Exchange Rates

We personally use a fee free credit card as you get the full inter bank rate. You can lose out a little but most times we have been far better off than changing currency.

If you don't want to use a CC a lot of people use FairFX cards as there rates tend to be consistently among the best.

I also use a credit card (to get the airmiles) and have also found that I've usually had a better rate than changing currency.

To find the best exchange rate around go to this site.
travelmoneymax.com

I also use a credit card (to get the airmiles) and have also found that I've usually had a better rate than changing currency.
Don't know of fee free credit card that gives airmiles so while you might be getting a slightly better rate than the high street you are probably getting around 3% less than a fee free card.

I use both Halifax clarity & the Post Office card, both give full interbank rate with no fees on foreign purchases. Just take a small amount of cash ($100ish) for tolls and anything else where they don't accept card.

If you want somewhere to pick up cash on the high street then I have found Thomas Cook reserve and collect to be about the best option. You reserve online and then pay for your currency when you collect it in store. You do have to collect the same day you order to guarantee the reserved exchange rate.

Sorry I didn't make it clear - my credit card isn't fee free but it's so worth it as I end up getting my flights each year with the miles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter