• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

excursion advise

tweber84

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone. We are going on the land/sea disney vacation in January. I have a 16, 13, and 5 year old. I am looking for advise on what excursions to take while on the cruise. How is the dolphin excursion? Should you book the excursion ahead of time? Thanks!! :wave2:

I wasn't really pleased with our dolphin excursions from the ship. I'd do a day at Discovery Cove instead (if you have the time--the $ is about the same.)

In ST. THomas we saw the screamin' eagle jet boat run by the Atlantis Submarine people and that looked like a lot of fun. We took the submarine excursion and enjoyed it a lot.

sorry, just realized you aren't going to St. T.

dh and I kissed the dolphins on our 9/9 Wonder(ful) cruise in Nassau. We had a really good experience. we entered the water, knelt on a platform and interacted with the amazingly trained creatures. dd and dsl and 6 year old dgs donned life jackets and swam with the dolphins. They are snapping pics, and videoing the experience. But no hard sell. Lunch was better than expected (choices of hamburger or chick sand, hot dog ect.) and the swimming cove was clean with picnic tables and hammocks. most took the 2 o'clock ferry back to shop (stores close at 5:30)so we had an almost private swim. Then took the 4'oclock ferry back to the dock.

We did the Stingray City/Blue Lagoon excursion in Nassau and we all loved it. There were 2 kids ages 6 and 14 as well as 3 adults age 33-57. Swimming with the stingrays was great and not at all intimidating for the 6 year old. Blue Lagoon is a lovely, picturesque little Island.

We took the 2:00 ferry back so we had a little time to stop ina the straw market back in Nassau for a few minutes before we reboarded for dinner.

Parasailing and the Banana boat were awesome at Castaway Cay. My DD 6 coudn't do these two so she we checked her into the kids club part of the island while we did these excursions. She ate lunch with the kids and had a great time doing games and activities there until we finished.

Here's a tip, if you want to do parasailing schedule the last trip of the day. The boat leaves from the side of the Island where the ship is docked. We packed up our things and headed over to parasailing. When we were through it was time to board the ship. That way you don't waste time going back and forth across the island.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter