Exclusive Baby Gorilla Photos! (plus bonus Trip Report) - June '15 - completed 10/23 - Page 31

Not happy. At all.

Are you happy now?

We decide to try 50's Prime Time, and are able to grab ADRs on two days' notice. We're in!

That's great that you were able to get something on such short notice. Always hesitant to change plans too much - but given that, it is almost a sign you were meant to change plans

The film was good, but I wouldn't say "great". The highlight for me was "There's a Great Big Beautiful Tomorrow". But not a horrible movie, either.

I very much enjoyed the movie, though might have been more the idea of the movie and the message, etc. than the specifics (and I did think the last act was a bit of a mess and could have used some more editing/tightening of the script). I am looking forward to the blu-ray with all the "making of" and extended scenes at the Worlds Fair, etc. that I assume it will contain.

That is, until we are notified that the plane has arrived, but has a "maintenance issue".

That always makes me nervous ... I mean, it isn't like they fix it then send the plan on a quick test flight before you board or anything

Ok.....so I guess we're back at the original gate. Back we go

Always love watching the heard of people move from gate to gate after those announcements

so I quickly snap this "also ran" from the DISboards 2015 Best Photo competition:

haha - almost a winner. I liked the idea of that contest though think it would be cool to be more about "best" picture rather than "who can get the most friends to vote the most"

"We wanted a water view."

"Yes, but it's ugly."

Well, clearly you now know you need to specify what type of water view you want ;)

Fantastic!

Well, in the end seems like you wound up with a great room with a view!

Escaping dogs! Subpar okra! Foreshadowing! This trip report has it all and it’s just getting started.

The view from your room is perfect! I’m glad you guys got to switch rooms.

By the way those cylindrical pillows are part of SDI – “Snoring Defense Initiative”. I’ve launched many cylindrical pillows and, while I hate to admit it, I’ve had several launched at me.

Love your report so far. That room looks great and way to go on scoring it!! Weird about the space issues on the plane...I guess with that little leg room they can't be too concerned about proper stowage....but...shouldn't be allowed to have that little space.... I can't wait to be on that ME...have never ridden it but what fun it must be to be with all kinds of other Disney fans on a bus riding to WDW...so exciting!

Ack!!! How did I miss the beginning of this?? And you're on page 4 already....:faint: Well, I was supposed to work this afternoon, but now I'll have to read about Disney, oh well....

Ok, don't get too comfortable, because Mom's on the phone with the "front desk" (in North Carolina).

Haha, I've never been to CBR but from looking at maps that is sure what it looks like; from my other resorts I know the pain all too well of the main area in North Carolina. That's awesome that Kristen is always on top of the situation to make sure you get what y'all want. In my family I am the one that always wants to do the dirty work but my family is always back there saying no, don't worry about it, the next room could be worse... etc.

We wanted a water view."

"Yes, but it's ugly."

Love this, just because it's water doesn't mean it is alright; I'm pretty sure they would call a puddle or a fire hydrant a water view at some of these places.

When I typed that, I had no idea we'd be in Aruba! Unintentional foreshadowing!

That's perfect; you can tell Kristen that you did take a trip to Aruba after all so no need to take a beach vacation. You really can do just about anything at Disney World.

Well, I'm going to try to hang for this TR. But I haven't been on the boards much lately, so don't expect too much from me.

It's really cool to see you try a new resort. That view is exceptional. I need a few nights in February (ran out of points) and I want THAT EXACT VIEW! And I normally hate first floor rooms, but that's stunning.

Great pics of the family so far!

The re-done room is beautiful! And your view is amazing. I'm glad you got a good water view and not an ugly one. Can't wait to see what everyone thinks about the resort!

Your dog is so cute. Sorry she's a runner. We have a pug, so he doesn't run much. Looking forward to more!

Thank you! You're going to love WDW. I see you've been to basically every other Disney property, though, which makes me envious. I really want to see Disney Sea in Tokyo, and of course Phantom Manor in Paris.

Will you be writing a trip report after your visit?

Disney Sea did not exist when I went to Tokyo Disney (cough 25 years ago :rolleyes1). The only thing I actually remember from that trip is the Jungle Cruise ride and my uncle buying me a raspberry popsicle. I'll have to go back to experience all the new stuff it has.

And truthfully I don't remember Phantom Manor in Paris being that different from the Haunted Mansion - overall the effect was the same.

I'm just waiting for Shanghai Disney to open now - I'm meant to be going to China in January so I'm hoping it will be open by then so I can truly say I've been to all the Disney parks :teeth:

And I'm considering writing a TR - if only to keep the memories of my trip alive once I'm back here in Australia and stuck back in my cubicle!

Wow! What a great view from your room!!! You're making CBR look good! I'm just not sure how I'd feel about the walks to the center, buses etc. I bet that Murphy bed is a lifesaver for a lot of families! Off to a great start!

Are you happy now?
VERY happy! Aruba is a great location. We got first floor, and our view is anything but ugly :)
That's great that you were able to get something on such short notice. Always hesitant to change plans too much - but given that, it is almost a sign you were meant to change plans
While I've had a great time on past trips on that last day, I see Kristin's point. Also, a park evening to kick it off sounds great! It took several tries to get that ADR, so it was nice we were able to swing it.
I very much enjoyed the movie, though might have been more the idea of the movie and the message, etc. than the specifics (and I did think the last act was a bit of a mess and could have used some more editing/tightening of the script). I am looking forward to the blu-ray with all the "making of" and extended scenes at the Worlds Fair, etc. that I assume it will contain.
I did have to leave for the restroom partway through and missed the destruction scene. Dylan told me I "missed the best part of the movie" when I returned.
That always makes me nervous ... I mean, it isn't like they fix it then send the plan on a quick test flight before you board or anything
Yeah, hoping it was nothing major!

On a flight I took out of Allentown a few years back, I swore I spotted duct tape on the plane's tail. Boarded anyway, without incident.
Always love watching the heard of people move from gate to gate after those announcements
I sometimes wonder if the announcement is preceded with an off-microphone "check this out" from airport staff :)
haha - almost a winner. I liked the idea of that contest though think it would be cool to be more about "best" picture rather than "who can get the most friends to vote the most"
For some reason, this reminds me of when MTV used to have the Friday night, head-to-head video competition, decades ago. Motley Crue's "Home Sweet Home" went undefeated for months, until MTV finally said, "enough is enough" and kicked it off.
Well, clearly you now know you need to specify what type of water view you want ;)
"Non-ugly"
Well, in the end seems like you wound up with a great room with a view!
This happened at Coronado a few years back, too. We had a great room in the Casitas the year before, so we requested a water view there and ended up with one that was tucked back farther than we liked, yet you could still technically see the lake. Kristin worked her magic on that one, too, and we ended up in a fantastic room in the Cabanas.

It's times like these I'm happy she doesn't seem to just settle (marriage excluded, of course). I would probably just suck it up and take the initial room assignment.
Escaping dogs! Subpar okra! Foreshadowing! This trip report has it all and it’s just getting started.
And monkeys! Don't forget about them!

By the way those cylindrical pillows are part of SDI – “Snoring Defense Initiative”. I’ve launched many cylindrical pillows and, while I hate to admit it, I’ve had several launched at me.
They also came in handy later in the week in terms of child awakening, but we have to get past our Cirque du Soleil night for that to make sense!
Love your report so far. That room looks great and way to go on scoring it!! Weird about the space issues on the plane...I guess with that little leg room they can't be too concerned about proper stowage....but...shouldn't be allowed to have that little space.... I can't wait to be on that ME...have never ridden it but what fun it must be to be with all kinds of other Disney fans on a bus riding to WDW...so exciting!
People are typically quiet, except for the kids. And us. You sometimes get a great driver, too, who helps ramp up the excitement.
Ack!!! How did I miss the beginning of this?? And you're on page 4 already....:faint: Well, I was supposed to work this afternoon, but now I'll have to read about Disney, oh well....
I'm on page 4 because a lot of people are commenting! Thanks, everyone! I honestly didn't expect this many comments on the first post!
Reading about Disney during work has proven to increase productivity when you resume working, so I wouldn't sweat it too much. At least, I think I read that study somewhere. Or concocted it inside my head. Either way, the numbers don't lie.
Haha, I've never been to CBR but from looking at maps that is sure what it looks like; from my other resorts I know the pain all too well of the main area in North Carolina. That's awesome that Kristen is always on top of the situation to make sure you get what y'all want. In my family I am the one that always wants to do the dirty work but my family is always back there saying no, don't worry about it, the next room could be worse... etc.

I think the "front desk staff" you speak to on the phone actually does work out of a call center in North Carolina. Or so I heard!

The detached Custom House (front desk, bell services) was annoying, but fortunately, we only had to walk there three times. One time was worse than the others. More to come on that!
Love this, just because it's water doesn't mean it is alright; I'm pretty sure they would call a puddle or a fire hydrant a water view at some of these places.

That's always the danger in the water view!
That's perfect; you can tell Kristen that you did take a trip to Aruba after all so no need to take a beach vacation. You really can do just about anything at Disney World.
Oh yeah, I brought that up several times during the trip planning :)

Well, I'm going to try to hang for this TR. But I haven't been on the boards much lately, so don't expect too much from me.
An MEK-less DISboards is not a good DISboards :(

Hope you stick around! You pushing my first Trip Report contributed massively to the readership of my subsequent TRs, and for that, I'm eternally grateful :worship:

It's really cool to see you try a new resort. That view is exceptional. I need a few nights in February (ran out of
points) and I want THAT EXACT VIEW! And I normally hate first floor rooms, but that's stunning.
Just curious - why do you hate first floor rooms? Beside for the obvious "pack of elephants in the room above" issue?
The re-done room is beautiful! And your view is amazing. I'm glad you got a good water view and not an ugly one.
Can't wait to see what everyone thinks about the resort!
I'll do my best to make everyone love it.

Your TR did a lot to get me excited for the switch in the first place! I don't want to give away too much of the story beforehand, but we sort of liked CBR ;)

Your dog is so cute. Sorry she's a runner. We have a pug, so he doesn't run much. Looking forward to more!
She has a lot of freedom when we take her to Kristin's parents' lake house, and I think she sometimes assumes that carries over to home. It's a tough balance.

We've also had issues with her nearly swimming away after ducks and geese.

Bird dog. She was born that way :)
Disney Sea did not exist when I went to Tokyo Disney (cough 25 years ago :rolleyes1). The only thing I actually remember from that trip is the Jungle Cruise ride and my uncle buying me a raspberry popsicle. I'll have to go back to experience all the new stuff it has.
And truthfully I don't remember Phantom Manor in Paris being that different from the Haunted Mansion - overall the effect was the same.
I'm just waiting for Shanghai Disney to open now - I'm meant to be going to China in January so I'm hoping it will be open by then so I can truly say I've been to all the Disney parks :teeth:
Good for you! I really want to see the parks in Tokyo and Paris, but also would love to see Disneyland and Hong Kong. The situation in Shanghai sounds really bizarre, though, so I'll wait to see how that shakes out.
And I'm considering writing a TR - if only to keep the memories of my trip alive once I'm back here in
Australia and stuck back in my cubicle!
That's a GREAT reason to write a TR! It's like your vacation gets extended. I will read it if you do! And I'll actually try to keep up with it for once, too :rolleyes:
Wow! What a great view from your room!!! You're making CBR look good! I'm just not sure how I'd feel about the walks to the center, buses etc. I bet that Murphy bed is a lifesaver for a lot of families! Off to a great start!
You ain't seen nothin' yet!

Thanks, everyone, for reading! I have the rest of Day 1 typed up and ready to post, and should have it on the DIS later tonight. Enjoy!

Great update!! Sucks about the flight issue, but glad you guys made it in time for lunch, which I can't wait to read about!
You guys sooooo lucked out with Aruba!!!! That is a beautiful view, and I'm really glad that's where y'all got to stay at for your first CBR experience!

I hope you make a long update soon, because you've kept me entertained during this horribly boring New Deal lecture in my history class! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

Great update!! Sucks about the flight issue, but glad you guys made it in time for lunch, which I can't wait to read about!
You guys sooooo lucked out with Aruba!!!! That is a beautiful view, and I'm really glad that's where y'all got to stay at for your first CBR experience!

I hope you make a long update soon, because you've kept me entertained during this horribly boring New Deal lecture in my history class! :crazy2::crazy2::crazy2:

I claim no responsibility for your final History grade.

I have the rest of Day 1 typed up and ready to post for tonight, but now that I think about it, I might not actually mention what we did for lunch that day. Which would be tragic. Is it possible I took NO photos of lunch that day?

May have to consult Kristin before posting that!

I am following this! We're going to be at CBR for the first time in September, it's great to see some pics! :)

I am following this! We're going to be at CBR for the first time in September, it's great to see some pics! :)

There will be plenty in tonight's update! I also took a full stroll around the entire resort on one of our later days, so that update will be photo-heavy as well.

Thanks for joining!

We take the odd step into the Caribbean Beach line, gazing longingly over at the Coronado queue. Not this year, old friend. We're giving something new a try.

During the height of the Free Dining Rumors, some speculated that POR wasn't going to be included, so we decided were were going to try CBR as well. We ended up booking and was able to snag free dining at CBR the day it was released. But after a week of Free Dining being out, we were able to snag a room at POR. We love POR but if I ever get the nerve to try something new, it will have to be CBR - your pictures look amazing. Glad the wife was able to get the water view you had hoped for, even if it wasn't in your ideal location. And yay for the murphy bed! :cool1: My kiddos love it - which is one of the reasons we love POR!

Glad for the update, even if it was late. But it was a good one, so I'll let it slide ;)

We love POR but if I ever get the nerve to try something new, it will have to be CBR - your pictures look amazing. Glad the wife was able to get the water view you had hoped for, even if it wasn't in your ideal location.

It quickly became our ideal location :)

The resort is fabulous. There will be many, many more photos of it!

And yay for the murphy bed! :cool1: My kiddos love it - which is one of the reasons we love POR!

"Who's Murphin' it tonight?" became a daily question for us. The answers tended to vary, though. Stay tuned!

Glad for the update, even if it was late. But it was a good one, so I'll let it slide ;)

*whew*

I was worried about that! Seriously, thanks.

Joining in! popcorn::

We finally drop all three off, and Kristin and I are in agreement that if she runs while we're gone, they should just let her go. If you don't want to be in our family, go. She usually LOVES Kristin's parents, but if she's that adamant about going elsewhere, do it. Not happy. At all.

We used to have a dog who didn't run, but she wandered away. And she wandered FAST. At some point, we just decided instead of chasing her, we'd just let her come back whenever she wanted, since we adopted her when she was 9 years old and she only responded to her name when she wanted to. She always did, we're not 100% sure where she would go.

Your room at CBR looks really nice! Excited to hear more about the resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter