• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Excluding a B2B what's your shortest time between cruises?

spicycrab

Mouseketeer
I know I'm speaking to the right crowd for this question :mickeyjum

I booked a 3 day on the Dream for December 2016 and I really want to book a 7 day on the Fantasy for Spring Break 2017. This will be roughly 4 months in between. DH is giving me the look that that is "too much too soon". I feel like these are two different cruises (well other than the obvious that they ARE two different cruises). The 3 day will allow us to experience the Christmas decorations. We have been on the Dream once before so the 7 day would allow us to experience the Fantasy.

What do you think? What's been your shortest time in between cruises and did you get the feeling like it was too much (like "I feel like I was just here" but not in a super excited way)?

Do it. I have as you say done a back to back so no gap, bur normally its annually as vacation time and the cruises in Europe dictate what we do, flight costs prevent us going to Florida.

I found my second cruise more relaxing as we did all of it first week and could wander and do different things.

I did two in the month of October so it was roughly 2 1/2 weeks. One was a last minute add on to a friends cruise so it was totally unplanned

i agree with disney fantasy, do it! you'll be kicking yourself if you get on the december cruise and you hadn't booked spring break.

I know I'm speaking to the right crowd for this question :mickeyjum

I booked a 3 day on the Dream for December 2016 and I really want to book a 7 day on the Fantasy for Spring Break 2017. This will be roughly 4 months in between. DH is giving me the look that that is "too much too soon". I feel like these are two different cruises (well other than the obvious that they ARE two different cruises). The 3 day will allow us to experience the Christmas decorations. We have been on the Dream once before so the 7 day would allow us to experience the Fantasy.

What do you think? What's been your shortest time in between cruises and did you get the feeling like it was too much (like "I feel like I was just here" but not in a super excited way)?
What do I think? I'm jealous! :) Sounds fabulous and I think you're right - 2 different ships, 2 different cruises=2 different experiences. The Dream is gorgeous at the holidays and to me it has a very different "vibe" than other times of year. My shortest time between cruises was 4 months once as well, also a 7 nt Fantasy and a 4 nt Dream at Christmas, and it wasn't too much at all. You'll love it and be equally excited on both trips in my opinion. Enjoy!

Well, we went on our first cruise ever in September 2011. I just completed my 11th Disney cruise a couple weeks ago. I will sail on my 12th in September this year. If you do the math including my cruise this September that's an average of 3 per year.

If I do NOT count back to back proper, my shortest time between is 1 day. I got off the Dream last September with friends then boarded the Wonder the following day with my family.

September 2013 I sailed the Dream with friends. 2 days after that cruise ended I boarded the Fantasy with my hubby.

If I don't count those 2 ~or~ my b2b sailings....... Let's see..... Time between cruises my family was on.... Oh! January 2013 we did an 8-night out of Galveston then May 2013 we did a 7-night Fantasy. So that's 4 months. :sunny:

Shortest was between a cruise on the Norwegian Dawn in early June 2013 (Boston - Bermuda) and then the Disney Fantasy in early November 2013 (Eastern Caribbean).

Once we did cruises 3 weeks apart. We have also done 7 in one year. You can see the details in information below. Actually got off a cruise earlier and ready to go back, lol.

Actually did a 2 day break a few years ago. Went with the DW and DD on a 7-day, went to the Shades of Green and then to the Nights of Joy for the return day of our cruise, DD and I played golf the next morning (wife did laundry), went to Nights of Joy the next afternoon/night. Next morning, dropped the DD off at the airport on the DW and I way to the terminal for another 4-day. And before anyone comments, the DD had to work so we had to go without her, lol.

Last edited:
We booked a 4 night Dream cruise that returned on a Thursday. We left on Saturday for a Fantasy B2B.

Before that we did 2 Mexican Riviera cruises 2 months apart.

If the budget can stand it, why not?

Well, we went on our first cruise ever in September 2011. I just completed my 11th Disney cruise a couple weeks ago. I will sail on my 12th in September this year. If you do the math including my cruise this September that's an average of 3 per year.

If I do NOT count back to back proper, my shortest time between is 1 day. I got off the Dream last September with friends then boarded the Wonder the following day with my family.

September 2013 I sailed the Dream with friends. 2 days after that cruise ended I boarded the Fantasy with my hubby.

If I don't count those 2 ~or~ my b2b sailings....... Let's see..... Time between cruises my family was on.... Oh! January 2013 we did an 8-night out of Galveston then May 2013 we did a 7-night Fantasy. So that's 4 months. :sunny:
Your a little ahead of us. Our first cruise was oct 2011 and we'll reach platinum this sept.

The closest we've done is 2 months apart. It may be a year after this cruise before we cruise again because we are thinking about going to europe.

We did DCL on January 4 on the Wonder, and when I found out I needed bilateral knee surgery we booked OGT on the Fantasy for February 21 also this year. That's our shortest time between cruises so far.

We have 3 more cruises this year! One on August 24, next on September 11, so that will be the shortest time between any 2 cruises for us!

I've got two close ones booked. Get off the Panama Canal Eastbound on Nov 6th, 2015
then get on the Fantasy Feb 6th, 2016.

We're doing the NYC Canada on Oct 2nd, and then a NYC Caribbean on 10/22, 2 weeks later. We talked about doing a B2B, but like that we will be able to catch up on things at home in between.

Shortest for us would have been first week in June on the Wonder in Alaska and then the first week in October on the Magic in the Southern Caribbean. Totally different cruises - didn't feel like too much at all. :) We had done a 3 night w/ WDW that January beforehand as well.

Next year we are gong on the Southern again end of January, and doing the 3 night Baja cruise that May. That said, my husband REALLY likes cruising. He's worried the 3 night isn't long enough but sorry baby, thats all the vacation time we have to spend on cruising! :laughing:

Twice we've done DCL cruises in early December followed by late January. Less than 2 months between them.

I KNEW I was talking to the right crowd :)

So, judging from your responses I would say that none of your were underwhelmed when you got back on so soon?

We did November 2014 and then last minute February 2015. This year we're doing December 2015 and March 2016. If we can fit something in between that we very well may take another cruise. If we lived in Orlando/Cocoa we'd be dangerous and broke.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter