Excited *NEW* Disney Bride

2BWEDDNDIS

Disney Bride
I posted something yesterday but I must have not done it right. I am new at this so I am not sure how to check my own feedback? Anyway I just wanted to get my name out there and say hi. I am getting married on June 20, 2006 at the Wedding Pavillion in Disneyworld. I am so excited!! My sister found this website and I thought it would be a great way to get to know some of those other rare Disney brides like myself. I have tons of questions, and am getting ready to sign my 8 month mark contract! I will definatly be posting a lot more soon. If you have any other suggestions or ideas I should know about please write!! I can't wait!

Are there any other June 06 Disney brides out there??

A little about myself I am in my 5th year at college studying to be an elementary school teacher. I am in my last semester of classes and I will be student teaching starting in Jan. and will graduate in May (right b4 the wedd, i must be crazy)!! Besides going to school full time I also work full time, so I really hope I can get on the disboards as much as possible!!!

Thanks everyone!! Have a magical day :wizard:

Welcome! I am a May 22nd WDW Bride. I just signed my contract - so exciting huh? Lots of great information here, hope we can help!

Katie the mickey ears icecream icon is so cute!! Did you have any problems doing your room block for the contract! I am having trouble with my guests getting back to me on where they would want to stay, we are expecting 50 people. How did you present this to your family, did you give them choices or just block out a bunch of rooms?? HELP!
- kammie

We Just Gave A Guesstimate For Our Room Block And Our Wedding Consultant Said That Was Ok. We Picked Three Hotels. One Deluxe(the Boardwalk, That Is Where The Wedding Is), A Moderate And A Value Hotel.we Just Thought About Each Guest And Guessed Where They Would Want To Stay.

What if you over block at one resort and they all want to stay at another will they change it for you if the resort still has rooms available? how many nights did you give your guests? I probably worry to much??

2BWEDDNDIS said:
Katie the mickey ears icecream icon is so cute!! Did you have any problems doing your room block for the contract! I am having trouble with my guests getting back to me on where they would want to stay, we are expecting 50 people. How did you present this to your family, did you give them choices or just block out a bunch of rooms?? HELP!
- kammie

Hi kammie,

Thanks I love that icon! I pretty much just figured out what my mom, dad & step mom, fiances mom & dad, sister & her family were going to do, between that we hit our minimum of 25, we are staying 10 days, parents are staying each a week, sis is staying 5 days, I'm going to have to add rooms to the block soon. We are having approx 40 guests. I also sent out save the dates prior to the ones disney sent to the guests to get a better estimate.

2BWEDDNDIS said:
So you can add rooms to the block after you sign your contract??

Yes you can. :rolleyes1

Welcome Kammie! Don't worry, I'm just as crazy as you. Both my fiance and I are working our tails off (part time though), will be graduating university with honours degrees at the end of April and planning a wedding for May 20th at Disney! If you need someone to talk to about the stress of doing all three, I'm here for you! Congrats on your wedding. You'll find this website very helpful and meet some great people. Look forward to hearing about your wedding as the planning progresses!

hi there dbweddndis & congratulations on your upcoming disney wedding, this site has been a lifesaver as a ft nursing student & ft insurance producer i know that crunch time feeling. disney has been great to work with & now that youll be signing your contract all the fun decisions begin. were actually paying for our guests rooms at the allstar movies so slightly different situation than some, but we just estimated our families rsvp & blocked the rooms accordingly, we also made newsletters to help our guests make travel plans & have a wedding website to keep everyone posted, disney also gives you a website & like others have said disney will adjust the room block too if you need more or less. keep us posted & best of luck with your plans.

Welcome to the dis board and congratulations on your upcoming wedding! I'm sure you will find this place helpful :)

Welcome to the board and enjoy the planning. This board has been a a great way for me to de-stress and find answers to my questions. I am not a June bride but July 15th, 2006, so close!

Are you having a custom or an intimate wedding?

I think we all have our stressful lives to deal with before the wedding. I am starting off as a substitute teacher and trying to find a job right now. But i honestly feel the wedding planning makes me happier and less stressed. Whenever I feel overwhelmed, I remind myself that I am getting married to the man i love in july and thats all that matters. :)

P.s good to know we can change to room blocks after we sign the contract. I think we need to add rooms to it.

Welcome to the board. I have found it very useful for my upcoming Disney wedding. I too am with you girls who are stressed, going to college and working tails off.

luvndisney, I am having a custom wedding. We are expecting around 50-60 guests. So nice to know I'm not alone, and it does put a smile on my face and is a nice stress reliever planning the wedding. I just get so excited about the smallest things, I love hearing about and seeing pics of other disney weddings!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter