• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excursion: Whale Watching and Wildlife Quest (JU43)

DisneyPrincess

Mouseketeer
Has anyone done this excursion? Did you like it? I’m worried about potentially too many people to where you can’t get a good view of the whales...

Thank you!

My 2 daughters did this excursion when we were on the Alaska cruise last summer. They said that they saw so many whales! They said that the boat that they were on held 200 people but there were only 28 people total on board, so they had a great experience. They apparently had coffee, hot chocolate, and hot tea that was complimentary while on board. They saw orcas, humpbacks, seals and bald eagles. If I can find some pictures, I will post them.

My 2 daughters did this excursion when we were on the Alaska cruise last summer. They said that they saw so many whales! They said that the boat that they were on held 200 people but there were only 28 people total on board, so they had a great experience. They apparently had coffee, hot chocolate, and hot tea that was complimentary while on board. They saw orcas, humpbacks, seals and bald eagles. If I can find some pictures, I will post them.

Thank you!
I’m not sure I want to be there with 200...hmmmm, wonder how I could tell ahead of time?
Otherwise, it sounds great!

My mother in law and I did this excursion last week and loved it. The morning excursion was full when we booked so we went on the 12:00 one and the boat was about a third full. We had tons of room and the crew was awesome. They were extremely informative and fun to talk to. We saw a ton of wildlife some of which was rare for the time of year.

My mother in law and I did this excursion last week and loved it. The morning excursion was full when we booked so we went on the 12:00 one and the boat was about a third full. We had tons of room and the crew was awesome. They were extremely informative and fun to talk to. We saw a ton of wildlife some of which was rare for the time of year.

Perfect! Thank you!
I’ve booked the 11:45 time slot, so hopefully that’s less crowded...

My son and I did this excursion last summer (early July) - an 8:00 am excursion.
It was Awesome. Our tour was not full, as others have mentioned.. which left room for us to spread out and be comfy inside or out on deck.
The crew and staff we wonderful. I shouldn't rave too much about it as the whales were the stars... and the tour company has no control over them. We saw an Orca pod hunting.. so very active. And then we saw up close a number of humpback whales bubble feeding. Along with some sea lions.
The naturalist said he'd never had a tour like this before.... here's a little video from that excursion. You can hear the naturalist and I chatting on and off.

My son and I did this excursion last summer (early July) - an 8:00 am excursion.
It was Awesome. Our tour was not full, as others have mentioned.. which left room for us to spread out and be comfy inside or out on deck.
The crew and staff we wonderful. I shouldn't rave too much about it as the whales were the stars... and the tour company has no control over them. We saw an Orca pod hunting.. so very active. And then we saw up close a number of humpback whales bubble feeding. Along with some sea lions.
The naturalist said he'd never had a tour like this before.... here's a little video from that excursion. You can hear the naturalist and I chatting on and off.

Thank you so much!!

We signed up for JU44, Mendenhall Glacier and Whale Watching. It looks really similar, except that it also includes the glacier. I'm not sure if it will be too much (it's a 5 hour to 5.5 hour tour), but I really wanted to see the glacier, too.

exactly this! the boat was big and our group was small. We had one coach bus full - but the boat could have fit many more. I don't think that disney will put 200 on the boat.

Thank you!! That’s what I was wanting to know.

Disney was the only group on the boat - so it was exclusive to us. As someone mentioned - of course the company can't control the wildlife. but it was so amazing - and so were so many other disney excursions - that i swore they were whale whispering or staging the whole thing by bribing the wildlife. And the staff couldn't have been nicer or more informed.

makes me sad that i don't even have one disney excursion on our next cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter