Exchange rate for the western cruise?

disneyliz

Earning My Ears
Anyone out there that could give any hints for the exchange rate on Grand Caymen and Cozumel. Some people have said its best to pay with a credit card so your not ripped off, but I sure they could try and charge more to your credit card. So how do you keep track of the money situation when you are on the islands.

Any suggestions would be great.

Most everything has both local currency and US currency on the price tag.

but they give you change in their currency correct? so you need to know the value of the dollar for that island?

The only place we got the countries currency in change was at a burger king in Cozumel. Otherwise, everywhere else gave us US currency in change.

M&M~ Just wondering~what did you do with that change from Burger King??

Jeanny :wave:

I was hoping I could exchange one (-1-) 48 yr old DW for two (-2-) 24 yr Old Dis Females CM's.

Any chance I can get upgraded/upbraided?

The exchange rate with the Cayman Islands Dollar (KYD) is fixed at US$ 1.25. That is, you'll need $1.25 in U.S. currency for every dollar in price when the price is in KYD. This is one of the few dollar-denominated currencies in the world where the local dollar is worth more than the U.S. Dollar.

The exchange rate with the Mexican Peso (MXP) varies, but as mentioned, almost everybody you deal with will have prices in U.S. Dollars and will trade in U.S. currency.

The exchange rate in Key West is 1 for 1!

My guess is you have a good chance of being slapped by either your wife or one of the two female CMs, Jim!!:jester:

My guess is you have a good chance of being slapped by either your wife or one of the two female CMs

Kaa - don't entice the man...

Just wondering~what did you do with that change from Burger King??

Jeanny - I believe they bought dessert at McDonalds...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter