Excursion recommendations for 4-night Wonder?

Lucky'sMom

DIS Veteran
I would love any excursion suggestions for our 4-night Wonder cruise in Jan. I was thinking of Atlantis for our Nassau day, and the glass bottom boat tour for CC, but recently read reviews that the boat trip was not very good. We have never cruised before, and would love any recommendations. We are a family of 5, me, DH, DS 10, DD 8, DD6. DH and I aren't "beach people", so would rather not spend another day at a beach other than CC. Thanks! :wave:

We loved the Stingray excursion on Blackbeard's Cay!! My dks 9 and 12 really enjoyed this too!

We are not really beach people either. We did the Thriller Powerboat. They walk you past the straw market to the boat. It was a fast and windy ride. They take you out to see the Atlantis Resort (you see it from the water), an island owned by Island Records, and the surrounding areas. It is a very nice boat ride. The kids will be thrilled with it since it is quite fast. My husband thought that the driver took more risks than he should have (went towards a boat to ride the wake bumps), but I think it was for the thriller effect. It went from 10:15 to 11:00 (got to sleep in!). After the boat ride was over, went to the Straw Market which is just steps away. It was really awful. It's so sad to see all of the people in the hot tent with their little children strugglng to make a living that way. My 12yo DD was scared. I would keep your young kids away from there. After the straw market, we went back on the boat, ate lunch, saw the Pirates of the Caribbean movie, and did some shopping on board b-4 dinner. The Thriller Powerboat was pretty economical, and you get a feel for the best of the city since you get a bit of a tour while taking a nice cool windy ride. Not much has been written about this excursion, so thought I'd pass it along. There is about a 10 minute walk to the powerboat in the heat, which was probably the worst part of the excursion for us.

The atlantis tour, ( the dig, aquarium) is very good. the tour moves quickly however once it's over you can take your kids back through it at your own pace, just leave on your wrist braclets to prove you have paid for it. The windows go from floor to ceiling so kids can easily see. it is themed really neat. saw lots of kids there having a blast.
also there is a horse and carriage ride for $10 per person, takes 20 to 25 minutes to do. It is fun and just something unusual for kids to do. Most have never done a carriage ride before. At the port you will have to walk through a building, once you exit it, turn right and follow the side walk toward the road. The horse and carriage ride will be on your left just as you reach the road.
The pirate musuem is really good, however your kids might be a little young for it. If you are interested,PM me and I will tell you about it.
I have heard that the Anastasia ( spelled wrong) gardens is fun. something about a funny show with flamingos and such. I havnt done this myself, but read many posts with possitive reports about it.

Have fun,
mom x4,grandma x4 :wave:

We like to do some snorkeling in the morning, then a bike ride for an hour which is plenty of times to ride both trails they have without rushing, plus you dont check back in, just dop off the bikes when done, so if your 10 minutes late, no problem.
The grouper game room has fun things for all ages too and is in the shade. we go there to escape the sun for awhile. There are giant checkers and chess set, pool, basketball hoops, shuffleboard, chip it golf and a few other things.
I have never done it, but I have read the glass bottom boat excursion is good for seeing tropical fish.
DH loves to parasail, but I prefer to stay on the ground!!!
The water trikes and assorted toys are fun for a little water time too.

The kids clubs do have special events the kids can sign up for too . Check their Navigators for this info.
The day before you arrive at CC they have a kite making event where all your kids canmake a simple kite, with your help then fly them on CC. This is very popular with the kids. Plus they are small for traveling with because you get to keep them when your done.

Plus there is a scavenger hunt you can do too. You get all the info on the ship the day before you arrive at CC. This takes about an hour to find all the clues. But you can do one or two clues, stop do something else for a while then go back to it. Even if you cant figure out a clue, go ahead and finish because you will still be able to piece together the clues for the solution. This is a pirate treasure hunt and everyone who finishes gets some of the pirates booty!!!! there is a cheat sheet too, but you shouldnt need it, even if you miss a clue or two. The first and third clues are very hard, the rest are ok to figure out.
Hope this helps give you a few ideas.
some people stay onthe ship and use the empty pools, but the island is so beautiful I hope you will get off and enjoy it. You can come an dgo all you ant, so go and explore and enjouy. The BBQ lunch is very good and you eat at picnic table which makes it extra fun for the kids.

mom x4, grandma x4

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter