city and snorkling for $30 per person (much cheaper then the ship). The boat was much smaller then the ships tours (the other boats at Stingray City where huge and had like 100 people on them) Our boat had 20 people on it we had a lot of one on one with the stingrays and the people from Nativeway tought us a lot about the stingrays, people from other boats were coming over to listen to the guys from native way talk about the stingrays and get kisses from them . There is no reason why your kids could not go. The water is only like 3 feet deep. My nephew went at 6 years old and LOVED it.

Nativeways website
http://www.nativewaywatersports.com/stingray.html

Their phone number
1-345-916-5027

Thanks for all of the info. You have made me feel much better about it. Has anyone done Xcaret in Cozumel with little kids?? I heard that it is beautiful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter