exchange rate

Discussion in 'Canadian Trip Planning & Community Board' started by mogwoi, Mar 20, 2001.

1. mogwoi

mogwoi Earning My Ears

I would like to know if you think the exchange rate will be better at the end of summer then it is now. I don't know if I sould wait to change our money or if our $$$ will continue to fall...

2. Shellh

Shellh Earning My Ears

I wish I knew the answer to that one! I am traveling in the fall and would love to see our dollar gain some ground by then.
    Anyway, what you might want to do is to simply buy little bits at a time over the next little while.
    When we decided to travel to DW in the fall (before Christmas we decided), I started a US dollar account at the bank and started putting in a little bit a week.
    This way you are "dollar cost averaging" which means you get the highs and the lows and hopefully in the end you even out. Seems a little less painful on the pocketbook :)

3. jst4fun

jst4fun Earning My Ears

Went up this morning...just under .64...isn't that great!! Watch the news in the morning, they often talk about the dollar (or should I say half dollar!) I have found that Wednesday's and Thursday's usually show the best rate...not a guarantee though.