• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Exclusive 4th of July Cali Grill Review with Pics!

flamestarrdust

DIS Veteran
Ok as this is sort of a review but just more of a sharing event, here goes my first pics. However, it may take me a few days and posts to get you everything. Also, will have reviews and pics of other WDW restaurants within the next couple of days.

Lobby Decorations:
LobbyDecorations.jpg

Restaurant Decorations:
Decorations.jpg

Table Settings:
SettingforCaliGrill.jpg

Wine List (All included with Dinner Charge):
WineListatCaliGrill.jpg

Food List for Event:
Menu.jpg

There was a sectioned off room for kids. Not very big. It only had about two arcade games, face painting, a fortune teller and the following: (Also, a balloon artist walked around the restaurant making really great balloons for the kids such as Mickey, Darth Vader's hat, Pirate Hat with sword and Ariel from The Little Mermaid)

Popcorn in Kids Area (A little blurry):

KidsPopcorn.jpg

Cotton Candy in Kids Area:
KidsCottonCandy.jpg

Mickey, Minnie and Goofy visited about 3 separate times and danced with the kids along to the DJ booth. I tried to get some good shots of them but most of mine included other people's kids so I don't have all of them.

Mickey Dancing:

Mickeydancing.jpg

Mickey visiting again:

Mickey2ndtime.jpg

Mickey and Minnie Dancing with kids:
1stMickeyandMinnieVisit.jpg

Cooked Sushi (includes beef sushi, buffalo chicken sushi and hotdog sushi; I tried all of them except hotdog and they were all very tasty):
CookedSushi.jpg

Shrimp Tempura Sushi (Cooked) and Rainbow Roll Sushi
MoreSushiBar.jpg

Tuna Patties (cooked), Spicy Tuna Sushi, Various Sashimi
SushiBar.jpg

Cole Slaw, Romaine Salad and California Cobb:
VariousSalads.jpg

Salad and pickles along with condiments:
MoreSaladBar.jpg

Slices of Swiss and American Cheese and Buffalo Wings:
CheeseandBuffaloWings.jpg

Buffalo Wings, Chicken Tenders, Hot Dogs, Hamburgers and Buns:
MeatBar.jpg

Deviled Eggs and Rolls:
RollsandDeviledEggs.jpg

Cheese and Steamed Veggies:
VeggiesandCheese.jpg

After getting home and going through pics I realized I'm missing the shrimp skewer and flatbread pictures. However, they were quite yummy.

Sides(on Menu if you want to know names, I don't remember exactly what they were):

Sides.jpg

Shredded Pork and Pork Ribs:

Pork.jpg

Steak:

Steak.jpg

Clams:
Clams.jpg

This is only the dessert bar photos. I grabbed pretty much everything on the bar and fit it onto one plate. I will explain each dessert when I post those pics.

Dessert Bar 1:
Dessert1.jpg

Dessert Bar 2:
Dessert2.jpg

Dessert Bar 3:
Dessert3.jpg

Dessert Bar 4:
Dessert4.jpg

Below are pics of my food. I will try to explain what everything is. I apologize for food with bites taken out of it, it was all very, very good. We left very stuffed.

First is my sushi plate. It came already with the little cup of sauce, ginger and wasabi. All I had to do was add the sushi and sashimi:
SushiandSashimiatCaliGrill.jpg

Conundrum Wine (As referred to me by the disboards, also loved it! Just a note, all wines are the wine list I posted come with the entire package price. It's a great way to try super expensive wines :thumbsup2 ):
ConundrumWine.jpg

Tuna Patties and Spicy Tuna Sushi:
CookedSushiatCaliGrill.jpg

Pieces of Cheese, Steamed Asparagus, BLT Flatbread, Romaine Salad, Deviled Eggs and Spicy Tuna Sushi:
FoodPlate1.jpg

Steak, Spicy Tuna Sushi, Skillet Corn Bread, Cheesy Potatoes Au Gratin, Steamed Asparagus and Deviled Eggs:
FoodPlate2.jpg

Clams (I know I posted this earlier along with the buffet bar items but I just wanted to point out that this is how much they gave us in one serving. It was huge):
Clams.jpg

Watermelon Sorbet (Super Yummy, Tastes just like frozen watermelon, only served once a year):
WatermelonSorbet.jpg

Watermelon Sorbet and Kids Sushi:
Kidssushiandwatermelonsorbet.jpg

Kids Sushi (Super Yummy, Couldn't quit eating this):
KidsSushi.jpg

More Desserts to come tomorrow.....

Wow, that looked a fabulous occasion. Thanks for all the pics.

Those desserts!!! :teeth:

That looked like an awesome eating experience, thanks so much for sharing,
Claire xx

Wow this is beautiful.
I love Mickeys Uncle Sam outfit. It sounds like they do this every year?

OMG! Yum, yum, YUM! This event looks like something I have to tel DH about. Maybe we'll get to do it in 2008...in fact, I'm going to plan for it!

Thanks for the review and the amazing pictures!!!!!!!!!

Cruz Family said:
What kind of event was it? It looks great!

It was a July 4th event at Cali Grill. It was from 6 to 10pm. And our bill total for the entire thing was $385 and some change. It was well worth that amount for the activities, view and food. I booked the reservations for it in March and had no problem getting a table. In fact there were vacant tables at the event.

averill94 said:
Wow this is beautiful.
I love Mickeys Uncle Sam outfit. It sounds like they do this every year?

Yes, they do it every year. Though the price seems to go up year to year. From one thing I read about it on allearsnet it was $165 and we paid more. Our total was $385 for two people and includes all you can drink wine and beer plus the endless food and gratuity.

Kids sushi and sashimi, Peanut Butter and Jelly Ice Cream, Key Lime Tart, Butterscotch Creme Brulee, Blueberry Tart, Raspberry Tart, Fallen Angel Food Cake, Strawberry Cheesecake, Chocolate Mousse (Partial Picture)
DessertPlate.jpg

Chocolate Mousse
ChocoMousse.jpg

Choco Dirt Cup
ChocoDirtCup.jpg

We got a table right at the window and below are pics of our wonderful view:

Duskview 1:
Duskview.jpg

Duskview 2:
Duskview2.jpg

Duskview 3:
Duskview3.jpg

View:
DaytimeView.jpg

Fireworks! (A little blurry)
Fireworks.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter