Excitement gone!!!

We are here now and it is gorgeous, all the decor is up except for the GF, the MVMCP was amazing, the Osborne lights were enchanting....if you click on my Nov link in my signature maybe that will get you in the WDW holiday mood again

You will get out of your trip what you put into it. If you go about complaining about the way thing used to be all the time and keep yourself all worked up about it all the time then you may not have as good as a time. The fact that you will be in a place that you can have fun and enjoy the magic of the holidays with your family is good enough for me. Missing the LOW or miss a show that has been replaced by another is not going to get me down. Yes the economy is not what it was a couple of years ago. If you are still going it must not be too bad for some of us. Maybe Disney is cuting back a little in these hard times, good! I want the company to be smart and keep the business thriving so my kids can have as much fun there as I have over the years. I do not want Disney to become General Motors etc. and have to crawl to the goverment for $$$. We are paying that too and I am not having this much fun doing that. I do not mind spending money and having fun and making memories with my family. It is all perspective! Have a wonderful trip and a wonderful Holiday Season!

I found when people have lot of expectations about trip, they are disapointed sometimes. Expect good time which you will have for sure and if it turns great then your mood will be up in a moment. Even with cuts there are still plenty to see, think about that, not what has gone, we cannot change it but we can still have great time.

I will have to quit reading posts about changes at WDW as I really have lost interest in our upcoming trip. :sad2: We absolutely used to love WDW during the holiday season but are prepared for disappointment this time. Hope I am wrong!!! Otherwise, we may try DL next year.

You have to take all reviews here on the dis with a grain of salt.
1) some of the criticism toward disney lately is very well deserved
2) some of it is not.
3) It's really is alright to take a vacation some where else. I know here on the dis we some times feel that a good vacation cannot be had any where else but let me tell you, the world is really big. We are skipping a few years until things get better at the world and we'll still have great vacations.
4) Dont go prepared for disappointment, you will surely find it.

You have to take all reviews here on the dis with a grain of salt.
1) some of the criticism toward disney lately is very well deserved
2) some of it is not.
3) It's really is alright to take a vacation some where else. I know here on the dis we some times feel that a good vacation cannot be had any where else but let me tell you, the world is really big. We are skipping a few years until things get better at the world and we'll still have great vacations.
4) Dont go prepared for disappointment, you will surely find it.

Your post is exactly how I feel! It is so nice to see that someone feels the same as I do. I love WDW but am disappointed with some of their decisions. Then, reading some of the negative posts put me further down. Maybe, I visit too often and need a trip elsewhere. Thanks for replying!! :)

I leave in 6 days and have completely lost the desire to go. The frustrations I have spent in dealing with airlines, car rentals and Disney have me at wit's end. I have spent hours on the phone being switched from place to place trying to solve what should be simple problems.At this time I am still unable to do online check in because of errors made on their end. This is to be our first time staying on site and probably the last. This along with all the cutbacks have drained away the magic from this trip. Since I won't be home I will not be decorating the house for the holidays as normal and that's taking a hit on the holiday spirit as well. This all seemed like such a great idea when I booked months ago but now I'm feeling Bah Humbug! Just needed to vent lol .

I leave in 6 days and have completely lost the desire to go. The frustrations I have spent in dealing with airlines, car rentals and Disney have me at wit's end. I have spent hours on the phone being switched from place to place trying to solve what should be simple problems.At this time I am still unable to do online check in because of errors made on their end. This is to be our first time staying on site and probably the last. This along with all the cutbacks have drained away the magic from this trip. Since I won't be home I will not be decorating the house for the holidays as normal and that's taking a hit on the holiday spirit as well. This all seemed like such a great idea when I booked months ago but now I'm feeling Bah Humbug! Just needed to vent lol .

Just use the regular check in, we used it for years and the longest we waited is 30 min. It not worth all the trouble you have now.

Your post is exactly how I feel! It is so nice to see that someone feels the same as I do. I love WDW but am disappointed with some of their decisions. Then, reading some of the negative posts put me further down. Maybe, I visit too often and need a trip elsewhere. Thanks for replying!! :)

Visiting too often definately contributes to overall disapointment. We always leave out some rides /attractions, so each visit we do something new. Also consider special tours and Universal. Anyway you booked already and you do not plan changing your plan, so go and have fun. As for future trips, I personally consider cruising, it is much cheaper and lots to do. I did not book holiday trip this year but I will come back, just not sure when.

I know people will be offended by this but people are offended by everything.

The folks on this website are Disney fanatics. I take my family to WDW every couple of years for a vacation and use this site to get info and plan. The information provided by this website is helpful in planning and saves us time and money. It also has provided ideas of things to do. We get excited about going because it is something different and something to look forward too. I imagine the negative people are for the most part folks that take trip after trip after trip to WDW. My vacation $$ are special and I like to spend that money on different things. We've been to Balt/Wash., San Diego and WDW. We plan on seeing the Grand Canyon and Yellowstone soon, as well as a trip to Toronto to see the Red Sox.

If you go once in a while, I doubt you'd be that disappointed. If you are, then go somewhere else and stop the constant complaining.

We were just at the World in Feb and we are going back this December. I can not wait for our trip. WDW is a very special place for me and my family and we love our trips there.
No place is perfect. No group of employees anywhere is perfect. Think of where you work. Is everyone "spot on" every day all day? NO. I work with some really hard working people and I also work with a couple of useless slackers. Every place of employment has them.
Also, if Disney stayed the same and didn't change rides/attractions...people would complain about THAT. Things change and companies change. The economy changes. Nothing we can do about all that. Just enjoy what they are offering and create your own magic.

My advice: stop reading the negative posts, watch a couple Disney classic movies, Look at photo albums form previous great trips and then go, find some magic and have a great time.

I don't go to WDW that often but every time I go I find something new and interesting, something I missed the last time.

When I booked the trip all I thought was WDW for Christmas would be fun and it’s the one time other than the summer (too hot for this northerner) I can take the kids for two weeks and them not miss school.

I didn't even consider that it would be decorated. When I found that out I had mixed feelings. My vision of WDW did not have Christmas decorations and honestly, I was a little disappointed at first. In my mind the two just didn't go together. Then being on the boards and seeing all the wonderful Christmas pictures have made me excited to see it in a different way. Now I can't wait to get there and see everything.

Don't let other people's experience influence you. It's all about how you and your family feel about your own personal trip. Small/trivial things can be special moments to you and your family. Other people's view can be jaded because of their own expectations and experience.

We have a great time. As in life, deal with the unexpected and try to enjoy your family time together. After all.. itsn't it what it's all about? Life is too short. Enjoy...:flower3:

I just stumbled upon this thread and I'm trying to figure out what is missing. Any trip, including a Disney trip, is largely dependent on what you make of it. We go once or twice a year and love it every single time, we may not always get our requests, the weather may not be great, the crowds may be heavy, but we always have a wonderful time. We were just at the Poly in Oct. and every CM we encountered gave us an aloha, I ran into a supervisor and made it a point to tell her how wonderful everyone had been. If all those "grumpy" people stay home, the lines will be that much shorter for the rest of us.

It's all about perspective!!

The economy stinks. It's supposedly the worst time, economically, in most of our lives. I can imagine that Disney is feeling it from all ends, not just patrons, but from all of their resources, and can you imagine Disney's resources??

So.. they're cutting back.

I feel fortunate that my family is still able to go when there are so many folks right now that can't afford to feed their families, much less even think about Disney World.

I can't wait to go. Thankfully, I've only been just before Thanksgiving once, and only got to see some decoration, but not much. We're really looking forward to it, and won't know the difference or what we're missing.

It's all about perspective!!

The economy stinks. It's supposedly the worst time, economically, in most of our lives. I can imagine that Disney is feeling it from all ends, not just patrons, but from all of their resources, and can you imagine Disney's resources??

So.. they're cutting back.

I feel fortunate that my family is still able to go when there are so many folks right now that can't afford to feed their families, much less even think about Disney World.

I can't wait to go. Thankfully, I've only been just before Thanksgiving once, and only got to see some decoration, but not much. We're really looking forward to it, and won't know the difference or what we're missing.

See you there!!! :wave2:

i personally have no idea how someone elses bad mood can affect MY vacation. no matter where you go on earth, you will run into someone who is rude or unhappy, i just move past them, ESPECIALLY on vacation in wdw:)

I have just returned from my trip and found it as wonderful as ever!!! This time even the buses were brilliant!!
I took my nephew and sister-inlaw for their first trip and both were overwhelmed by the magic.
I am personally glad that Disney are cutting back on things to ensure that they get through this rocky period and I am extremely grateful that I can have my trips to Disney - many would love to do the trips we all do.
I still believe that if you do not look for the magic, you will not find it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter