Excursion cut short…

rvc

Disney is my happy place..
We were told by our TA that we should choose the late sitting for dinner on the 7 day Magic because if we were to go on an excursion we need to make sure we start heading back to the ship by 2-2:30 in order to make the 6:30 seating. Is that true?

I would think if that was the case, we would also run into the same problem if we were to go to the late seating. We would then miss the early show if we did not head back to the ship by 2:30?

it would depend on the excursion, the time it ends, how far away from the ship it ends, how long it takes to get back to the ship, and how long you take to get ready for dinner or the show.

As long as I'm back in my room by 5pm I can be ready for early dinner (or the early show). I usually start heading back to the ship around 4pm (4:30pm if we're at Castaway Cay).

If you have a specific excursion that runs late, or even is scheduled late, you can just skip dinner in the dining rotation that night. You could order room service or eat at the buffet restaurant (Topsiders) for that one night. I wouldn't change to late seating just b/c of that one night. If you don't want to miss any of your dinners, maybe you should switch to early.

Dinner is at 6:00 and 8:30
Shows are at 6:30 and 8:30

You might ask what the show is that night to see if you mind skipping it, although if you eat at the buffet, you can still catch the late show.

HTH :flower:

Amy

one of the excursions we were going to do was the French Riviera Beach Rendezvous. The Excursion listing indicates that it's for 5 hours. Do you think that's door to door or the time we get to spend at the beach?

rvc said:
one of the excursions we were going to do was the French Riviera Beach Rendezvous. The Excursion listing indicates that it's for 5 hours. Do you think that's door to door or the time we get to spend at the beach?

It's most likely door-to-door time.

I think most of the excursions get you back to the ship (or shopping) by 3 or 3:30 as I recall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter